hello RAM hacker help me pls

Agro

Hi guys, I think I just had a breakthrough in sound editing. I've definitely got more than 8 tracks running, and it's currently sitting at 12, because I know that that's what the current place in the RAM has room for. I should be able to increase it to 16; however, I'm going to need a place in the RAM to repoint to that has more than 0x320 bytes free. Does anyone here know where I might be able to stick it?

thx guys much love xoxo

edit: bit of a false alarm, FE7 now definitely READS more than 8 tracks, but the "8-sound" rule still applies. Essentially, I haven't gotten anywhere further, really.

i hate hacking

Edited by Agro

yeah like i said i probably am 100% unable to help you but... just as a proof of concept maybe stream it into an area that isn't very obviously used (i remember seeing a bunch of zero zones just flying around but i havne't tested extensively so do so at your own risk)

if i knew anywhere with that much unused space i would totally have used it for my own purposes by now

Edited by CT075

:( saw the edit, how unfortunate. I remember a program capable of finding free space in RAM but it -may- have been only for the DS. There are (tedious) ways to find free space though. You could actually get away with stealing free space from certain areas if you worked it out just right... *shrug* oh well guessing it's all pointless now