Association Football 2016-17: Força Chapecoense.

Parrhesia

If you've ever gotten social anxiety about embarrassing things you've done in the past, just remember that Joachim Loew has now;

a) picked his nose, rolled the snot around and eaten it, twice;

b) scratched his balls and given his fingers a good sniff, and;

c) done the same with his arse minutes later

in public, on camera, to a global audience, and still has a high-profile career. What a guy.

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On to the Copa America semifinals! Party like it's 1995!

However, while Yedlin will be back, Jones, Wood, and Bedoya will be suspended. No matter what the result of the SF is, the fact that we got this far is n achievement in and of itself

'Last Friday Wilmots had his first XI take on the other squad members, whom he arranged in a 3-5-2 formation in a rough approximation of the shape Italy took up on Monday. His first team lost 4-0.'

Edited by Parrhesia

Goddamn it, Croatian fans. THINGS WERE GOING SO WELL UNTIL YOU THREW FLARES.

Also, haven't seen Spain beat the Turks that badly since Lepanto

On to the Copa America semifinals! Party like it's 1995!

However, while Yedlin will be back, Jones, Wood, and Bedoya will be suspended. No matter what the result of the SF is, the fact that we got this far is n achievement in and of itself

i didn't expect the US to make it out of groups even but cheers to you, honestly played a lot better than i expected

but argentina is meeting the us in semis so i guess that's where my support ends lmao

i didn't expect the US to make it out of groups even but cheers to you, honestly played a lot better than i expected

but argentina is meeting the us in semis so i guess that's where my support ends lmao

Who knows? Maybe we'll party like it's 1995 vs. Argentina as well? ;)

I won't let ANYONE'S logic get in the way of my delusional optimism here

cristiano ronaldo once again choking against strong opponents like hungary and iceland

meanwhile messi breaks the game against the also very strong venezuela

poor mexico, too. being on the receiving end of seven goals is horrible, i know a bit about that

I think they just had a horrible game, they didn't even look that bad in groups, but Chile was clearly the better side

I'm being told "Argentina should take the whole tournament easily" and man have I heard that somewhere before? Several times?

Argentina should take it, is just that they are natural second place :Kappa:

Edited by Ken Masters

Don't watch the Copa America (because fuck timezones and Israel plays against European teams) but I haven't missed a game of the Euro.

I still can't believe that France rang it off the crossbar (82'). They had so many opportunities to beat Switzerland and just couldn't do it.

it's not funny when other countries say it :(

Hey, at least you're still on the competition, and doing well :):

We left the cup watching Suarez rotting on the subs :P:

should've brought bruno 'bruno' fornaroli to the party tbh

England's hilarious and inevitable failure built along the catalyst of bringing along a midfielder who had made One competitive start for his club all season sets them on the tough part of the draw. What're people's thoughts on the 24 teams qualifying? I think that it was an improvement... during qualifying. The tournament itself feels bloated, not in terms of quality (there are 24 good European teams) but just in terms of format, you know? All this 'best third-place' stuff just feels wrong. It's not the death of football like some people are saying.

That said the Asian Cup is also expanding to 24 and, just, wow.

Eh, I don't mind the 24 team system. It gives those countries that were on the fringe such as Albania, Iceland, Northern Ireland, etc., a chance to play. It gives the fans of those countries something to remember, even if they lose all their group games. Those teams haven"t put in bad performances, either. Albania won their last game against Romania and could've had a point against France. Iceland drew their first two games, one against Portugal. Northern Ireland won against Ukraine. In football anything can happen, so it isn't degrading for the tournament to have these teams. Besides, who doesn't like more matches to watch?

In terms of the best third place teams, I can understand the sentiment of how it feels wrong. It is essentially "Who's the best loser?".But for the smaller countries, it is a chance for glory, a once in a lifetime chance, unlike the bigger countries, who are in contention every tournament.

Edited by TapdancingCrabdemon

Germany and Poland through after identical 1-0 results. Northern Ireland still alive.

What a win for Croatia! Another late goal in the tourney by Perisic, which honestly should've been saved by De Gea. Turkey stay alive due to a win vs the Czechs who are out. Croatia top the group, which would very well set up Spain vs Italy in Ro16 (Barring any suprises.)

US playing Argentina tonight, even though the US are probably going to lose, I'm still excited for it.