Association Football 2016-17: Força Chapecoense.

Parrhesia

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either way, Hope Solo is a massive fraud and domestic abuser even less likable than the Brazilian goalkeeper who (allegedly) hurled herself 10 metres off her line for every Australian penalty in a match I didn't actually watch. Fortunately that game did at least give us Lisa de Vanna not understanding how waterbottles work. I always did suspect she wasn't the brightest.

Moving on;

Hull... good??? I guess only having 10 fully-fit outfielders is okay if you never use substitutes. Leicester... look out of sorts. I'm kind of worried, but they'll sort it out. Vardy... I'm worried he might be a one-and-a-half season wonder, he really needed to do better with the chances he got. Either way, I'm still on track for my prediction that Hull will get one win this season. Just. I probably won't be for long.

Hart is fucked. I don't even think he's bad, just streaky, and, well, terrible during the Euros.

Meanwhile, every single Huddersfield match report has basically been saying "MOOY IS TOO GOOD FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP" which literally everyone knew already.

how does owen coyle keep getting jobs

Fortunately that game did at least give us Lisa de Vanna not understanding how waterbottles work. I always did suspect she wasn't the brightest.

It's just banter m8. She did that on purpose

Edited by Chad Thundercock

Also feel free to make sick predictions like for example my hot take that I don't fucking know who will win the Premiership I guess maybe Spurs

Both Manchester sides and Arsenal are bad for sure though.

I shall sickly predict that Bayern München will win the fifth German championship in a row. The last few years have been fucking boring over here and their team wasn't exactly weakened this summer. I guess we'll see if the change of coach will be a factor but honestly, we'll probably have to settle for the races for 2nd place, for EL qualification and for not being relegated to find some suspension.

Also feel free to make sick predictions like for example my hot take that I don't fucking know who will win the Premiership I guess maybe Spurs

Both Manchester sides and Arsenal are bad for sure though.

Manure gonna win this shit.

Manure gonna win this shit.

Wayne Rooney will never win another Premiership title. He is a trashboy. It was pointed out on a recent Football Weekly that the 4-2-3-1 to accommodate Rooney in his One Half-Decent Position hamstrings #pogback, Martial and uh whoever the fuck their other winger is I forget somehow. They'll still finish in the Champions' League places though, and my hot takes are that one of Manchester City or Arsenal, as well as Chelsea, miss out.

So many unknowns though. Fuck.

• 3 weeks later...

The final round of World Cup qualifying for AFC started, and with it comes a surprising result of UAE beating Japan 2-1 in Japan, along with China putting a scare into Korea Republic, though Korea held on to snag all three points.

Meanwhile, in CONCACAF, the US will field a somewhat understrength squad on Friday with Dempsey being out (having a possible irregular heartbeat monitored), Bradley having a yellow card suspension, and Brooks picking up a knock. But hey, it's only St. Vincent and the Grenadines, what could possibly go wrong?

CONMEBOL today and this tuesday.

Argentina (now with 20% more Messi) will be our first match!

I love matches against Argentina or Brasil. Either when Uruguay plays like crap the entire season while they do awesome, or they play like crap while we are actually decent, these mattches always are super close. I would love to win, but I'll be fine with a draw.

Uruguay hast to prove that our perfomance at the Not-Copa America was a honest mistake, while Argentina has all those terrible issues regarding their ferderation + new manager.

Certainly a nail-biting match, haha :P

Edited by 20XX

Well, idk what we had to worry about, since the US won 6-0 with an understrength squad with Christian Pulisic scoring twice.

It would take a massive screw up to miss the hex, and even then if Trinidad beats Guatemala today we'd be through to the next round of qualifying anyway

EDIT: With Trinidad and Guatemala drawing 2-2 the US would need a MASSIVE screw up to be eliminated. A US win would send them top of the group, a US draw would have them advancing as runner-up, and even a loss (Jurgen forbid!) would still get them through as long as Guatemala don't make up the GD (which the US has a +13 GD compared to Guatemala's +1)

Edited by Bullwine85

Iraq comfortably dealt with... in the second half, at least. First match of note in ages without Cahill getting on the pitch, which can only be a good thing. The UAE turned Japan over in Japan... and we're facing them next.

It's set to be 46 degrees.

Fuck.

Still, a win there will be hugely good news and I'd be happy enough with a draw.

Well, idk what we had to worry about, since the US won 6-0 with an understrength squad with Christian Pulisic scoring twice.

it was more a reference to the fact that scotland lost 1-0 to georgia despite claims that we would easily beat them and go on to have a good chance to qualify for euro 2016. i don't even know where the country georgia is.

Edited by Tryhard

it was more a reference to the fact that scotland lost 1-0 to georgia despite claims that we would easily beat them and go on to have a good chance to qualify for euro 2016. i don't even know where the country georgia is.

And when people mention Georgia here, they'll think of the US state, not the country. Go figure

On a side note, finally went to an MLS game! Had great seats in the away supporters section.....only to see the Union lose 3-0 :/

Yj7gyUY.jpg

Edited by Bullwine85

Si

And when people mention Georgia here, they'll think of the US state, not the country. Go figure

On a side note, finally went to an MLS game! Had great seats in the away supporters section.....only to see the Union lose 3-0 :/

Yj7gyUY.jpg

sick mate!

I'm surprised the MLS is still playing official matches during the FIFA qualifiers. Most countries stop their leagues for that weekend.

Sisick mate!

I'm surprised the MLS is still playing official matches during the FIFA qualifiers. Most countries stop their leagues for that weekend.

It's one of the few things people still debate on in MLS, a lot of MLS fans are begging for the league to stop during international breaks. Granted, they DID stop the league while the Copa America Centenario was going on, but still.

With the international break concluding, CONCACAF has just finished the latest round of qualifying, with the US winning a convincing 4-0 victory over Trinidad and Tobago, fielding a relatively younger lineup compared to past games, even giving 17 year old Christian Pulisic a start. Goals by Sacha Kljestian, Jozy Altidore (twice), and Paul Arriola meant that the US wins group C, and advances to the final round of CONCACAF qualifying, also known as "the Hexagonal" or simply "The Hex"

The final round of qualifying for the US starts on November 11th, hosting hated rivals Mexico in Columbus, Ohio

c1da931eb0.png

Hey, given that I think every confederation's now in their last phase of qualifying it might be time for qualifying predictions.

hell, i'm bored

HOSTS (1) russia, sadly

UEFA (13) France, Switzerland, Germany, Wales, Poland, Big Sam's England, Spain, Greece, Croatia to qualify directly. Republic of Ireland/Scotland/Italy/Glorious Kosovo! to conquer Hungary/Northern Ireland/Denmark/Bosnia in the playoffs.

CONMEBOL (4.5) Should take one of Africa's slots IMO. Anyway, I guess the standard Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, Colombia... Ecuador in the playoffs. Though Brazil's new manager is meant to be much-improved from what I heard...

CONCACAF (3.5) USA/Costa Rica/Mexico are way better than everyone else in the region. I guess Honduras to (dear God, please) lose the playoff.

AFC (4.5) Iran and South Korea, Australia and Japan - UAE making the playoffs
CAF (5) Holy shit! Nigeria, Cameroon and Algeria are all in one group fighting over one slot. I guess Tunisia, Algeria, Ivory Coast, Senegal and the much-hyped Egypt?

OFC (0.5) i believe in new zealand

The UAE and Ecuador will pump Honduras and New Zealand respectively 5-0 at home and lose 3-0 away and qualify.

i am if nothing else guaranteed at least one right out of 32