Amusement/Water Parks!

Anacybele

So, having brought up Disney World in my thread about dream weddings/honeymoons, I thought I'd make another thread for amusement and water parks!

Which ones have you been to? What are your favorite rides in each? Which is your favorite ride of all time? Did you win any prizes at the games? And there are probably other questions I could ask too that I'm not thinking of. lol

I've been to several and I absolutely love amusement and water parks! (for the most part. There actually is one that I didn't like)

Kennywood (Pittsburgh, PA in the US)

Sandcastle Water Park (Pittsburgh, PA in the US)

Idle Wild Park (Ligonier, PA in the US. Has a water park called Soak Zone in it too)

Six Flags Missouri (St. Louis, MI in the US, though I BARELY remember it)

Six Flags Over Georgia (Atlanta, GA in the US)

Six Flags White Water (Atlanta, GA in the US)

Disneyland California (the US)

Disney World Magic Kingdom (Florida in the US)

Disney World Animal Kingdom (Florida in the US)

Busch Gardens (in the US, though I was too young to remember this)

Europa Park (Germany...don't remember what part)

Holiday Park (Hockenheim, Germany)

Tripsdrill Park (Germany...somewhere lol. This is the park I disliked)

My favorite ride in Kennywood is definitely the Racer! The best roller coaster EVER! :D Second would be either the Musik Express (yes, it's spelled with a K, not a C) or the Auto Race.

For Idle Wild, it's a tie between the Rollo Coaster and the Scrambler. Both are absolutely amazing! Second is the Tilt-A-Whirl.

Six Flags Over Georgia, I don't really remember as well as the others for some reason. But I know I loved the Georgia Cyclone and Wile E Coyote's Canyon Blaster. :D

I barely remember Disneyland, but it has my favorite ride from Disney World's Magic Kingdom, so... :D

Disney World Magic Kingdom, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, no contest! I had dreamed of riding it for YEARS and when I finally got to...damn, was it worth it! :D

I only rode one ride in the Animal Kingdom, that ride being the Kali River Rapids, so I can't say a favorite here. lol

Europa Park...gosh, it's been a long time since I was last there. I actually don't remember my favorite ride in it.

Holiday Park, I do remember my favorite! The Spinning Barrel, which is a lot like a Scrambler. :D

Tripsdrill, I disliked too much to have a favorite. It was just BORING there.

My favorite ride of all time is...*drum roll*

Kennywood's Racer! :D *clapping and cheering* lol

I've won some game prizes too. I won a Buneary Pokemon plush at the paper plate game in Six Flags Over Georgia. I knocked over two plates with one ball. How did I do it? I threw the ball, it knocked one plate over. Then it bounced off the back wall and hit a second. Yup. :D

I won the Catrack at Kennywood once too. Got a giant snake plush that I later gave away. I regret it though, I wish I still had it. xP

I won the Guess-Your-Age game in Kennywood a couple times too, cause I look young. XD

I've also won a stuffed Tweety Bird, but I don't remember what game it was. I just know it was also in Kennywood. I've won a thing or two in Idle Wild as well.

Amusement parks and water parks I wish to go to someday? These:

Carowinds and Boomerang Bay - It's just two hours away from me and it's like a mini Disney World! Plus, it has a racer coaster that goes through BOTH Carolinas.

Waldameer and Water World - I found out about this place just recently while on vacation. It's in Erie, PA. And it has a Music Express, Scrambler, AND Tilt-A-Whirl. Hell yes.

Hershey Park - In Hershey, PA. I'm a chocolate lover, nuff said.

California Adventure - Right next to Disneyland, nuff said.

Lastly, anywhere in Disney World that I haven't been to. :P I've also heard of a park called Cedar Point, but haven't looked it up yet. I'll do so eventually. lol

I like roller coasters. But with the exception of hopi hari( the biggest amusement park in Brazil), all the other parks I've been to were kind of crappy =/. I'm going to disney in the end of the year, though, so yey!

There's a quite neat water park next to my city, though, and I've been there many times. It's a really nice place and the water is REALLY hot, which is a bit bad if the weather is hot, but amazing if it's cool.

Edited by Nobody

jesus christ anacybele you're making me jealous. i just want to go to the miami youth fair again like when i was a kid!! D:

Oh lol, sorry. XD I didn't mean to make anyone jealous.

Let's see...

I've been to:

Silver Dollar City

Six Flags St. Louis (I actually went there earlier this week xD)

Worlds of Fun

Celebration City

Big Surf (All of these are in Missouri btw...)

and then all the parks in Disney World minus the water parks.

I'm actually not a big amusement park person... ^-^;

Half of these I just ended up walking around with my dad or something...

I also really enjoy riding carousels! :)

Edited by DancingDanny

I hate both <_<

At any rate I've been to:

Disney something (the one in Orlando)

Dollywood (i dont even remember where this is...)

Six Flags Illinois (literally 15 minutes from my house)

Probably so.e others I'm forgetting

some people get extremely bad headaches when it comes to riding coasters. or, they might just be afraid of them.

and there's always the long lines. long lines are the bane of my existence.

Well, some parks these days, such as the Disney ones, have special passes that let you bypass those lines. They cost a bit of extra money, but it's worth it. My brothers and I were able to get on Big Thunder Mountain practically right away.

And amusement parks have more than just roller coasters. There are more relaxing rides too, like carousels and ferris wheels.

Well, some parks these days, such as the Disney ones, have special passes that let you bypass those lines. They cost a bit of extra money, but it's worth it. My brothers and I were able to get on Big Thunder Mountain practically right away.

And amusement parks have more than just roller coasters. There are more relaxing rides too, like carousels and ferris wheels.

What if everyone start buying those passes?

What if everyone start buying those passes?

Except not everyone does. In fact, there are people that would actually prefer to wait in line sometimes, like me. I actually enjoyed the two-hour line for the Kali River Rapids in the Animal Kingdom. :P

Ooh I've been to the Six Flags in St. Louis as well~ To those who listed that =o Of course Mr. Freeze was my favourite there~ It doesn't last long but it goes faaaaaast though sometimes it's more fun watching it as it goes over my head when I'm going down the walkway and it looks like it's going faster from watching than it feels when I'm actually on x3

I've also been at the Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom that got bought out or whatever in Louisville. I found the Chang enjoyable, it was a stand-up roller coaster! (It actually feels more secure in those harnesses than the roller coasters where you sit with a belt and lap-bar x3) Though I did quite like the Twisted Twins as well!

Long ago, maybe 6-8 years ago and once when I was a baby, I've been to Disney World but I hardly remember anything there at this point! EDIT: Oh no now I remember~ Back then I wasn't into roller coasters, I was too afraaaiiid. But then me and my older brother and younger brother took Space Mountain, not sure what it was!! We didn't know it was an indoor roller coaster~ But I didn't die!!! And it was fun too! Soooo that's one ride I remember enjoying a lot~

I've been to Holiday World in Santa Claus, IN and I quite enjoyed the Voyage =3

And I've been to Kings Island in Mason, Ohio! It's a tough choice between the Diamondback and Firehawk but I think I might say Firehawk!

Edited by Freohr Datia

roller coaster or bust, i always say. which is funny, because i used to be afraid of roller coasters.

Heh, I used to be afraid of them too. XD

But not anymore. I still haven't gotten the courage to go on those big metal ones (like the Phantom's Revenge in Kennywood, for example), but I might soon. I'll never do upside down though. No way. xP

Heh, I used to be afraid of them too. XD

But not anymore. I still haven't gotten the courage to go on those big metal ones (like the Phantom's Revenge in Kennywood, for example), but I might soon. I'll never do upside down though. No way. xP

I think I did an upside down roller coaster at Dorney Park, which went by name of The Talon. But, I'm not sure about that, because I had my eyes closed the whole time.