Awakening WTF Moments

Anacybele

Lastly, Stahl doesn't seem to want to dual strike/guard often at all. And he and Cordelia are MARRIED. Just...what. xP

This happens to me, but with Ricken and Maribelle, even if the probability of Dual Guard/Dual Attack is high :tangerinedry:

The support log can make some WTH moments too, like if you see Laurent's support with his father, and this happens: THIS

Or if Gerome is Morgan's daddy: And Gerome say this line from the generic support

Oh and this risen:

tumblr_mn86lvChdt1rql8cco1_1280.jpg

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How we're told time and again how amazing and smart Phila is, yet...every single time we the player see her, she turns out to be INCREDIBLY BAD AT HER JOB.

...and even gets archer'd to death by teleporting zombies. You're a freaking level 20 Falcon Knight, a class know for being dodgy as all getout - DODGE that shit.

More importantly WHY WERE YOU IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD?? YOU HAD ONE JOB TO DO PHILA, ONE JOB. SAVE THE EXALT. Flavia even made it SUPER EASY by throwing an axe ALL THE WAY UP A CLIFF AND ACTUALLY KILLING A DUDE.

Best Royal Guard? My ass.

How we're told time and again how amazing and smart Phila is, yet...every single time we the player see her, she turns out to be INCREDIBLY BAD AT HER JOB.

...and even gets archer'd to death by teleporting zombies. You're a freaking level 20 Falcon Knight, a class know for being dodgy as all getout - DODGE that shit.

More importantly WHY WERE YOU IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD?? YOU HAD ONE JOB TO DO PHILA, ONE JOB. SAVE THE EXALT. Flavia even made it SUPER EASY by throwing an axe ALL THE WAY UP A CLIFF AND ACTUALLY KILLING A DUDE.

Best Royal Guard? My ass.

More importantly why were Peg Knights even doing anything to get ganked by the Beige Ritter's Return from the Grave?

Where's the Rescue Staff?

Eh, at least Robin makes better plans after that 2 year gap. Flames on the Blue is awesome.

anyone of my characters getting killed by counter ;_; Always wonder how my characters die since my characters are so over lvled and then I remember, oh, right counter... Seriously, playing on hard doesn't really make me check enemy skills at all... need to break this habit when I go into lunatic...

Also another WTF moment, every time I think I'm clear of enemy units, they immediately spawn at the start of enemy phase and always ending up killing one of my weaker units looking at you Gauis >__<

Flames on the Blue.

Did I know what would happen? Yes. Was I completly unprepared for everyone cheerfully padding themselves on the back for the biggest massacre in Fire Emblem history? Fuck, no!

For the record: The so called "Great Purge" from the Loptu Empire killed 100.000 people.

Wallhnarts army was stated to have a million troops. So an invasion force of that army would consist easily of several hundredth thousands. Micaiah's pathetic kill count of 5000 doesn't even compare

And then again when they indirectly confirmed that we were taking no prisoners here and everyone diet pathetically in the burning sea by stating that the fleet was now just the right size for the whole army.

I just couldn't believe how that whole scene went down.

This. Flames on the Blue is the worst thing ever, and I can't ever call My Unit another version of myself, I can't imagine even IMAGINING coming up with such a disgusting, inhuman plan. The cheering when the plan worked is just sick. Nobody calls My Unit out for their massive, horrific massacre. I hate this part of the game, and if I had magic hacking skills, I'd change the scene to something else. Something...NOT horrible.

i'm also disgusted by it because it was a blatant copy of game of thrones. other than that it was a pretty sweet plan tbh

@Sniper: those images are all fantastic

Edited by Phoenix Wright

i'm also disgusted by it because it was a blatant copy of game of thrones. other than that it was a pretty sweet plan tbh

i disagree, regarding the game of thrones thing. there are similarities, in that it was on water and boats were being set on fire, but thats because its, oh i dont know, a VALID, SENSIBLE PLAN for dealing with an invasion force that only has one method of approach (by water).

regarding nobody calling out the avatar on the massacre - that many lives lost would i suppose be considered tragic by a bystander, but you have to remember; the shepherds, even bolstered by the feroxian military, were GROSSLY outnumbered, and EVERY SINGLE ONE of those people you brutally killed would have fed you their sword given the slightest chance. they are indeed that big of assholes. the sword or the knee, et al.

"give us your ships and all of your food and such. oh and let us rape your women for a while too."

"but we dont have any ships bigger than a fishing skiff left, and we need that food in order to maintain our current state of not-dead!"

"fuck you, generic peasant person!" [stabmurder]

yeah, i for one say "fuck you, burn."

Any of the characters saying "its alright" or "I got your back" or any other quotes similar to those and they let the person they're paired with die. Seriously, wheres the back up?

I once had a 99% chance to hit and kill an enemy, but my avatar unit missed and got killed by a 5% chance. RNG I hate you.

i disagree, regarding the game of thrones thing. there are similarities, in that it was on water and boats were being set on fire, but thats because its, oh i dont know, a VALID, SENSIBLE PLAN for dealing with an invasion force that only has one method of approach (by water).

chill out man twas just a joke.

i would've liked to see some sort of "holy shit, avatar, you're kind of a monster" after that happened. hundreds of thousands of people were burning alive at that point, but everyone was pretty happy-go-lucky except for lissa, who showed in her facial expression a little bit of fear.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

regarding nobody calling out the avatar on the massacre - that many lives lost would i suppose be considered tragic by a bystander, but you have to remember; the shepherds, even bolstered by the feroxian military, were GROSSLY outnumbered, and EVERY SINGLE ONE of those people you brutally killed would have fed you their sword given the slightest chance. they are indeed that big of assholes. the sword or the knee, et al.

"give us your ships and all of your food and such. oh and let us rape your women for a while too."

"but we dont have any ships bigger than a fishing skiff left, and we need that food in order to maintain our current state of not-dead!"

It's also based in Real Life, as in this type of plan actually occurred. (Battle of Three rivers).

As far as it goes, welcome to war. I honestly loved Flames on the Blue- as a redemption to the failure in the rescue mission.

The plan was absolutely brilliant, (and it IS pretty much what I would've done, those who wouldn't have: Ask this- how else are you going to defeat that invasion fleet?).

Invasion fleet coming by water? DESTROY THE ENEMY SHIPS. Don't worry about the enemy soldiers if you destroy their transit. Best way to do that is to set them ablaze, as they're wood.

Fire's cruel? Full stop. Anything your army does in battle is pretty cruel. Oh, you better stop using tomes too-- ESPECIALLY Wind, which appears to be pressure waves for the most part. Do you have a clue what those due to people?

It's kill or be killed, and I doubt you're seriously going to be able to take that fleet yourself.

If they let the fleet by-- staying out of the way entirely and counterattacked Valm (Which makes Valm play the defense, and is the best way to handle a war. (The fact that Ylisse tried to play defense instead of invading the hell out of them when Gangrel declared war is why Emm got captured and subsequently wound up dead)) one of two options:

1. The landing force overwhelms Ferox and countless die.

2. The fleet doubles back due to counter-invasion. Now you die when that army that you could've killed at sea hits you from behind.

People saying MU should've been called out for it-- Why? That plan won the battle. There's no legitimate reason to portray MU in any negative light for a victory.

Edited by Airship Canon

People saying MU should've been called out for it-- Why? That plan won the battle. There's no legitimate reason to portray MU in any negative light for a victory.

well, if we're gonna go there, it's very safe to say that a plan that grandiose is certain to fail. this isn't just a fleet we're talking here, right? this is a sizable fraction of valm's army that was supposed to invade. hundreds of thousands strong, i'm assuming. this plan cannot have worked. how densely packed on the ocean were they?

if at any point in one's life a person kills hundreds of thousands of people, i don't really think they deserve praise. victory-schmictory. yes it was necessary, but jesus that doesn't mean we make MU a saint out of it.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

well, if we're gonna go there, it's very safe to say that a plan that grandiose is certain to fail. this isn't just a fleet we're talking here, right? this is a sizable fraction of valm's army that was supposed to invade. hundreds of thousands strong, i'm assuming. this plan cannot have worked. how densely packed on the ocean were they?

if at any point in one's life a person kills hundreds of thousands of people, i don't really think they deserve praise. victory-schmictory. yes it was necessary, but jesus that doesn't mean we make MU a saint out of it.

I respectfully disagree.

In a time of war, killing the enemy prevents your own from incurring deaths, and considering the circumstances it's win, and do so effectively or die.

I'd hail Col. Paul Tibbets. as one of the greatest heroes ever to live, and there is certainly no legitimate reason call him out on what he did.

[FYI: Pilot of the Enola Gay]

Edited by Airship Canon

The Awakening complaints board is here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening

Er, this isn't meant to be a complaints thread..

This happens to me, but with Ricken and Maribelle, even if the probability of Dual Guard/Dual Attack is high :tangerinedry:

The support log can make some WTH moments too, like if you see Laurent's support with his father, and this happens: THIS

Or if Gerome is Morgan's daddy: And Gerome say this line from the generic support

Oh and this risen:

tumblr_mn86lvChdt1rql8cco1_1280.jpg

lol, those sure are wtf moments. XD

Edited by Anacybele

I only remember one. I had a female Morgan taguel, and I had the camera set to auto, so it was doing it's own thing. It scrolled to the very back of Morgan before she transformed, so I got a face full of...uh. Rabbit butt. Yeesh...that sounded worse coming out...

Also had an astra that crit every time. Yen'fay had a tree branch equipped. He beat that poor bandit to death with...with a tree branch...AND HIS EYES SHOWED NO EMOTION. THEY WERE JUST SLITS @_@

I know there wasn't a lot of options, but it doesn't excuse what a horrible plan it was. What made it worse was the bloody cheering and feeling good about the plan. I'd have liked to see the heroes howing remorse and regret at such a inhuman plan. No, instead they're all happy cheering congratulating My Unit. They shouldn't have acted so happy when they just committed massive horrible deaths everywhere. I think it's not right to compare an "ordinary war battle" to setting entre fleet on fire. There's a huge difference, and My Unit's group should have been subdued and quiet, not celebratory.

...Seriously, how was I supposed to know that? xP

Well some will get it :P

Also, I don't think MU could have walked out of chapter 23. Validar is shown to be able to teleport to some extent, and mind control MU. If MU would have been left alone, Grima could have also attacked him.

I know there wasn't a lot of options, but it doesn't excuse what a horrible plan it was. What made it worse was the bloody cheering and feeling good about the plan. I'd have liked to see the heroes howing remorse and regret at such a inhuman plan. No, instead they're all happy cheering congratulating My Unit. They shouldn't have acted so happy when they just committed massive horrible deaths everywhere. I think it's not right to compare an "ordinary war battle" to setting entre fleet on fire. There's a huge difference, and My Unit's group should have been subdued and quiet, not celebratory.

I don't want to feed any flames here but I believe they were more so happy because the plan itself worked not because thousands died.

My moment would have to be....The Volcano stage where you fight Yen'fay. It was my first time on the level final move on a Galeforce Massacre and I didn't know Amatsu was a throwing weapon. The lava hit me the turn before I attacked Yen'fay AND I missed with a 95% and was Astra'd to death...

I also had a moment when doing Inverse's or whatever her English name is paralogue. I had a maxed out Olivia!Great Lord!Lucina with the skills Limit Break, Lethality, Aether, Galeforce and Rightful King. On the enemy phase, she Lethality'd Olivia, initiated a battle against Chrom and critical Lethality'd him. Why.

@Sniper: those images are all fantastic

A lot of things appeared to be lifted from A Song of Ice and Fire, and yes, that appears to be one of them. Very reminiscent of Blackwater. (and if we think back to that, the one who organized that plan certainly didnt get backpatted for it.) Scenes like that are supposed to illustrate the atrocities of war and how low people are willing to sink. This game most certainly failed with that by giving Avatar a round of applause.

Except much of "a song of ice and fire", like any work of epic fiction worth its salt is lifted from what came before including but not limited to REAL LIFE. Battle of three rivers...I KNEW I'd heard a precedent. People need to stop getting hung up on "oh well x did z before y did, so y is a copycat." EVERYTHING has been done before. the important thing is how it effects how it affects the world it takes place in AFTER the fact. originality is combining old things in a new way and perhaps looking at them from a different direction.

And to those who insist their should be remorse shown and that the avatar should be reprimanded for such a horrific plan....i ostand by my statement that the assholes deserve to burn but do offer other arguments.

A) yes these people probably had spouses, parents, childrn. but so too do the ylisseans, the feroxians, and plegians they would GLEFULLY SLAUGHTRR. remember, even under the rule of exalt chrom, ylisse has no standing army, only his vigilante group the shepherds. Plegias army is mostly a formality at this point, having been annihilated by regna ferox and the shepherds, and ferox themselves have suffered more than a few losses. in other words the vast majority of the valmese's victims would be innocent civilians whose only wrongdoing was being born in the wrong country.

Contrast the valmese fleet. assholes. Also not the point. the point is that they are all soldiers. tens of thousands of exquisitely trained soldiers, whose mobile and powerful calvalry would easily outmaneuver and decimate the feroxinans on open land, especiall when dealing with the valmese vangauard of well armed an heavily armored knights. they have more men, better gear, and better training. if not for flames on the blue the entire continent would be utterly FUCKED. and. a soldier you expect at one point that your luck will run out and you die in the line of duty. looooots of unlucky valmese that day.

B) soldiers in a time of war cant afford to consider potential moral implications of emergency tactics, and the valmese fleet was absolutely an emergency situation. you do whatever you have to do to survive, and you shut it away for later. some arent bothered at all, but those that are wait to be bothered, to think about it at all, untill its safe to do so.and your luife is no longer on the line, hence POST traumatic stress. it doesnt show untill after the fact, when you can rely on cognizance over pure instinct.

In the real world, the only people who would give tha avatar shit are idiot civilians who dobt know what their army just went through to keep them safe, and scumbag politians who just want a scapegoat to distract the masses from their own failings.

There were no civilians present for that battle, and the only people of political power were east-khan regnant of regna ferox, west-khan basilio of regna ferox, and exalt chrom (and waifu if not maiden) of the ylissean halidom. in other words, the two rulers of a warrior nation that respects military power and victory over all else, and the avatar' s best bro (or husbando),

I see no issue with the chapter beyond how easily manipulated the ai is for such a brilliantly trained force. CHOKEPOINTS!

Guys, if you want to debate about the Avatar's intelligence or whatever, you should probably take it somewhere else. XP

Edited by Anacybele