• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My bias should have me banned from this poll.

Cordelia is amazing overall in every way. Sure, she has impefec- well characterization issues(Lets call them that) caused by the developers but they make her who she is my wai- err favorite Gen. 1 female. I'll put it out there and say that if the developers hadn't likened her to Catria, there would be no hating her. At all.

I have nothing against Sumia. In fact she Dual-Guarded the crap out of me on the Lunatic version of Chapter 3 but...

I think I managed to keep that pretty short contrary to what I first planned.

That's funny, since Cordelia was laughing at all of the resources that you wasted on a Pegasus Knight that had a RNG-proof drop-in replacement with a better future.

My Sumia ALWAYS gets RNG blessed, without a single exception, and I've played this game over 30 times lol. Supported with Fred she one rounds almost every thing even at base level. I don't think I should fear her being RNG screwed. Also, I don't think two pegasus knights is overkill. I mean, both Sumia and Cordelia turn out great for me, so there's no reason to not use both.

Personally I find it difficult to believe that so many people even used Cordelia, let alone consider her to be superior.

By the time I was in chapter 7, Sumia was laughing at Cordelia's low level butt and lack of supports.

I also prefer Sumia gameplay wise, but Cordelia is perfectly usable when you get her and she grows quite quickly, especially when supported with Stahl.

Edited by Nobody

I got more use out of Cordelia than Sumia, despite her later join time during my first playthrough and I understand that people sometimes don't level Sumia up enough by the time Chapter 7 comes along, so Cordelia would seem like a godsend to those players.

Anyway, I put Sumia down for personality because even though I don't really like her personality, there's still a lot of it there. Her inferiority complex is much more believable than Cordelia's to me. I like Cordelia more in her supports (at times) than I do Sumia overall (barring her talks with Fred), but there's no doubt that Sumia has the better personality, if that makes sense.

Cordelia took overall for me.

I honestly do not know what's going on right now..

I just know Reggie wants his 50 bucks.

Do not question my math major superiority.

I'll put it out there and say that if the developers hadn't likened her to Catria, there would be no hating her. At all.

What does her archetype status have to do with her awful and shallow personality?

My Sumia ALWAYS gets RNG blessed, without a single exception, and I've played this game over 30 times lol. I don't think I should fear her being RNG screwed. Also, I don't think two pegasus knights is overkill. I mean, both Sumia and Cordelia turn out great for me, so there's no reason to not use both.

Exactly. Cordelia's a great Falcon Knight, and Sumia's a great Dark Flier.

I just have extreme bias towards Cordelia, so she is the winner.

Even Sumia's mother would vote for Cordelia. At the time of this post, there are apparently at least nine people who mash the START button during Chapter 7.

Yeah because watching Cordelia whine about she can't bang some tool is so compelling. The survivor's guilt barely comes up.

What does her archetype status have to do with her awful and shallow personality?

How do you consider Sumia less shallow and awful then Cordelia? Comparatively, I mean. I do find that such a perspective hard to imagine.

Edited by BrightBow

I bet 50 bucks that I could mathematically prove to you that Sumia is better than Cordelia personality-wise.

I'll bet you the balance of Sumia's value as a human being -- AKA, nothing -- that you can't.

How does "kicking tons of ass for 5 chapters" translate to "wasting resources"?

Because the kills you fed to the Black Hole of Pies and Idiocy could have gone to someone else. Ergo, you can choose Cordelia as initially 80% of Sumia's prowess, but with 100% of an extra growth unit (Miriel, Stahl, Sully, Vaike, Chrom, whoever you want) that didn't have to fight with dumbshit Sumia for EXP at the trough. And then Cordelia ends up being better in the long run, with more marriage options, and a better daughter.

It's called OPPORTUNITY COST comma son.

can someone please give me an example of cordelia being remotely interesting

And now we're up to twelve people who don't read the story.

I'm not sure why people think Cordelia is better than Sumia in terms of gameplay. Sumia with an A or S Frederick support has much better stats than Cordelia by the time she shows up, and Sumia has many chapters of gameplay over her, which just makes her better.

This isn't even considering efficiency or LTC. Sumia is just better than Cordelia overall every single time.

Cordelia for everything by far. Anyone knows how much I hate Sumia. Cordelia is stronger and easier to train too. I can relate a lot to her too, so I also like her character.

Oh hell... what have I started?

Although... Mind if I take you on in terms of gameplay for Sumia, Interceptor?

Exactly!

It's all your fault!

We could've had a peaceful argument on Shady's thread, but now all of us are stuck here whining and complaining about how one is better than the other!

Edited by Carter