1. 1. Do you like Chrom?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. How good is Chrom?

• The Best!
    • He's okay...
    • Just bad..
    • The Worst Ever!
  3. 3. Do you use Chrom? Besides his mandatory presence.

• Yes
    • No

Actually, the Hit+20 skill from Sniper further reinforces Chrom's greatness as a back-up support bot, since he also has Dual Attack+ and Dual Guard+ and Charm and a weapon that never breaks. It's practically Chrom's destiny to be someone's pair up buddy.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

0/10 unit hate using

forgot to mention this in my initial post.

Chrom is a less perfect version of Ike, but both are equally bland.

PoR Ike saves Ike, kinda. Roids!Ike is as bland as they come. PoR Ike actually had some depth.

Hector is the one that's boring, imo. I didn't see anything special about him. Ike felt like a major improvement over him, imo. All Hector ever seems to be is hot-headed and ignorant of details. I admit he's funny with Lyn though (and I ship them).

wut

He's one of the few lords that feels, and may genuinely be, incompetent for leadership. He has a very complex, very relatable, very real relationship with his brother. His hot-headedness is a personality trait actually found in your average person and it is not taken to comical extremes unlike characters in this series as of late.

He's the only lord that's felt like a real person from beginning to end. Hector, in almost every chapter, shows us his weaknesses and his strengths; Hector shows us his humanity.

PoR Ike was similar in the beginning and at parts scattered throughout the story. RD Ike was non-existent as a person.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

As a character I really like his approachable and observant(cant count how many times he says really? in support conversations) personality. Although he might not be the most developed Lord his conversations were nice to watch especially the relationship with his daughter Lucina. I also liked using Chrom in combat because I think he served as a good introduction for Awakening's pairup feature and he has a decent variety of supports to boot.

Chrom was the best lord ever for 1/3 of the game and then he stopped.

Most of his shortcomings resulted from when he is shoved aside to make way for the Avatar and Valm.

He's still pretty hilarious during the DLC though.

I could be biased since I never really liked any lord other than Ephraim and maybe Micaiah.

I like him as a whole.

He's got a few flaws, some of which are driven home, but at the same time justified. (He's trusting. So...? He knows he's always got a knife at his back. Why? He's a royal. Look at poor Lissa who got a hit put out on her for doing nothing besides being who she is.) He's not a naive as Sigurd though. Not by a long shot.

He's bland... so is every other lord. Except Micaiah- and people call her a sue.

He's got a fair deal of in game worshippers. (So.. He's not Ike, who's epitomizes that.)

A Legion of fangirls want his "falchion". (So... what do fangirls matter?)

As a Unit, he's a Sniper (Hello Longbow) with solid Activations (Hi, Aether/Luna combo) and good STR for leading. He makes for an alright support and hits 100% dual strike.

EDIT: How the hell did I forget to mention my favorite thing about him?

He's the first to point out that MU's stupid plan at the end of the game is stupid. Sure, he may not pull a Lloyd Irving to finally let the player have some choice, but that only makes him "Not as awesome as Lloyd", which hardly implies anything bad.

Edited by Airship Canon

wut

He's one of the few lords that feels, and may genuinely be, incompetent for leadership. He has a very complex, very relatable, very real relationship with his brother. His hot-headedness is a personality trait actually found in your average person and it is not taken to comical extremes unlike characters in this series as of late.

He's the only lord that's felt like a real person from beginning to end. Hector, in almost every chapter, shows us his weaknesses and his strengths; Hector shows us his humanity.

PoR Ike was similar in the beginning and at parts scattered throughout the story. RD Ike was non-existent as a person.

Now it's my turn to say "wut."

How is it shown that Hector has a "real: relationship with his brother? We hardly ever see his brother at all to even get a glimpse of what the relationship is like.

Average person. Exactly. Hector is average. Nothing special. There isn't any thing that really stands out about him except for using axes instead of swords and having a different fighting style from most lords. And even then, Hector still gains swords upon promotion.

Ike didn't need to be so deep and stuff in RD. He already had his development and depth in PoR. RD just has Ike as a main character again to show us how he's different from said development, that he's grown stronger as a warrior still (in more ways than one. Those muscles!). Now if PoR didn't exist, I'd agree that Ike is rather lackluster (despite being hot and having awesome skills, and having more funny comments, imo). But it does, so your logic fails.

Edited by Anacybele

SUGITAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Screw character development, screw his flaws.

HE IS VOICED BY *FREAKING* SUGITA.

I like your logic. Also like that the english VA voices Walter-bro in SMTIV. :D

Also better than Ike. Fuck the haters.

Edited by NoNameAtAll

1. Of course I do, he's my Avatar's husband. Although I don't really have a favorite Lord since I like all of them.

2. He's one half of the destruction duo team that is him and my Avatar, so yes, he's awesome!

3. Hell yeah! XD

Eh I like him, but I don't worship him or even think of marrying my Avatar to him (well, only for the support log), I just think he is ok, and I only use him because I don't know who other character to use, still I prefer to use other characters (aka Gerome, Lucina, Gaius, Severa and Inigo)

On my first playthrough, I only married had the avatar marry Chrom, because..

Just because.

Edited by Carter

How is it shown that Hector has a "real: relationship with his brother? We hardly ever see his brother at all to even get a glimpse of what the relationship is like.

Characters don't need to be ever-present in order to grasp how they behave with those around them. Immediately we get the feeling that Lord Uther is a fair, firm, able ruler. Hector is the hot-headed younger brother that, to me, clearly feels the pressure of needing to be on par with such a powerful man. This might be because I am both a younger and an older brother, but I was able to infer and imagine quite a bit what their relationship was like.

Minor characters with extremely likable personalities or who are developed well can be just as powerful emotionally for the player as the main protagonist. Ostia, in my opinion, is one of the most fleshed out countries in the FE universe. It holds most of my favorite characters because of this. Matthew, man. Come on. Leila? Amazing. And she's almost never seen.

I'm also pretty hopeful that with Gringe's upcoming translation update, Lilina will be very likable.

Average person. Exactly. Hector is average. Nothing special. There isn't any thing that really stands out about him except for using axes instead of swords and having a different fighting style from most lords. And even then, Hector still gains swords upon promotion.

Now this is an interesting opinion. There's no use debating this with you if you and I disagree fundamentally on what a character in a leadership position should be like.

I don't like putting lead characters or protagonists on pedestals. I'm sure you're well aware that many of the great people in history have flaws in their character. Many of our Founding Fathers were racist, for example. Martin Luther King, Jr. had an affair and plagiarized many writings.

Why put our protagonists on a pedestal that is not deserved or necessary? They're human just like us. It's poor character design in my eyes when designers attempt to shy away from that. Kratos, for example, is so comically anti-hero in the God of War series that I'd be surprised to meet anyone that likes him besides the fact that he's a total badass.

Ike didn't need to be so deep and stuff in RD. He already had his development and depth in PoR. RD just has Ike as a main character again to show us how he's different from said development, that he's grown stronger as a warrior still (in more ways than one. Those muscles!). Now if PoR didn't exist, I'd agree that Ike is rather lackluster (despite being hot and having awesome skills, and having more funny comments, imo). But it does, so your logic fails.

Okay, really consider what's being said here. How old was Ike in PoR? Like 15 or something? 17? 18? Which makes him a young adult in RD no matter how you look at it. Were you the same person you were at 17 compared to when you were 20? Ike is still a growing boy; he is no matured old man. It absolutely baffles me that you'd assume he no longer needs development as a character just because he grew a little, little bit in Path of Radiance.

Characters don't need to be ever-present in order to grasp how they behave with those around them. Immediately we get the feeling that Lord Uther is a fair, firm, able ruler. Hector is the hot-headed younger brother that, to me, clearly feels the pressure of needing to be on par with such a powerful man. This might be because I am both a younger and an older brother, but I was able to infer and imagine quite a bit what their relationship was like.

Minor characters with extremely likable personalities or who are developed well can be just as powerful emotionally for the player as the main protagonist. Ostia, in my opinion, is one of the most fleshed out countries in the FE universe. It holds most of my favorite characters because of this. Matthew, man. Come on. Leila? Amazing. And she's almost never seen.

I'm also pretty hopeful that with Gringe's upcoming translation update, Lilina will be very likable.

Now this is an interesting opinion. There's no use debating this with you if you and I disagree fundamentally on what a character in a leadership position should be like.

I don't like putting lead characters or protagonists on pedestals. I'm sure you're well aware that many of the great people in history have flaws in their character. Many of our Founding Fathers were racist, for example. Martin Luther King, Jr. had an affair and plagiarized many writings.

Why put our protagonists on a pedestal that is not deserved or necessary? They're human just like us. It's poor character design in my eyes when designers attempt to shy away from that. Kratos, for example, is so comically anti-hero in the God of War series that I'd be surprised to meet anyone that likes him besides the fact that he's a total badass.

Okay, really consider what's being said here. How old was Ike in PoR? Like 15 or something? 17? 18? Which makes him a young adult in RD no matter how you look at it. Were you the same person you were at 17 compared to when you were 20? Ike is still a growing boy; he is no matured old man. It absolutely baffles me that you'd assume he no longer needs development as a character just because he grew a little, little bit in Path of Radiance.

I'll give you that Leila was awesome, but I guess that since I'm not a brother or even a boy, I'm just incapable of seeing if a brotherly relationship is good or not. :/ (which means I must have done horribly with the two sets of brothers in my fic)

Uh, where did the "protagonists on pedestals" thing come from? I never said anything about whether Hector had flaws or not.

Ike is most likely 17-18 in PoR and 20 or so in RD. 20 makes him a man. In RD, he's shown to have matured a great deal since PoR, having gone from boy to man. I never said Ike got decades of maturity. Geez. And Ike got more development than that. He somewhat changes his views on nobles, his fighting skills improve by a lot, he gains some maturity, he becomes a better leader, etc.

Edited by Anacybele

The fact that Hector seems closer to an average person for a very highborn noble like him is.. actually very far from average. Him being closer to the average person, in his situation, actually makes him weird.

Ike is most likely 17-18 in PoR and 20 or so in RD. 20 makes him a man. In RD, he's shown to have matured a great deal since PoR, having gone from boy to man. I never said Ike got decades of maturity. Geez.

He already had his development and depth in PoR.

You implied he didn't need more development.

What do you think sets Ike apart from the rest? Something that Hector simply lacks?

Well, I don't think he's a man just because he hit 20, but that's besides the point. Why does his newfound maturity = no need to mature further?

Ike is most likely 17-18 in PoR and 20 or so in RD. 20 makes him a man. In RD, he's shown to have matured a great deal since PoR, having gone from boy to man. I never said Ike got decades of maturity. Geez. And Ike got more development than that. He somewhat changes his views on nobles, his fighting skills improve by a lot, he gains some maturity, he becomes a better leader, etc.

Not going to get involved in this discussion, but 20 is hardly a "man". I mean, yeah, I'm sure things are different on Tellius than they are on Earth, but I'd hardly say that by the time you're 20 years old, even if you've been through what Ike has, suddenly you're all mature and have gone through "all your development".

There are people on this forum who are in their late twenties and the only thing "mature" about them is their biological age.

Edited by Sangyul

Not going to get involved in this discussion, but 20 is hardly a "man". I mean, yeah, I'm sure things are different on Tellius than they are on Earth, but I'd hardly say that by the time you're 20 years old, even if you've been through what Ike has, suddenly you're all mature and have gone through "all your development".

There are people on this forum who are in their late twenties and the only thing "mature" about them is their biological age.

By replying, you technically DID get into the discussion, you know.

By replying, you technically DID get into the discussion, you know.

And by replying to me, you continued said discussion. If I say my piece and leave, with no one bothering to reply to me, said discussion would have ended. My argument has nothing to do with Ike. It has everything to do with you saying that "20 is a man." If turning 20 magically made boys into men and girls into women, I'm sure both you and I and many other people on this thread would all be self-sufficient enough to live on or own and stand on our own to feet for everything. Alas, we're not.

To make an on-topic comment, though, I don't have a reason to dislike Chrom. He has a pretty glaring flaw that made him not as likable for me as he would be without it (a flaw that a lot of people seem to not agree with me on), but I don't actively hate him or anything. He's merely okay.

Actually, I didn't, because I didn't say anything related to the discussion. But whatever, this is just getting ridiculous. But I'll say one thing before I'm officially through with this thread. I'm 22 and I consider myself a woman. Hell, I considered myself a woman when I turned 18. That is all, good bye.

Yeah I like Chrom,I married him on my first play through, But I also like most characters, I dont generally dislike anyone unless they get on my nerves a lot throughout the game & even then it has to be something major for me to not like them.