Convince me to dislike archers/snipers.

ZemZem

Midir ORKOes enemies with 2 Charge procs in 0% growths 10/10.

Oh...you mean dismounted archers...

Briggid beats everyone in stats forever and ORKOes liek everything in 0% growths 10/10?

The worst in history.

Kein and Alva would definitely be better if they came earlier on instead of around the time midgame began. Or at least they could've had better stats than they came with. That's why Kieran's bro in FE9.

Kein and Alva would definitely be better if they came earlier on instead of around the time midgame began. Or at least they could've had better stats than they came with. That's why Kieran's bro in FE9.

Lacks of skills and a low PCC didn't really help them. Look at Carrion in comparasion : he's only in a slightly better starting position but at least his 4 PCC can be good for both short and long term use.

Plus there's him being a Social Knight instead too so he's not completely useless indoors.

Edited by Woodshooter

They're bro because they get MOUNTS.

Also, DAT RANGE.

Lacks of skills and a low PCC didn't really help them. Look at Carrion in comparasion : he's only in a slightly better starting position but at least his 4 PCC can be good for both short and long term use.

Plus there's him being a Social Knight instead too so he's not completely useless indoors.

And he also gets the Elite Sword, which is pretty nice to have, so he has a reason to do something. Kein and Alva are just...there.

I don't feel like Kein and Alva are really a red/green cav duo. I mean, up to that point Cain/Abel and Alec/Noish were the only clear cav duos. It wasn't until Kaga left that we got them pretty regularly. I mean, they even turned the FE3 cav trio into a clear duo plus a random chick who just so happens to also ride a horse in FE12.

Edited for English.

Edited by Rewjeo

They're much worse in FE (where they're roughly OK) than they were in real life prehistoric, classical and medieval warfare (where if you didn't have a shitload of them in your army, you would die and be remembered as an idiot)

And he also gets the Elite Sword, which is pretty nice to have, so he has a reason to do something. Kein and Alva are just...there.

To be fair, you could use either dismounted with the Elite Sword and leave them between two units in 11x and take 30xp each time they dodge something at least.

I'd rather leave my Elite Sword in the hands of Nanna or Rivis at that point. Abusing the skill without actually using the sword in a fight.

I don't feel like Kein and Alva are really a red/green cav duo. I mean, up to that point Cain/Abel and Alec/Noish were the only clear cav duos. It wasn't until Kaga left that we got them pretty regularly. I mean, they even turned the FE3 cav trio into a clear duo plus a random chick who just so happens to also ride a horse in FE12.

It's still there, but they just made it less important. Kaga did create a new Cavalier duo in TearRing Saga and again in Berwick Saga after FE5.

I'm not exactly sure what to think of the remakes though.

True. And their SPD caps are among the highest.

But their SPD bases and growths...geez. IS be trolling.

FE4 probably did it best because they copied Swordfighter > Forrest for Bowfighter > Sniper.

Edited by Woodshooter

Archers would be better off with these at least:

1. More movement than most other units who aren't mounted. Either that or canto.

2. More base strength.

3. Maybe 2-3 range by default.

4. Get more exp. from attacking and killing enemies than various other units.