Do you like kefir?

Nicolas

19 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like kefir?

• Yes, I love it!
    • No, It is awful.
    • No, but it's really healthy, so I drink it.
    • WTF is kefir?

This is the first I can remember hearing of it by name, though I think I've seen it around, maybe ingested a bit by accident. Not the most pleasant stuff, though it does sound healthy.

(I think I assumed I had ingested mold of some kind at the time <_> )

Edited by Rehab

There are words derived from kefir in Turkish that are connected to mould, so you might not have been quite as off-the-mark as you may think.

I haven't ever had kefir, to be precise, but I have had doogh, which is a cousin of kefir, to be certain. Sounds like I'd love kefir, honestly. I really love dairy products that have fermented a lot, like this one yoghurt I had once. It was so far in fermentation that it made NOISE like it was ALIVE and TALKING.

Edited by Nightmare

I haven't...

There are words derived from kefir in Turkish that are connected to mould, so you might not have been quite as off-the-mark as you may think.

I haven't ever had kefir, to be precise, but I have had doogh, which is a cousin of kefir, to be certain. Sounds like I'd love kefir, honestly. I really love dairy products that have fermented a lot, like this one yoghurt I had once. It was so far in fermentation that it made NOISE like it was ALIVE and TALKING.

Holy shit, Nightmare, you ate the first sentient dairy product! That's years of wonderful scientific research down the tubes...

What's it like?

I was hoping somebody with a more experienced + less prickly palate would respond, but somewhere in between cheese and milk. and bacteria *slaps own head* quiet, asshole

It had kind of a claylike texture to it, I think I mistook it for a really really fluffy bit of artichoke.

I'm also no longer entirely sure what I ate was kefir, though, because what I ate was a solid (in the same sense that rice paste is a solid, anyway), and wikipedia seems to lean more towards describing it like a drink.

Edited by Rehab