What the hell? Major SSB sites attacked

Knife

you can try playing smash against...

...COMPUTERS!! 8O

While the Brawl multiplayer AI does have an interesting, slightly frightening habit of "learning" patterns from (offline only, unfortunately) versus matches between human players, I'm afraid that option is still so pitiful in comparison, in the cases of people who've actually been playing this game in a remotely serious fashion for potentially five years, that posing it doesn't really have the sarcastic bite you seem to be looking for

Not to say these places aren't generally wretched hives of scum and villainy, but they're hives of scum and villainy that have a niche to fill

Edited by Rehab

This stinks. They've been down for few days now. And the question everyone has been asking: Why?

Edited by Comet

This is bullcrap. What did these Smash Bros. sites ever do to other people? If they're butthurt at any news Sakurai has given on the upcoming games, that's not the fault of these websites (it's not an invitation to go attacking Sakurai himself either though. Not to mention that he needs shit like that even less than these sites).

I no longer visit Smashboards, but now I'm afraid for the official site. :(

What did these Smash Bros. sites ever do to other people?

Plenty of people with victim complexes accusing them of being elitist assholes. Which is a shame, since I've met a fair few smashboards people that are pretty nice.

Plenty of people with victim complexes accusing them of being elitist assholes. Which is a shame, since I've met a fair few smashboards people that are pretty nice.

Smashboards does have quite a few nice people. I've been on there the past few months and met some really great people

Smashboards does have quite a few nice people. I've been on there the past few months and met some really great people

The few and far between ACTUAL elitists are who people remember the most, sadly.

It's just like any other community. Smash just happens to be one of the bigger ones.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Well, if I had to point at a reason, the fact that Project M is a target has me thinking it might have something to do with Brawl hacking. It's either that, or just somebody doing it for the lulz.

The same thing happened to the majority of high traffic Pokemon sites like Serebii, Smogon, and Bulbapedia. People who hack sites are often just doing it because they are bored and love making other people suffer because they are the scum of the earth. Hopefully these sites are able to get back up and running soon.

smashboards has a temporary landing page set up. the forums are still down and everything. no updates, but its progress.

Woot! Progress, better then nothing at all.

SmashBoards was up a few times, but never longer than like... an hour or so.

Funny thing, most of the people actually HATE Fire Emblem character discussion over there due to the enormous disagreements everywhere. Even though it's obvious the site has many Fire Emblem fans.

Ah well.

I just want Ike to stay personally.

SmashBoards was up a few times, but never longer than like... an hour or so.

Funny thing, most of the people actually HATE Fire Emblem character discussion over there due to the enormous disagreements everywhere. Even though it's obvious the site has many Fire Emblem fans.

Ah well.

I just want Ike to stay personally.

Yeah I was there for alot of that haha. I thought it cooled down though, it was more Pokemon discussion before it went down lol.

I also want Ike to stay

Edited by Folgore Red II