Dumbest things you've seen in any FE Game

VGE

FIXED

It's not a glitch, the devil axe always makes the user lose HP when they attack. Even if they're attacking a tree or a wall

It's not, if your luck is too low, Devil Axes can hurt you no matter what you attack.

next FE should have devil heal staves

That is absolutely sadistic, IS.

And THAT, David is even worse.

... And yet I am strangely okay with this. Double-edged weapons, whee~

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would probably kill myself attempting that...why aren't you working for Nintendo, David?

They rejected my ideas...

Imagine him working for Altus.

He'd save Atlus from bankruptcy and SMT vs FE would be at a ridiculously difficult level that no sane person would ever attempt...I approve.

I appreciate the support.

On topic, aside from the stupidest twist ever I mentioned before, FE13 having no (online)VS mode makes me confused and disappointed.

Hint: equip a Devil Axe on a low-health axe-wielder and attack a wall. By sheer chance, the Devil Axe will drain the rest of your HP. It also works on trees. Plus some of the death quotes can be pretty hilarious.

Amelia: "I did good, didn't I?" Something like that.

Jake with Arrowspate in his joining chapter is annoying when trying to recruit with Ceada.

Cain and Abel not getting support conversations in FE12

Amelia: "I did good, didn't I?" Something like that.

Jake with Arrowspate in his joining chapter is annoying when trying to recruit with Ceada.

I saw a video on youtube with a montage of characters getting killed by walls, but I forgot the name of it.

Cain and Abel not getting support conversations in FE12

I saw a video on youtube with a montage of characters getting killed by walls, but I forgot the name of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR5AS8-rukc

This one?

LOL at Dozla. "I couldn't have asked for a better ending", while being killed by a wall!

Nevermind about the devil axe... For some reason, I thought it worked like the pokemon moves where you always lose some HP, like take down or double edge.

Edited by Nobody

Not gameplay or story related, but the female mage/Linde's battle animation in FE1 and 3. Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly, since it's been years since I played those games and I can't find the animation online, but it sure looked like someone got the bright idea to animate a wardrobe malfunction and nobody questioned it.

Also, small items such as vulneraries, rings, scrolls, gems, etc. taking up item slots. So, 5 door keys apparently take up the same amount of space as, say, 5 axes or something.

FE13's plot.

Go home everyone. You can't get top that.

Nope, nothing in FE13 is as stupid as the FE2 twist I mentioned.

Nothing

My top three "WTF FE13?!" moments:

1. End of Chapter 14

2. Avatar Sacrifice ending

3. After defeating Validar's first form in Chapter 23

What. The. Fuck.

@bolded:

Especially that one, just, really?

Mostly story related. I'm being broad here but...

Basilio Ex Machina along with just about anything contrived and silly in FE13.

Most enemy recruitment in any FE game. "I'll gladly allow you into our ranks, apparent good-natured person!"

Ephraim recruiting Amelia. "Grado's using child soldiers? That's horrible."

Ephraim recruiting Amelia. "Grado's using child soldiers? That's horrible."

This is the best thing ever.

Dumbest thing I've seen is an entire Plegian military concerned over the death of the enemies leader.

FE1:

Matthis killing Lena

FE2:

Clerbe: Oh, a kid with no experience. Wanna become our leader?

FE3:

You know Matthis, even if you have to try to kill your sister, could you at least not belittle the guy who actually protects her.

FE4:

Manfroy using Julia against Celice instead of killing her.

20 years, buddy... You almost made it and then this.

FE5:

Wiseman: Hey, Reidrick. We have caught those 2 girls we can take as hostages against that powerful swordwoman.

Reidrick: Awesome. I take them with me. You take care of the situation here. Bye.

And of course, Leaf only finds out after the fight that the girls were kidnapped and that he better not dare to resist.

Good job getting your men pointlessly killed, Reidrick.

FE6:

Okay, how hard can it be to kill an imprisoned and unarmed mage girl?

FE7:

Lyn defeating Lundgren.

Since the script specifically clarifies that the people are not rebelling and that the other duchies won't get involved, it means that Lyn literally took over an entire country with the few people she meet on her way.

FE8:

Eirka/Ephrahim loosing a Sacred Stone because they chased after Lyon by themselves.

FE9:

What better way to get new recruits but to raid an enemy prison camp?

Of course, that attack is the stated reason the Daein are pursuing the group in chapter 11. Nice idea, Ranulf.

FE10:

The Black Knight revealing that he got himself be stabbed and let a castle drop on his head on purpose.

Which was apparently a better way to avoid a fight then just teleporting away.

FE11:

The game embarrassingly trying to push the idea that the guy who murdered his father and sold out his sisters is totally a good guy who was just misguided.

FE12:

There are so many problems with making a bunch of new inexperienced recruits part of your personal guard. Katarina only demonstrated one of them.

FE13:

Avatar tricking Jafar in chapter 23, using a plan that Red Mage would have praised her for.

Tear Ring Saga:

Eugen: Axe Fighter? ehh..

Cavalier with Elite?.. I can't see what good that would do.

High level Sage and the only character with both staffs and offensive magic? Pretty neat.

ZOMG! What is this!? A shitty low level archer! Lord Runan, that's just what we need!

Edited by BrightBow

FE1: Lets make a map full of cavalier.

Then give the Lord a cheap exclusive weapon that murders them!

And also, give the Lord the "Provoke" despite the fact that skill dun exist yet.... except for Marth!

Nice Idea IS.

FE4:

- The less said about Quan's downright spiral to his death, the better

- Part 2 being basically Leif Story is amusing

FE5:

- Our Moral Center is a Torture Priest

- I AM THE FUTURE KING AND I DON'T KNOW MY LAND IS POOR AND UNDERDEVELOPED BECAUSE I DON'T FACE HUNGER AT ALL!

FE4 and FE5:

- The way that Trabant played around the entire cast is amusing

FE6:

- Game: OMG MASTER ROY YOU ARE SO AMAZING YOU ARE A GOOD TACTICIAN YOU ARE CLEVER AND YOU ARE WISE. ROY IS OUR BOSS

Real World: FUCK ROY WHY DO YOU SUCK SO MUCH