The Outrealms is one big Deus EX Machina.

IceBrand

It's a place that has no origins and allows you to travel anywhere at any time. Low on funds? The Golden Gaffe is there. Need some EXP? Exponential growth at your service. Need some legendary weapons of lore? Infinite Regalia is always waiting. Need a white haired Swordsmen travelling to your world? Yen'Fay yours man.

Well, I am definitely glad that the practice to sell cheat codes separately from the main game finally finds some acceptance.

I think back when Capcom started it with Death Rising, people were bitching and whining about paying extra for stuff that costs nothing to make and always used to be free with the game, was ripping of costumers.

And stuff like IS making Reeking Boxes more expensive then the money you gain from it, so you can only get a few bucks a day from the two encounters happening each day, totally doesn't show that companies make 40€ games deliberately annoying and tedious just so you have little choice but to buy it if you want to enjoy the oh so awesome post game and send any teams worth mentioning over Street Pass.

Edited by BrightBow

Well, I am definitely glad that the practice to sell cheat codes separately from the main game finally finds some acceptance.

I think back when Capcom started it with Death Rising, people were bitching and whining about paying extra for stuff that costs nothing to make and always used to be free with the game, was ripping of costumers.

And stuff like IS making Reeking Boxes more expensive then the money you gain from it, so you can only get a few bucks a day from the two encounters happening each day, totally doesn't show that companies make 40€ games deliberately annoying and tedious just so you have little choice but to buy it if you want to enjoy the oh so awesome post game and send any teams worth mentioning over Street Pass.

my god you're so bitter. Which fire emblem game has the features awakening's DLC has?

BTW, you're one of the few people I've ever seen who find awakening tedious, so it's not like it's a tedious game.

Edited by Nobody

my god you're so bitter. Which fire emblem game has the features awakening's DLC has?

BTW, you're one of the few people I've ever seen who find awakening tedious, so it's not like it's a tedious game.

You mean infinite money and infinite exp? ...all Fire Emblem games with a world map? Both Gaiden and Scared Stones?

Gaiden had no money, so you never had to farm for that in the first place. And for everything else, you could visit monster encounters anytime and as often as you liked.

Sacred Stones was messier since they didn't have guaranteed gold drops while actually having gold. So you could easily loose money when going into random encounters.

But you could plan ahead to get good treasure and reset encounters by entering and escaping them. And you were always guaranteed to get valuable treasure from the upper floors of the Tower of Valni, which was always available and straightforward.

I mean, it still sucks but at least that game wasn't arrogant enough to demand real cash for fake cash.

Edit:

Btw, Tear Ring Saga even allowed you to visit Arena's during monster encounters taking places in a city. And you could barely walk five tiles before the next zombie dragon would show up at that town.

No money and exp issues there either. It's really just Awakening that goes "All the Bravest" on the people who already handed over 40€ for it.

Edited by BrightBow

Well, the post game itself only exists because of the DLC, so I don't see why needing to buy the DLC in order to grind for it is a problem; also, it's possible to grind using the spotpass characters without any problem.

But I don't see any problem with DLC at all, even most of the capcom ones. For me, as long as the original game is complete, they can do as much DLC as they want. And going from the general reception, awakening is a complete game, and a pretty great one.

you can dislike it as much as you want, but it's definitely not a bad game, since the absolute majority find it a good game. I hate WW, but I have to recognize it's a good game, because most people like it.

Edited by Nobody

Well, the post game itself only exists because of the DLC, so I don't see why needing to buy the DLC in order to grind for it is a problem; also, it's possible to grind using the spotpass character without any problem.

But I don't see any problem with DLC at all, even most of the capcom ones. For me, as long as the original game is complete, they can do as much DLC as they want. And going from the general reception, awakening is a complete game, and a pretty great one.

There is nothing that indicates that the post-game is DLC land. Besides the difficulties you eventually run in if you keep doing stuff there.

And why should one assume that, given the existence of Creature Campagin in Sacred Stones, which even required an Epilogue file to start?

It's the same thing as Awakening, just without the need to hand over real cash or having to wait for an entire day to earn a few bucks. There are even bonus characters to unlock, now that I think of it.

And Spotpass teams have no money.You are only getting two weapons or objects that are deliberately made to sell for even less what they are actually worth. (1/4 instead of 1/2 according to the site.)

And unlike Sacred Stones, you cannot grab the good stuff and retreat to prevent you from using up your valuable weapons on grunts.

Edited by BrightBow

FWIW, On Hard I could actually come out on top on boxes.

But seriously, people are way to quick to cry and bitch about DLC.

DLC is fine. Just because EA abuses it people wont stop bitching when it comes up. Fire Emblem is a perfect example of the right way to do DLC

*Future of Despair

Awakening isn't X-Men... or is it?

Future Past is the U.S. name.

And I've already compared Lucina to Kitty Pryde. Owain as wolverine. Someone really needs to draw a homage to that classic X-Men 141 cover.

I don't have a problem with DLC, although I think the difficulty spike with Lunatic and Lunatic plus encourages buying DLC. I only have bought the packages I'm interested.

And Deus Ex Machina refers more to fictional storytelling elements, so DLC really isn't Deus Ex Machina. There is actually some Deus Ex Machina arguably in the story, but its not DLC.

Future Past is the U.S. name.

He's aware. He's also well known to dislike the localization version.

Not sure I'd call the Outrealm deus ex machina as you can not deal with it at all and still play the story with little to no difficulties. ...Well, except in lunatic mode, but I'm sure people have come up with lovely strategies for that.

He's aware. He's also well known to dislike the localization version.

Elitiiismmmm! \(^0^)/

But in all seriousness, even though I dislike points about it, does not mean I cannot appreciate the phenomenal job they did overall.

Elitiiismmmm! \(^0^)/

But in all seriousness, even though I dislike points about it, does not mean I cannot appreciate the phenomenal job they did overall.

...Localization name. I meant that you were known for disliking the localized name for that DLC series! >< ack, mistyped!

Definitely not stating fact because deus ex machina is a plot device.

:):

I'm not really complaining about DLC, i'm stating that every and all problems can be solved with the outrealms.

But...Deus Ex Machina is a plot device, not a game mechanic. And the best part of the DLC is that its optional. Theres actually players who've either never bought any or simply dont use it to grind.

:):

But...Deus Ex Machina is a plot device, not a game mechanic. And the best part of the DLC is that its optional. Theres actually players who've either never bought any or simply dont use it to grind.

One of them would be me. I have absolutely no credit on my 3DS.

I know DLC is completely optional, but having that when people already paid full price for the game just rubs me the wrong way.

Aside from The Future Past (which is quite honestly tenfold the actual game's plot), Awakening's DLC is pretty mediocre. They all use the same "fight these same legendary heroes over and over again to win free shit and levels" gimmick.

But seriously, The Future Past is the only good DLC of Awakening. I cry everytime I beat The Future Past 3. God dammit, IS, why isn't The Future Past the actual story!?