Sony Announces New PS Vita Model, PS Vita PCH-2000.

Fruity Insanity

>OLED screen is replaced with LCD screen.

>20% thinner and 15% lighter than original.

>Cheaper than the first model.

>Standard USB port for charging.

>1 GB of built-in storage.

>Better battery (by one hour).

>New color options.

Still uses proprietary SD card, although Sony has announced a 64 gig SD card along with PS Vita TV.

Oh, and cool bundles.

Discuss.

Links:

IGN,

Anandtech,

Other. YouTube. Videos.

I don't know whether to buy the new one or the old one. Both look good. (New because better battery and lighter, but old because OLED screen and better colors... that is, red.)

Gotta buy one for Tits SC, y'know, not to mention FC, Zero no Kiseki EVOLUTION, Sen no Kiseki, and Ao no Kiseki EVOLUTION, which means all the Kiseki games are on the Vita except for The 3rd which will hopefully come out in English because all of us who are fans will buy both on Steam and both on the Vita; and those who don't have a Vita will blow money on one just to buy MOAR TITS! :P

Edited by Fruit Ninja

Sounds more appealing now, but still on the fence.

I'm mainly waiting for more games that interest me. At the moment I'm drowning in 3DS games past, present and future.

Sen no Kiseki looks awesome, but Falcom wisely put it on the PS3 too : P

Edited by VincentASM

Sen no Kiseki looks awesome, but Falcom wisely put it on the PS3 too : P

Yeah, but because of I have neither at the moment...

If I wasn't going to college, I'd pick the PS3 in the blink of an eye.

But who knows whether I'll have a TV or not... not to mention the portability of handheld consoles.

So I'm sort of on the edge about it.

But dat Tits in English~

Edited by Fruit Ninja

>expensive

After the price drop, it's no more expensive than an XL.

Same price, better quality, IMO.

And while it game library isn't nearly as expansive as Nintendo's, it's choice of games isn't too bad. And there are a few games to look forward to on the JPRG front.

But no, Killzone doesn't justify its purchase for a shooter fan. And proprietary memory cards sucks, yeah.

I'm seriously considering getting a Vita just because it was confirmed that you can play PS4 games anywhere through it, and I know I'll probably get one of those. My main problem with console gaming is that I need to be at home/in the living room to play them, the PS4/Vita connectivity is appealing to me in that way.

I'm seriously considering getting a Vita just because it was confirmed that you can play PS4 games anywhere through it, and I know I'll probably get one of those. My main problem with console gaming is that I need to be at home/in the living room to play them, the PS4/Vita connectivity is appealing to me in that way.

Well, I think I read somewhere that Sony was thinking about making a PS4/Vita bundle, so there's that...

EDIT: Never mind, I mis-read that. They're not making a bundle. Darn it.

Edited by Fruit Ninja

After the price drop, it's no more expensive than an XL.

Same price, better quality, IMO.

oh yeah, 3DS/XL are also too much imo. i am a fool for purchasing one on launch day. a total fool. i get nothing out of the ambassador program. :/ i'm actually pretty bitter about it. also, i forgot about the price drop. so, it's more forgivable.

judging from the previous generation, which seems to be in the process of repeating itself, the vita's library will stay mediocre overall and the 3DS will have a great library.

bravely default > any JRPG coming out on the vita i feel, plus super mario RPG is already out.

further, vita games cost more. too much going against what could be a fantastic handheld. adam sessler had an interesting point concerning the vita's catch-22, wherein it can't have a vast gaming library until it has more fans, but it can't have more fans until it has a better library. i don't think that problem will be solved this generation, but i think the problem can be solved. perhaps the PS4/Vita features will be the catalyst the vita needs to get it going, but my gut feeling is to doubt that. if i'm wrong, then that means i need to save up some cash to get a vita.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

oh yeah, 3DS/XL are also too much imo. i am a fool for purchasing one on launch day. a total fool. i get nothing out of the ambassador program. :/ i'm actually pretty bitter about it. also, i forgot about the price drop. so, it's more forgivable.

judging from the previous generation, which seems to be in the process of repeating itself, the vita's library will stay mediocre overall and the 3DS will have a great library.

bravely default > any JRPG coming out on the vita i feel, plus super mario RPG is already out.

further, vita games cost more. too much going against what could be a fantastic handheld. adam sessler had an interesting point concerning the vita's catch-22, wherein it can't have a vast gaming library until it has more fans, but it can't have more fans until it has a better library. i don't think that problem will be solved this generation, but i think the problem can be solved. perhaps the PS4/Vita features will be the catalyst the vita needs to get it going, but my gut feeling is to doubt that. if i'm wrong, then that means i need to save up some cash to get a vita.

Mediocrity is good enough for me, really~

And ooooh, yeah, I'm so looking forward to Bravely Default. Good thing it's based off of For the Sequel.

But I'm wondering if it'll beat TitS... because TitS is good. Really good.

I haven't bought Dream Team yet, but from the looks of it, it'll be like Bowser's Inside Story or something. In which case, I'm not missing out on too much. Superstar Saga was, no, is the best Mario & Luigi game. Story-wise and gameplay-wise. I miss those Bros. moves.

And, uh, Vita games are graphically more detailed yet the same price as Nintendo games... $40...

I haven't bought Dream Team yet, but from the looks of it, it'll be like Bowser's Inside Story or something. In which case, I'm not missing out on too much. Superstar Saga was, no, is the best Mario & Luigi game. Story-wise and gameplay-wise. I miss those Bros. moves.

And, uh, Vita games are graphically more detailed yet the same price as Nintendo games... $40...

there's a demo available if you wanna try it. i haven't bought it yet either. and yep, SS is the best, no doubt about it, but i also found every title after to be a ton of fun. a nice analogy is the golden sun series. the first is the best, but every game after it is totally worth a purchase.

...? what the heck? why did i think they were $50? :(

it's pretty clear to me now that i rejected the vita without giving it a second thought. brb doing more research so i don't sound like more of a nintendo handheld fanboy.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

there's a demo available if you wanna try it. i haven't bought it yet either. and yep, SS is the best, no doubt about it, but i also found every title after to be a ton of fun. a nice analogy is the golden sun series. the first is the best, but every game after it is totally worth a purchase.

it's pretty clear to me now that i rejected the vita without giving it a second thought. brb doing more research so i don't sound like more of a nintendo handheld fanboy.

Yeah, I tried the demo. And I like it, because I do, in fact, like them all. But SS was just so good that after I played the other two, I was like "Hm, that was good, but it could've been better..." Like Golden Sun, yeah. :P (Speaking of which... why aren't they releasing a 3DS Golden Sun... or Rhythm Heaven, for that matter...)

Haha, I only know about the Vita 'cause my brother has one. :P But yeah, although it isn't as expansive as the 3DS, it doesn't get enough credit for what it is, IMO...

I thought Golden Sun 2 was the best in the series.

I didn't know about that feature... It actually looks really interesting.