Why are bases > growths?

Carlton Banks

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lance needed the Wyrmslayer or a Killer Lance crit to ORKO though.

Hang on, I'll check my chapter 17 saves:

aujwpk.png

2e49j83.png

348oas4.png

Alan's looking pretty good; I'm just more invested in training Zeiss at the moment and I really won't need any extra Paladins from chapter 17 and onwards.

As for the desert, yeah, I used the RNG trick.

Edited by Espinosa

He's 14/3 actually, not immediately promoted at 10/0. Yeah, promoted during Echidna's map towards the end.

Pretty blessed still, but nothing drastic and he was never involved in any bosskilling (iirc he grabbed just the chapter 1 bosskill, which I later regretted when I realised how much weight any +str or +spd level-up Marcus can get could have).

In chapter 12, I almost came up with a 4-turn strategy that skips Ray (I skipped him in a 5-turn anyway) but no RN combination on that turn would allow Lance to connect two consecutive Wyrmslayer attacks (40ish hit iirc).

This might be slightly off topic, but are there any hacks for FE6 where enemy recruits don't get HM bonuses? I honestly kind of resent the fact a concept like that even exists, it just takes makes worse units even worse and good units even dumber. What's the point in making the game "harder" via making enemy unit stats higher when you're buffing the units you're pitting against these buffed enemies? It doesn't even really cancel out.

Conceptually, I find it to be supremely idiotic. But since like some of my favorite characters get buffed, I let it slide. :p

They should be giving your scrubby units HM bonuses like Wolt and Dorothy, not the other way around. Or just buff them whatwasmypointagain.

Edited by Refa

oh btw it's impossible to 4-turn chapter 1 on HM unless you rig a critical hit on damas with marcus. marcus also needs to be using the silver lance (59 hit, 6 crit).

all this theorycrafting is making me want to do FE6 0% growths v3. i think i can shave off yet another few turns and maybe go sub-180.

oh btw it's impossible to 4-turn chapter 1 on HM unless you rig a critical hit on damas with marcus. marcus also needs to be using the silver lance (59 hit, 6 crit).

all this theorycrafting is making me want to do FE6 0% growths v3. i think i can shave off yet another few turns and maybe go sub-180.

That's good to know - I assume you mean taking into account all possible re-sequencing of actions and re-positioning of all participants?

I think you can save a few in chapter 7 (ignore the villages and head for the throne), some more while avoiding recruitable scrubs (Cath, but also Gonzalez, not sure about Echidna since you don't really have a good Rutger in 0% growths and somebody has to handle all the Mercs and Heroes in the desert). Chapter 5 definitely looks 3-turnable (I realised this when I erased my chapter 5 saves so I sighed and moved on).

That's good to know - I assume you mean taking into account all possible re-sequencing of actions and re-positioning of all participants?

i'm sure it's possible in a TAS where you look at the RN string. the thing is that marcus can't reach the tile in front of damas until turn 4, so if you want to 4-turn, marcus needs to ORKO the dude, and it's impossible without a silver lance crit. but we are talking about the realm of likely things here.

on NM, marcus exactly 2HKOs damas with the silver lance.

i don't think that i can justify not recruiting cass (or other units). unfortunately it means that i can't do chapters 6 and 12 any faster. chapter 7 is going to be difficult to even shave off one turn (which would tie with your turncount), but i think i can do it. asking for more is probably not possible. the thing is that i can't use your strategy of ORKOing devias with marcus @ hammer because marcus doesn't have enough str and zealot has significantly lower chances at successfully hitting twice. i think this time around i might consider trying to get rutger promoted during chapter 7.

i didn't discover the desert item trick in v2, so that one i can probably take off 2-3 turns. i can shave off a turn in chapter 9 if i give roy the chapter 4 angelic robe (the reason why i couldn't do it before is because shin ORKOs roy and roy can't get close enough to the gate on turn 5 without being attacked by shin). chapter 14x i double-warped, which only saves 1 turn, so that warp use can go elsewhere. chapter 5 looks nearly impossible to 3-turn, but i think one change to your strategy that would help make it possible would be to drop a guy like bors to block the nomad instead of someone more useful like deke.

i might have to rethink chapter 14 boots on roy, which was definitely useful on multiple occasions to help him avoid enemies that would otherwise kill him on the turn before seizing the gate/throne. miledy gets around faster, but she can't be relied on to kill bosses to the extend that percival can (and percival requires 24/24 str/spd, which miledy can't even get).

anyway, we're getting off topic here. we should take this to a different thread.

Edited by dondon151