Pokemon X/Y General Thread

Quintessence

I remember that trainer battle. The only battle I lost in the game. If she keeps beating you just avoid her.

I can't avoid her. I want to go that way. I want to explore the whole cave.

It's a matter of matching types and using good moves, really.

I had trouble with that particular guy, in fact. I had one Pokemon (out of four) remaining at the end of the battle.

Let's see... Fletchinder on Throh, like Prof. Palutena said. And does your Gloom know Sleep Powder? If it does, putting it to sleep would be great. And if all else fails, grinding is better than starting all over. Burning also halves the opponents' attack, so there's that.

EDIT: Ninja'd by a lot, lol.

Ugh, why did I say Fletchling? Of course it evolved, my bad. I should've said Fletchinder. Yes, my Gloom knows Sleep Powder.

I'll try this, thanks.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I beat her that time! I still almost lost again, but a win is a win. Fletchinder managed to take out Throh rather quickly thanks to one of those Pecks being critical. Then Braixen took a biiig chunk of HP from Hawlucha before being OHKO'd by another Rock Throw. But a Sleep Powder from Gloom plus Venoshock sealed the deal for me.

Okay, I beat her that time! I still almost lost again, but a win is a win. Fletchinder managed to take out Throh rather quickly thanks to one of those Pecks being critical. Then Braixen took a biiig chunk of HP from Hawlucha before being OHKO'd by another Rock Throw. But a Sleep Powder from Gloom plus Venoshock sealed the deal for me.

Congratz!

7th gym is Psychic?

Greninja you got this

Uh, isn't Greninja Water/Fighting? That's what I heard anyway.

What happened to doctor/nurse trainers though? They were useful in caves like this. I keep having to leave to heal my Pokemon. xP

And what happened to the day/night cycle? It's nearly 8PM here and it doesn't look like the sun is setting.

What happened to doctor/nurse trainers though? They were useful in caves like this. I keep having to leave to heal my Pokemon. xP

And what happened to the day/night cycle? It's nearly 8PM here and it doesn't look like the sun is setting.

Water/Dark

It's still present. At least where I live it was sunset by 7-8 PM and night before 9PM.

Water/Dark

There is one in Mirror Cave but I can't remember where... second floor maybe?

That I couldn't tell you. It seems to fluctuate

Chestnaught is grass/fight, greninja is water/dark. Day night cycle is there still, and nurses are rare, but every so often one is in a cave.

Chestnaught is grass/fight, greninja is water/dark. Day night cycle is there still, and nurses are rare, but every so often one is in a cave.

...Why is it a Dark type when it seems to be based off of a ninja? They're fighters. :/

Yay! Keep going! If you run into trouble again, we'll help! ^_^

...Why is it a Dark type when it seems to be based off of a ninja? They're fighters. :/

Because Ninjas are all about stepping in from the darkness and eluding their foe, until assassinating them with a well placed strike. Pokemon's fighting types are based on stuff like wrestling and martial arts, fair competition and such. A ninja that fights fair is typically a ninja that loses, and that kind of sneaky fighting is indicative of the dark type.

Ninja's are warriors of the night, masters of the art of stealth, assassination artists, ninja's by origin are sneaky bastards, not heroic open fighters like you dear darling frederick.

Bug

Rock

Fighting

Grass

Electric

Fairy

Psychic

Ice

Still need something for the Electric and Fairy gyms, but I have the others under control. If I remember, Fairy is weak to Poison? And that's like all, I just know it resists Fighting and Dark, is immune to Dragon and isn't very effective on Fire.

Ninja's are warriors of the night, masters of the art of stealth, assassination artists, ninja's by origin are sneaky bastards, not heroic open fighters like you dear darling frederick.

Uh, who said anything about Frederick?

But I see.

Wooo, just battled a great friend of mine, My Gardevoir named -Micaiah- pulled through for me. She slapped on resolve just like micaiah does herself by tracing my friend his mega blaziken's speed boost ability. Then she survived his brave bird with 3 Hp remaining, and proceeded to sweep his three remaining pokemon, Mega blaziken, Dragalge and a weakened Aegislash!

Haven't had that sensation of being a great trainer in a long time! Feels like my first link cable win! ^^

Uh, who said anything about Frederick?

But I see.

That is pretty much how everyone feels whenever you bring him up in a conversation that isn't about him. ;]

Edited by Vicious Sal

That is pretty much how everyone feels whenever you bring him up in a conversation that isn't about him. ;]

Except I never brought him up here at all. YOU did. And unnecessarily.

Except I never brought him up here at all. YOU did. And unnecessarily.

You are missing the point, I never stated that you brought it up HERE.

It is however common fact and knowledge that you do bring up frederick pretty much everywhere else, and almost always unnecessarily.

The feeling you just got when I brought up frederick out of nowhere and he was completely unrelated to the topic at hand, that is the feeling that is causing people to become annoyed with you. Because it happens, ALL the time, once or twice and people don't care, but after a while gets annoying. The same goes for the fact that you state your pairings whenever you see fanart that has a different pairing than you like.

To return to the actual game, has anyone realised shiny greninja is black as night? He looks amazing, i want one.

Edited by Vicious Sal