Pokemon X/Y General Thread

Quintessence

Males can pass down them too, now.

If one of the parents has an hidden ability, the child will have it as well with like 50% (if he normally has only one ability) or 33% (if he has two). These are not official percentages, they're just based on my experience.

That's much simpler than I expected. Thanks.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's much simpler than I expected. Thanks.

No worries. Most things about breeding have been made simpler.

For example now if you give the Everstone to the mother (or to Ditto) she'll pass down her nature to the children 100% of the times.

Till gen 5, it only was 50% and if you put a Ditto with a Female, the latter had priority, meaning that you could pass down Ditto's nature only when bred with males. Also Everstone didn't work if the parents had different origins (> if they came from different countries).

Hopefully now it isn't as tricky as in the past.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

BD azu is pretty cool, but the moveslot....

Aqua Jet

Superpower or something

Play Rough

Drum

Maybe something like this? I won't enjoy facing Venusaur though

Also some random Gen 6 breeding tips: Catch as many Riolu as possible. Also the free Lucario is a guaranteed 31 Speed IV, which is pretty useful

Oh yeah, if you guys want to breed Perfect Pokemon, now its easier than ever

1. Riolu from what I heard always spawn with AT LEAST 3 Perfect IV

2. Destiny Knot guarantees at least 5 IV passed down from parents

There are 6 Stats, HP, ATK, DEF, SP.A, SP.D, SPE

Put the two and a Ditto with the Nature of choice in the calculation and you can breed Perfect Pokemon now, easier than ever

I reccomend breeding Lucario first simply because of its Group coverage ^^

Edited by Choujin Sentai Chesnaught

Put the two and a Ditto with the Nature of choice in the calculation and you can breed Perfect Pokemon now, easier than ever

5 IVs from both parents combined though, you won't necessarily pass down a perfect set of IVs

Just wanted to note that serebii updated the x/y pokedex with moves learned via lv up and TM/HM

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/

If this has been already known, then herp, because missed like 20+ pages >_>. Sorry in such case

edit: it features gen VI pokemons because earlier gen pokemons aren't still complete

Edited by Quintessence

Just wanted to note that serebii updated the x/y pokedex with moves learned via lv up and TM/HM

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/

If this has been already known, then herp, because missed like 20+ pages >_>. Sorry in such case

edit: it features gen VI pokemons because earlier gen pokemons aren't still complete

Thank you very much, I didn't notice. :)

This will be helpful indeed.

Welp, I just caught Yveltal and it's Jolly with perfect speed but poopy attacking stats. Probably not worth keeping?

Edit: I'm settling with a nice Calm natured Yveltal. Its got the right moves to be a good tank. I don't play ubers anyway.

Edited by Spaceman Craig

Welp, I just caught Yveltal and it's Jolly with perfect speed but poopy attacking stats. Probably not worth keeping?

Edit: I'm settling with a nice Calm natured Yveltal. Its got the right moves to be a good tank. I don't play ubers anyway.

heh I just maxed out my EVs for Yveltal

Can someone explain to me how I'm supposed to do the parallel swizzle trick? I'm having a hard time understanding it.

If I'm remembering which trick you're talking about, then just barely push the circle pad. You'll start with the normal rush, but wait a little bit while still barely pushing, and you'll start hearing the swishing of it. Just keep it barely pushed, and you should be good. It's pretty cool once you get the hang of it.

Edited by Konnor97

No worries. Most things about breeding have been made simpler.

For example now if you give the Everstone to the mother (or to Ditto) she'll pass down her nature to the children 100% of the times.

Till gen 5, it only was 50% and if you put a Ditto with a Female, the latter had priority, meaning that you could pass down Ditto's nature only when bred with males. Also Everstone didn't work if the parents had different origins (> if they came from different countries).

Hopefully now it isn't as tricky as in the past.

So that's why my Ditto kept on passing down it's Modest nature.

I thought it was some freak coincidence, and then started becoming suspicious.

My suspicions are now confirmed.

Whoa. I love breeding now~