Pokemon X/Y General Thread

Quintessence

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you get the oval stone from Sycamore by catching all the pokemon in the kalos dex or seeing all of them? (also, by kalos dex, does it mean all the pokemon in the kalos region or all the pokemon introduced in the kalos region?)

You can find a hidden Oval Stone in Mewtwo's Cave; examine the rock on the left side. I'm assuming you mean the evolution stone?

Well, it was the same thing in B/W B2/W2. 31 EV in one stats, 20 everywhere else (Emolga had 31 EV in Def, for example). Glad to see it continue the trend;

Do someone know if it's the case for the given Pokemon ? Particulary this Lucario.

huh

definitely not for my Lucario though, its HP is abysmal

Um, can somebody explain to me into detail, what are EVs, IVs, how do they work and how do I identify them in a Pokemon?

So far my Pokes are:

Timid!Braixen (Good Perseverance) - trained his sp. atk and sp at most, but got some sp.def

Serious!Combusken (Quick Tempered) - trained atk at most but got def and sp, too

Naive!Gardevoir (Takes plenty of siestas) - trained his sp. atk and sp at most, but got sp.def

Mild!Honedge (Somewhat vain) - trained his atk and sp.atk

edit: this was via super training. And got a couple of Dusk Stones for Honedge :awesome:

Edited by Quintessence

Um, can somebody explain to me into detail, what are EVs, IVs, how do they work and how do I identify them in a Pokemon?

So far my Pokes are:

Timid!Braixen (Good Perseverance) - trained his sp. atk and sp at most, but got some sp.def

Serious!Combusken (Quick Tempered) - trained atk at most but got def and sp, too

Naive!Gardevoir (Takes plenty of siestas) - trained his sp. atk and sp at most, but got sp.def

Mid!Honedge (Somewhat vain) - trained his atk and sp.atk

edit: this was via super training. And got a couple of Dusk Stones for Honedge :awesome:

IVs and EVs are parameters that influence stats.

If you go to serebii or websites that contain info on all the pokémon's stats, you'll eventually see something like "Beneficial Nature / Speed : 225-328". This means that if you have a nature which is beneficial in speed (for example Timid) your Speed stat will be between 225 and 328. What decides this? EVs and IVs.

IVs (or Individual Values) cannot be seen and must be calculated. They vary from 0 to 31 and each IV point actually is a stat point at level 100. If we consider the previous case, when you don't have any EVs in Speed, if you have 0 IVs as well your pokémon will have 225 Speed at level 100 (the minimum for his nature), while if he has 30 IVs in Speed, he will have 255.

IVs normally are random, but there are various methods to manipulate them that I won't explain now.

Just type "IV calculator" on Google to experiment it a little with your pokémon.

EVs (or Effort Values) can be seen in the SuperTraining. They're max 510 and max 252 for each stat. Every 4 EVs are a stat point. This means that when you do the SuperTraining (Hard mode) and you get 12 points in, for example, Speed, you just got 3 stat points in Speed (at lv.100). Always using the same example, said pokémon with 30 IVs and 80 EVs in Speed will have [225+30+(80/4)]=275 Speed at level 100.

I'm writing this for you only because you have Calista in your signature and I'm such a fanboy of TLS <3

Kidding :)

Edited by Alfred Kamon

So far my Pokes are:

Mild!Honedge (Somewhat vain) - trained his atk and sp.atk

wait seriously, I thought you knew all that stuff

anyway to see your EVs, the easiest method is to use a reset bag on a Pokemon, see how many EVs you lost, then reset so you get your bag back

wait seriously, I thought you knew all that stuff

anyway to see your EVs, the easiest method is to use a reset bag on a Pokemon, see how many EVs you lost, then reset so you get your bag back

It wasn't completely clear to me, specially the IVs.

I was used to EVs since Ruby/Sapphire and Pearl/Platinum where I used to train Dialga/Palkia with bunch of Roselias and get 60~90 sp.Atk per level up. Though they stopped getting huge sp.Atk after like 3 levels

Okay, so I just caught a Tauros while trying to find a Pinsir, and the Pokedex description had a red background for some reason. Is there a reason on why that happened? Or was just some random thing?

Oh, and do Critical Captures seem to happen a lot more often in this game? I've gotten like 6 in a very short amount of time while trying to fill out the dex, and it's getting crazy.

Edited by Konnor97

Woah thank you, everything's clear to me, now ^^'

Also, Zael x Calista > Shulk x Fiora, because marriage amirite :smug:

No worries, glad I was of some help. :)

Yep that couple just melted my heart when I played that game.

also the online was goood. I always played as Calista, haha