Pokemon X/Y General Thread

Quintessence

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never trust those motherfuckers on the GTS, if you are looking for specific abilities.

And why go for Analytic Staryu? It has its niche, but considerig what Starmie is made for, isn't Natural Cure the better option?

This. Same goes for IVs as well. Do not believe eet...

well you're going to have to wait until the bank opens

or maybe if you ask nicely on the GTS you'll actually get one(but you never know)

I don't have an analytic starmie in any of my previous games.

OMG guys, I was looking for a Shuckle to add to my Pokedex and I got the first one I found with a critical capture! YES!

That took awhile too, stinking encounter rate. xP

Now I've got all the Pokemon you find via Rock Smash except for that ugly two-headed thing I think is called Binacle. I picked up Pokemon again today because I hadn't touched it in awhile (thanks to other distractions. lol).

Edited by Anacybele

OMG guys, I was looking for a Shuckle to add to my Pokedex and I got the first one I found with a critical capture! YES!

That took awhile too, stinking encounter rate. xP

Now I've got all the Pokemon you find via Rock Smash except for that ugly two-headed thing I think is called Binacle. I picked up Pokemon again today because I hadn't touched it in awhile (thanks to other distractions. lol).

Have you considered looking through Friend Safaris? If you look on the Friend Safari thread, I'm pretty sure someone has Barbaracle (Binacle's evolved form), so you could friend them, catch that, then breed with Ditto to get a Binacle.

Alternatively, I can let you see one for a moment to register it. I still have a few mostly evolved forms that I need to see, so we could trade and trade back to help each other.

Have you considered looking through Friend Safaris? If you look on the Friend Safari thread, I'm pretty sure someone has Barbaracle (Binacle's evolved form), so you could friend them, catch that, then breed with Ditto to get a Binacle.

Alternatively, I can let you see one for a moment to register it. I still have a few mostly evolved forms that I need to see, so we could trade and trade back to help each other.

Likewise, I know for a fact that there are Shuckle safaris here on SF. Definitely could have saved some of the trouble.

I didn't know any of those Pokemon could be found through Friend Safaris, but it's too late now, I already caught a Shuckle. :P

And I don't need a Binacle yet, but I'll think on it.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot about Dwebble. I don't have that one either. XD

Edited by Anacybele

It has poor recovery and its typing is pretty bad defensively.

If you really want to use one of the Regis, Registeel is what you should be looking for.

I dunno, I really the like the tanky set with leftovers and drain punch, but this is isn't the competitive thread, so I won't elaborate too much.

It has poor recovery and its typing is pretty bad defensively.

If you really want to use one of the Regis, Registeel is what you should be looking for.

Regirock is kinda hard to use, but with a weakness policy, Drain Punch, careful nature, and EVs put into attack, special defense, and HP it can clean house.

Edited by Kamina

According to bulbapedia:

Quick Guard will now block moves given an increased priority through Prankster and Gale Wings. Quick Guard can also now be used consecutively without failing, although it still decreases the chance of success for related moves