Pokemon X/Y General Thread

Quintessence

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Steam Eruption is ridiculously good. Just because only Volcanion learns it doesn't make it a bad move - V-Create is only learnt by Victini and an event Rayquaza (lol), but that doesn't make V-Create any worse as a move on its own.

Yeah, Steam Eruption is ridiculously good. Just because only Volcanion learns it doesn't make it a bad move - V-Create is only learnt by Victini and an event Rayquaza (lol), but that doesn't make V-Create any worse as a move on its own.

Lolz no kidding.

Flying type offensive poke would get so much buff if they actually have competent movepool

Like... a 90 BP Sp.A no effect Flying move would be awesome

I would absolutely love something like this.

Flying type offensive poke would get so much buff if they actually have competent movepool

Like... a 90 BP Sp.A no effect Flying move would be awesome

Might as well have a physical version as well so mons like Salamence and Dragonite have a secondary STAB.

Dive Bomb - 90 bp physical - Deals recoil to the user.

Tornado - 90 bp special - 10% chance to confuse the target.

I'd argue some of them should have worse drawbacks instead. Close Combat remains a perfectly accurate 120 BP move (in an era where the Special ones got a 10 BP nerf no less) with the only disadvantage being a dual defensive drop. And I'm not even talking about how it's one of the of the best offensive typings (though it makes sense that the whole type based on pure combat has the most strengths).

But what does it mean when you can just switch out to negate those or if the oppoenent is too slow/has no priority to capitalize on those lowered defenses. At least Superpower has an Attack drop though the new Focus Energy mechanics can still make it spammable if you don't mind having awful Defense.

I'd argue some of them should have worse drawbacks instead. Close Combat remains a perfectly accurate 120 BP move (in an era where the Special ones got a 10 BP nerf no less) with the only disadvantage being a dual defensive drop. And I'm not even talking about how it's one of the of the best offensive typings (though it makes sense that the whole type based on pure combat has the most strengths).

But what does it mean when you can just switch out to negate those or if the oppoenent is too slow/has no priority to capitalize on those lowered defenses. At least Superpower has an Attack drop though the new Focus Energy mechanics can still make it spammable if you don't mind having awful Defense.

Or Contrary ;P

(Well...I dunno Malamar is that good, Contrary Superpower seems gimmicky for the one Pokemon capable of running it).

Edited by Interest

I've heard that with sticky web support, malamar works alright. But only so, he is awfully gimmicky and with low defenses

Also, apparently, spinda can do contrary/superpower, just not well, it's base stats are all 60 across the board I think

I think I now see why mega kangaskhan is banned by smogon XD

But it was a fun battle, none the less

I also had a battle against MegaKhan, but I won. Kanga was the trainer's second poke, Chesnaught (me) spike dmg (2 layers) and protected with Spiky Shield and restored with Leech Seed+Leftovers, but was beaten after a double Power Up Punch and double Return; but then Talonflame appeared and Brave Bird'd Kanga's red bar.

Also, yay! Won 50 Triple Battles at the Maison! The 50th battle was a loljoke against Regis amd Birds. Chesnaught tanked shit while Mega Gyarados and Delphox swept dem legends. There were far more tough battles, though.

Edited by Quintessence

I've heard that with sticky web support, malamar works alright. But only so, he is awfully gimmicky and with low defenses

Also, apparently, spinda can do contrary/superpower, just not well, it's base stats are all 60 across the board I think

I saw a lulzy Contrary V-Create thing. It was hilarious (Assist -> V-Create)