Pokemon X/Y General Thread

Quintessence

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh cool, Pokemon Bank at last! :D I've gotta transfer my shiny Aggron to my Platinum and Black 2 first though. But that'll just take a few minutes. I think I left him at lv. 50 something last I checked, so he should be usable in the Looker missions, which I plan to start today. I had completely forgotten about them until finding the section on it in my Pokedex guide. lol And I'm a Looker fan too (he's so awesome. <3) XD

Also, seeing as I've been completely ignored lately for whatever reason xP:

Also, something in the guide intrigues me. Where it says how to obtain Xerneas and Yveltal, it states that to get them in the version they do not appear in, you have to either link trade or transfer from another game.

The latter is currently impossible because X and Y are the only games they show up in right now. Link trading is all you can do to get both in one version. But could it be there because it's indicating that we'll have another game, maybe something like Pokemon Dream Radar or Revolution/Stadium, where we can get them? If so, I'm hoping for a new Revolution/Stadium!

If it has Revolution's trainer customizations and Stadium's minigames, I'll be happy. ^^

Just in time for my interest in Pokémon to fizzle out.

My interest in pokemon was low for a while, but this news and the me recently getting into showdown has reignited my interest.

Oh cool, Pokemon Bank at last! :D I've gotta transfer my shiny Aggron to my Platinum and Black 2 first though. But that'll just take a few minutes. I think I left him at lv. 50 something last I checked, so he should be usable in the Looker missions, which I plan to start today. I had completely forgotten about them until finding the section on it in my Pokedex guide. lol And I'm a Looker fan too (he's so awesome. <3) XD

Also, seeing as I've been completely ignored lately for whatever reason xP:

You weren't specifically being ignored, there's just nothing to comment about. An American Pokémon guide isn't exactly the most official source for upcoming games and the like. It's most likely a typo or something like that.

I need to release a ton of wonder trade whelps before I can even consider transferring anything with pokebank XD

On a side note, I just hit 300 roselias, and I've probably released at least 20 perfects -_-

You weren't specifically being ignored, there's just nothing to comment about. An American Pokémon guide isn't exactly the most official source for upcoming games and the like. It's most likely a typo or something like that.

The guide came out in Japanese too, you know. Also, excuse me for thinking there WAS something to comment about.

I apologize, but I'm really annoyed right now because I have to wait yet ANOTHER day to transfer my Aggron. Not because of Pokemon Bank or anything, but because of my stupid DS and stupid Emerald. Emerald's time settings were different than what I had on my DS, so when I had them changed, the Platinum game card told me I had to wait another day to do a transfer. WTF kind of bullshit is this?

The guide came out in Japanese too, you know. Also, excuse me for thinking there WAS something to comment about.

I apologize, but I'm really annoyed right now because I have to wait yet ANOTHER day to transfer my Aggron. Not because of Pokemon Bank or anything, but because of my stupid DS and stupid Emerald. Emerald's time settings were different than what I had on my DS, so when I had them changed, the Platinum game card told me I had to wait another day to do a transfer. WTF kind of bullshit is this?

Yeah, it's probably nothing to speculate over. Just an inconsistency, most likely.

Awww, that sucks.

But it's only 24 hours; surely you have the patience to wait that long.

Heck, I'm probably not going to start my transferring 'til this weekend.

Awww, that sucks.

But it's only 24 hours; surely you have the patience to wait that long.

Well, you're more patient than I am. I COULD use my Pearl game instead, but I'd rather use Platinum, as it's the one I played more and the one I like more.

Edited by Anacybele

My interest in pokemon was low for a while, but this news and the me recently getting into showdown has reignited my interest.

Eh. The realisation just dawned on me that I wasn't enjoying competitive battling all that much. It felt like a tedious cycle of raise Pokémon, get middling to poor results, raising some more and so on. Maybe I'll give it another crack at some point, but a part of me thinks I'm better off without it.

Edited by Shuuda

Eh. The realisation just dawned on me that I wasn't enjoying competitive battling all that much. It felt like a tedious cycle of raise Pokémon, get middling to poor results, raising some more and so on. Maybe I'll give it another crack at some point, but a part of me thinks I'm better off without it.

It is true that comp battling requires a lot of effort for sometimes pretty underwhelming returns(which is why I might my Action Replay to transfer 6IV pokemons to make the process faster >_>)

I've got to admit the most fun I had with comp battling was with the random option on showdown that led to ridiculously unfair situations

Like Silver Lightning having a White Kyurem amongst decent pokemons while I had mediocre ones topped off by a Luvdisk XD

Ok, I downloaded the Pokemon Bank and Transporter, but I wanted to transfer the Third Kami Trio in their Formes from Pokemon Dream Radar from my third playthrough (from downloading to my third SD card) and I was going to transfer them to my Black 2 copy and then sent them to Pokemon Bank, but the message said that the Kami Trio was already receive in my Black 2 already, but if I might transfer the original received Kami Trio from my Black 2 copy, would that might able received the third Kami Trio from the third Dream Radar playthrough to Black 2 if they were sent to Pokemon Bank?

If the end result is the same, then what's the difference?

That I get a shiny Aggron in Pearl instead of Platinum, though I like Platinum more. :P

I'm much more likely to go back to my Platinum file someday to work on the Pokedex too because I like it more, which is the main reason I want to use my Platinum card.

Edited by Anacybele

Alright, it didn't work on transferring the third Kami Trio to my Black 2 game (it still shows its received after I sented it to Transporter and Bank) after I completed transferring the other Kami Trio to my X game, but I managed to transfer the some of the other Pokemon from the Dream Radar along with Ho-ho and Giratina, Deoxys, and the Shiny Dragon Trio from my Black 2 game and my other second Victini (Lv. 15 from my Black game) to X.

By the way, I did know that Pokemon Bank doesn't pick up on hacked Pokemon, but doesn't it worked if I used Action Replay Device to get the other Pokemon on the Gen 5 games and they can might be transferred to Pokemon Bank?

Edited by King Marth 64

Yay bank. Time to go see if Azure Flute event Arceus can go through...Lol....

Following up on this. It doesn't.

HOWEVER, Event Shaymin and Darkrai from Platinum version will make it through. I'm currently playing with my Shaymin in Amie to confirm it. ;D

Edit: Apparently Pokecheck Arceus can make it through too (make sure the OT and stuff match up with the actual event Arceus). The levels of wat are off the charts.

Edited by Interest

Just got absolutely obliterated by Alfred Kamon, this damn masuda method is taking too long, I need to start working on my unaware Clefable

Eheh, I had fun~ Thanks for the battle!

Unaware+Cosmic Power Clefable could give me some trouble indeed.

that's why I should run a Sniper Kingdra

Edited by Alfred Kamon

Wow, I can't believe that only now (and by now, I mean last night) I see that Sacred Fire is, and has been since Gen 4, physical. I always thought that it was special. So does that mean Entei getting it was a good thing, so it can have a good, physical, fire move?