Pokemon X/Y General Thread

Quintessence

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God damn it. I evolved my Nincada and somehow didn't get a Shedinja. My party had plenty of room for it.

According to Bulbapedia, I needed a Poke Ball in my inventory. Apparently Premier Balls aren't good enough for it.

I have every buyable ball in my bag except for Poke Balls.

Clearly this is a marketing ploy to get players to buy vendor trash...

I recently evolved a Nincada and had the same problem >_>

If you're interacting with people in the US or are in the US, it might be the snow storm that's currently hitting the mid-southeast. xP

Nobody's going to work or school here tomorrow, it's getting really bad.

And that's rather stupid that a Shedinja will only appear if you have a regular Pokeball. :/

If you're interacting with people in the US or are in the US, it might be the snow storm that's currently hitting the mid-southeast. xP

Thanks for the heads up.

Its pretty balls cold up here in the Northeast. The storm might hit us on Thursday.

Thanks for the heads up.

Its pretty balls cold up here in the Northeast. The storm might hit us on Thursday.

My stepdad said that by the time it gets up there, it'll just be snow and not as bad. But yeah.

I just hope that if we MUST lose power or something, it won't be for long.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm positive it's not fake. CoroCoro reveals were pretty much the vehicle of pokemon x/y reveals, remember the new pokemons, the legendaries and the megas.

Not just that, but I highly doubt Serebii would put in on his site without doing a bit of digging.

So I was playing with my Ekans in Pokemon Amie, and when I fed it a Pokepuff, it lunged at my hand and snapped it up in one gulp, which I haven't seen any other pokemon do (all the others have to bite 3 times). Have you guys seen any other unique mannerisms in certain pokemon?

@Shedinja discussion - Yet another instance of zero common sense on Game Freak's part. I mean, they already had a perfect system for something like this coded in a previous game - the Event Zorua in Black/White. It doesn't occur to them at all to just appropriate that block of code and tune it for when Nincada evolves and let the player select the ball for the newly shed Shedinja? Terrible programming practices.

So I was playing with my Ekans in Pokemon Amie, and when I fed it a Pokepuff, it lunged at my hand and snapped it up in one gulp, which I haven't seen any other pokemon do (all the others have to bite 3 times). Have you guys seen any other unique mannerisms in certain pokemon?

Shedinja doesn't eat from what I've heard.

I'd confirm it myself.

IF I HAD ONE!! #MrTurner

Dinkleburg always taking your employee of the month award

Thinking of protect/substitute/willowisp/foulplay sableye with leftovers, sets like that aren't frowned on too badly, right?

Not at all. Sableye is squishy and unlike ParaFusion he's not based on luck.

You might want recover on sableye (I'd take protect out)

Ah, alright, I only had it that way be because I'd seen a sub/protect stall set work really well

Not at all. Sableye is squishy and unlike ParaFusion he's not based on luck.

Still gotta land the will o' wisp though XD

I know some cocoon-like pokemon(metapod, spewpa) won't eat anything and that big pokemon like Gyarados or Dialga will eat pokepuff in two bites(funnily, Giratina also eats them in 2 bites, but he takes way more time to bite than the others). And I think really small pokemon will sometime have to bite more than 3 times.

This. The pokemon that wish they had are good enough as it is anyway. Salamence and Mega Aerodactyl would be pretty scary if this happened, and the slash moves are decent enough as it is. Base 80 at most for them.

Mega Aerodactyl have ridiculously low 135 Attack and STAB Earthquake with that buff and Salamence is already underpowered as it is, and what he gets is an Alternative STAB Dragon Claw. Its not broken.

The Slash clone buff should gtfo though. Base 90 is like throwing a Life Orb boost on top of them

Its not really a power creep when it did not goes into ridiculous area like Close Combat and Draco Meteor

Edited by JSND