Pokemon X/Y General Thread

Quintessence

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smogon, go home, you're drunk. I've agreed with everything up to now, but this is a little much. My two cents is if you have to ban something, just ban the two in combination (prankster+swagger) not the move itself.

Smogon, go home, you're drunk. I've agreed with everything up to now, but this is a little much. My two cents is if you have to ban something, just ban the two in combination (prankster+swagger) not the move itself.

that's one possibility.

They aren't making a suspect test yet, It's nothing definitive, far from it. They might end up even continuing to allow the infamous "Swagster" teams.

Either way, I really hate those teams, so I'm happy with whichever way smogon finds to get rid of them.

Edited by Nobody

It's getting harder and harder to disagree with any of these bans when (in almost every case) the people arguing for them have clear and reasonable arguments, and a lot of the people arguing against them in those threads either have no idea how the metagame works or are obviously trolling (drowning out the reasonable anti-ban arguments).

Edited by Alg

The most reliable way to handle with those teams is to shift between two pokemon with low ATK, dark resist and holding leftovers until the PP of swagger ends.

In other words, the best way to deal with those teams is to make the battle even more tedious than it would normally be.

There's still Pressure, stuff like Taunt and Protect, and obviously your own priority, especially Extremespeed that's already higher in priority by default.

Nevermind some physical boosting sweepers use Lum Berries to avoid getting burned by Scald/Lava Plume/Will-o-Wisp or to prevent confusion from Outrage. Someone savvy enough can use the opponent's Prankster Swagger as a free set up and proceed to demolish them with a +2 boosted physical move on the same turn.

Edited by Woodshooter

how about sableye gets OHKO'd by about any reasonably strong special attacking move and that it would be hard to deal with electric/grounds if the main strat is parafusion. or the fact that espeon exists

Edited by Comet

how about sableye gets OHKO'd by about any reasonably strong special attacking move and that it would be hard to deal with electric/grounds if the main strat is parafusion. or the fact that espeon exists

Prankster swagger teams in general run at least 3 pokemon capable of doing that. Klefki handles special attacks just fine, and even special attackers have a bad time dealing with substitute + swagger + foul play.

Espeon, Xatu and even Mega Absol are vulnerable to STAB Foul Play.

Who even wants to play in a metagame where every move essentially has Zap Cannon accuracy? It's not overcentralizing or overpowered, it's uncompetitive.

True.

Edited by Nobody

Espeon, Xatu and even Mega Absol are vulnerable to STAB Foul Play.

Who even wants to play in a metagame where every move essentially has Zap Cannon accuracy? It's not overcentralizing or overpowered, it's uncompetitive.

but they have fairy/other powerful moves, no?

Klefki resist all of their stabs and threatens them with Foul Play and none of them learn any Fire or Ground move outside of Hidden Power and Heat Wave for Xatu. (Have fun running Dazzling Gleam/Heat Wave Xatu on your team just to deal with a possible Swagger team)

And there's not only Prankster pokemon on the team. There could very well be a team member dedicated to dealing with them(None of these 3 would really like an encounter with Tyranitar for example)

Edited by LuxSpes

It's getting harder and harder to disagree with any of these bans when (in almost every case) the people arguing for them have clear and reasonable arguments, and a lot of the people arguing against them in those threads either have no idea how the metagame works or are obviously trolling (drowning out the reasonable anti-ban arguments).

I kind of wonder if they're still debating about Stealth Rock. *goes to check*

i guess pikachu electivire would be good too, assuming elective doesn't slap itself in the face and pikachu will hit like a freight train with volt tackle in return