Pokemon X/Y General Thread

Quintessence

Erm, excuse the double post, but I found Super Training to be so fun and helpful that I decided to use it for my Keldeo since he's at least above average according to the guy that rates your Pokemon's IVs. I've started working on its sp. attack and speed, but is that the best idea since the nature is Careful (which hinders sp. attack and raises sp. defense)? Should I focus more on sp. defense? I still would like to keep it on my team because favoritism despite that it's not an "outstanding" Pokemon. xP

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you really want to calculate ivs just use a reset bag (if you have one) and find a calculator by googling. save before using the reset bag of course.

Edited by Comet

I depends on whether you you want to use your Keldeo competitively or just for your in-game team. If it's competitive, a careful Keldeo will have trouble making an impact, but in-game, a max Special Attack and Speed Keldeo should be ok, even with a -SpA nature.

Careful's pretty terrible for a special attacker and it doesn't learn Bulk Up or Curse, nor does it have a good natural Attack.

I'd suggest just editting one. Timid is best.

But it does have Work Up, which raises sp. attack and attack. I can't hack the game. xP

I'm just working on a casual team really, maybe semi-competitive since I plan to super train all of my new team. Too bad it's too late to do anything about my perfect-natured shiny Aggron though... Its EVs were already maxed. :(

Would Rapidash and Zebstrika be good on this new team? They're glass cannons, I believe. I love my equine Pokemon, so yeah, I'd totally want to use super trained ones!

Edited by Anacybele

But it does have Work Up, which raises sp. attack and attack. I can't hack the game. xP

I'm just working on a casual team really, maybe semi-competitive since I plan to super train all of my new team. Too bad it's too late to do anything about my perfect-natured shiny Aggron though... Its EVs were already maxed. :(

Would Rapidash and Zebstrika be good on this new team? They're glass cannons, I believe. I love my equine Pokemon, so yeah, I'd totally want to use super trained ones!

If you leave Super training on the bottom screen, you have the chance to randomly find bags, one if which is a reset bag which would allow you to re-train your shiny aggron.

As far as casual teams go, I don't think you really need to think about team composition unless you plan to take on super challenge in the battle maison. But X&Y has really made the whole competitive training aspect more accessible by introducing super training and better breeding mechanics when it comes to IVs.

Well, I'd like to get better at battling, and I think knowing which Pokemon are good competitively can help with that. I don't want to use Pokemon I dislike though. But I've a feeling this will be hard, because I dislike some of the commonly used types, like Ground, Water, and Psychic. xP

Also, had no idea about the reset bag, thanks. lol

My Aggron wouldn't be good as a competitive Pokemon, though, its IVs are only "decent." :(

Edited by Anacybele

i highly doubt that the ivs will have much of an impact on your aggron, since aggron isn't a pokemon that's trying to outspeed commonly used pokemon with it's bad speed stat (actually i think there's a scarf set but i recall you saying you want to go mega). it'll just make its tanking abilities MARGINALLY nerfed

Yeah, I eventually want to give my Aggron an Aggronite. But I've been giving its defense a lot of nice boosts thanks to all the battling I do in Victory Road to level up Pokemon for evolution and dex entries. And Victory Road has wild Pokemon like Graveler for defense. Most of its level ups are +4 defense and +3 attack (because of Pokemon like Druddigon and Gurdurr) with the rest being +1.

Edited by Anacybele

i highly doubt that the ivs will have much of an impact on your aggron, since aggron isn't a pokemon that's trying to outspeed commonly used pokemon with it's bad speed stat (actually i think there's a scarf set but i recall you saying you want to go mega). it'll just make its tanking abilities MARGINALLY nerfed

Not marginally, significantly.

Not marginally, significantly.

i'll pull up the stats for level 50

with flawless ivs, brave nature, max hp and defense, last 4 evs go to attack

With 0 ivs across the board, same ev build

i'll pull up the stats for level 50

with flawless ivs, brave nature, max hp and defense, last 4 evs go to attack

With 0 ivs across the board, same ev build

Yeah.

A lot of those 2HKOs become OHKOs, 3HKOs to 2HKOs.

That small difference is what changes that kill to a sliver of health left.

Pretty significant, if you ask me.

Yeah.

A lot of those 2HKOs become OHKOs, 3HKOs to 2HKOs.

That small difference is what changes that kill to a sliver of health left.

Pretty significant, if you ask me.

except you don't really don't want to keep aggron in on close combats and the like. mega aggron can still do its job well enough, and i highly doubt ana's aggron has 0 ivs in hp and defense

i see your point, but at least it's not as crippling as something like a garchomp with imperfect speed iv

I think my shiny Aggron has pretty decent IVs in HP and defense. In fact, I think HP was the stat that the IV rater guy said it was best in.

This Aggron is definitely much better than the one I caught in-game as a Lairon though. lol Modest nature.

except you don't really don't want to keep aggron in on close combats and the like. mega aggron can still do its job well enough, and i highly doubt ana's aggron has 0 ivs in hp and defense

i see your point, but at least it's not as crippling as something like a garchomp with imperfect speed iv

Maybe not Close Combat, but maybe an EQ or Flare Blitz. Honestly, though, Mega Aggron isn't that good. x3

True dat. Perf speed on a sweeper is a must.

My Aggron DID get OHKO'd by a Typhlosion's Earthquake, now that you mention it...

Aggron would, but I don't think that Mega Aggron would. Considering Aggron loses it's rock typing upon mega evolving, and gains filter, which reduces the power of Super Effective moves that hit it. Right away, Aggron's weakness to ground goes from 4x to 2x just on evolving, and when filter takes effect, it'll be 1.75x to ground. Same goes to fighting.

Yeah, that's a reason I want to go Mega Aggron, eventually. But that'll be awhile, because I still haven't even started Y, let alone beaten it, and as we all know, the Aggronite is only available in Y. :P

I've just been too interested in completing a Pokedex for once and I'm getting close to collecting all the Central Kalos Pokemon!

Edited by Anacybele

I did saw that Darkrai is going to be an Event Pokemon in X and Y. (which its mentioned in Serebii.net and they said it in the site that its pre-booked from the Diancie movie)

And besides that, does anyone know how to work on Serial Code Events? I was going to get a Garchomp from the serial code event from Walmart. Is it just get a code from a store and then, add the code to the game under in "Get Code", is that correct?

Edited by King Marth 64