Pokemon X/Y General Thread

Quintessence

Quick, somebody throw Ana a bucket of water! :P:

Wow, surprised that the Johto starters have no negative votes. I thought Sudowoodo was popular but... lulz. Also wat, Umbreon beating Espeon? Espeon is beautiful, is the PSYCHIC TYPE, has nice Sp.Atck and Sp, can hit and destroy things.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, surprised that the Johto starters have no negative votes. I thought Sudowoodo was popular but... lulz. Also wat, Umbreon beating Espeon? Espeon is beautiful, is the PSYCHIC TYPE, has nice Sp.Atck and Sp, can hit and destroy things.

I like Espeon way better, but Umbreon can stall pretty well, IMO...

The Rock gym went down easy. Diggersby and Snorlax made quick work of Amaura and Tyrunt respectively.

Route 11, Reflection Cave, and Shalour Gym were bloodbaths, and I lost the entire original lineup including Torchic but not including Snorlax. Snorlax is the real hero, hitting Korrina's Machoke with paralysis and sealing me the match.

If this was a full Nuzlocke (no replacements), I'd have lost by now. I had to turn on the Exp. Share with all the replacements coming in or I'd be stuck grinding for days trying to catch them up.

The new team...

Snorlax (from the original lineup)

Mawile

Froakie (sadly not Protean)
Nosepass
Skarmory

Fearow

Mawile and Froakie have good natures...here's hoping I don't carelessly lose them. Froakie in particular arrived just in time, or I would have had to transfer an HM slave. In fact, I think I will allow myself the HM slave in the future. Unfortunately, Froakie has to sit out these next two gyms (grass and electric).

Edited by Chrom-ulent

Don't know if this as already been posted, but I found this picture to be pretty interesting:

b2VGFBJ.png

I remember some people speculating(hoping) that the reason there was so few new pokemon in X and Y is because half the region could be waiting in another game. Don't know if there's any truth in that. And the fact that Lumiose City is on the same spot as real life Paris is pretty neat.

This is a really strong theory now, yeah. I hope it's true! I'd love to explore another half of Kalos! France is just awesome. ^^

I also like how the mountains down south line up with the Alps. Could we get more mountains to explore? I hope we get a snow resort area too, kinda like the Lake Valor resort in Sinnoh, only it's a winter place instead of tropical.

Greninja's Protean made it the Ghost type!

Greninja used Shadow Sneak!

The foe's Blaziken lost 28.0% of its health!

Greninja lost some of its HP!

The foe's Blaziken used High Jump Kick!

It doesn't affect Greninja...

The foe's Blaziken kept going and crashed!

The foe's Blaziken fainted!

Protean is world's best ability.

Update on the run:

Received Fennekin from the Wonder Trade in return for the Route 13 Pokemon. Thankfully Timid if I remember right.

Grass gym was easy - Fearow did it all singlehandedly. Same with Electric and Fairy - Delphox was ready with Psyshock to tear through their weak defenses.

Before taking on the electric gym, I decided to take on Le Yeah. Greninja was killed by the evil chef who thought of putting Focus Blast on the elemental monkeys. Non-Protean really did bite me in the butt. It went up...a Wimpy Power Bunnelby came back from the Wonder Trade. RIP.

Also forgot to mention one last rule of my run - crit clause. Deaths due to crits don't count. (Otherwise, Delphox and Fearow would have been counted dead.)

My team as of getting the Fairy Badge:

Delphox

Mawile

Snorlax

Fearow

Probopass

(Zoroark in reserve, waiting for the next gym)

I will post another update upon catching Xerneas, and another against the Elite Four. Assuming Timid is the right nature for the X/Y mascots because that's my only Synchronizer.

Edited by Chrom-ulent

I'm curious as to how you get a Tyrantrum or Aurorus with Hidden Ability since they're not obtainable in Friend Safaris yet Serebii list theirs as Rock Head and Snow Warning.

Edited by LuxSpes

I'm curious as to how you get a Tyrantrum or Aurorus with Hidden Ability since they're not obtainable in Friend Safaris yet Serebii list theirs as Rock Head and Snow Warning.

Supposedly, they're used by NPCs in the Battle Maison.

Delphox is good at nothing? :<

Well, the two other starters are made relevant by their hidden abilities and Delphox's hidden ability is pretty bad. Also, its movepool is pretty limited and his signature move(Mystical Fire) is underwhelming when compared to Water Shuriken and Spiky Shield. Doesn't help that his typing leaves him weak to a lot of common moves and that its stat distribution is nothing to noteworthy.

Edited by LuxSpes

Man, Klefki is like the greatest Prankstermon ever.

Spikes, Light Screen, Reflect, Thunder Wave, Swagger, Calm Mind and now Switcheroo now all contribute to a Pokemon that I'd be surprised to see less than UU. SubSwagger Liepard is incredibly annoying in lower tiers, and Klefki takes that and adds much better typing and stats.

Prankster+Switcheroo is going to be hilarious. It seems like an excellent stop against Quiver Dancers and Dragon Dancers, as you can give them something like a Lagging Tail, and render their speed boosts moot. I don't know how it gets it, but I really hope it does. Just please don't be another Shell Smash Clawitzer from Serebii.

You sure do see it on Smogon. Not in OU, but in the lower tiers.

Using Swagger in VGC is stupid though.

As for a terrible TTar, maybe a specs Ttar? No rock STAB, and you lose out on Pursuit which is one of the biggest strengths. Though the special movepool is deceptively large.

Or do a physically defensive Ttar.

Edited by DoofInAHat

Serious question, is there a way to make Tyranitar "terrible"?

It seems like the more fighting types added to the game, the more important it become >_>

make Focus Blast 100% accurate, make Sandstorm Hail level bad :Kappa:

Edited by shadykid