Pokemon X/Y General Thread

Quintessence

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the two other starters are made relevant by their hidden abilities and Delphox's hidden ability is pretty bad. Also, its movepool is pretty limited and his signature move(Mystical Fire) is underwhelming when compared to Water Shuriken and Spiky Shield. Doesn't help that his typing leaves him weak to a lot of common moves and that its stat distribution is nothing to noteworthy.

Yeah, because items hold no importance at all in battling whatsoever. Secondly, Delphox's biggest attraction is in it's support move pool. Light Screen, Switcheroo, Will-O-Wisp, Calm Mind, Wish, Magic Coat. Lastly, it's stats are no less noteworthy than the other starters. It's faster than Garchomp, with good Sp.Atk and Sp.Def.

Honestly, I think you're selling Delphox a bit too short.

Assault vest tyranitar on sand doesn't really mind focus blast that much, does it?

3HKO by weaker ones, 2HKO by stronger ones

So, as a whole, its not that big if a problem

Mega Lucario is the closest thing that IMO can make it "terrible", even then it can still run Scarftar, and BP Luke has kinda terribru coverage >_>

EDIT: WHOA I found a rather cool pokemon that nobody have ever hyped before!

TESTING TIME

Edited by Eradicator Boner

lol, I don't even use Pokemon-Amie

any benefits?

Depending on how high the Pokemon's affection is raised, there are a few.

1. Critical hit ratio and evasion are increased.

2. The Pokemon has a chance to cure confusion, paralysis, burns, poison, and sleep more quickly than normal.

3. The Pokemon has a chance to survive fatal hits (unknown if it's a Focus Sash or Focus Band effect).

4. The Pokemon can gain increased EXP.

And that's it, really. Was kind of hoping there was an "increased EV yield" for this, but we have Pokerus for that function. *shrugs*

Depending on how high the Pokemon's affection is raised, there are a few.

1. Critical hit ratio and evasion are increased.

2. The Pokemon has a chance to cure confusion, paralysis, burns, poison, and sleep more quickly than normal.

3. The Pokemon has a chance to survive fatal hits (unknown if it's a Focus Sash or Focus Band effect).

4. The Pokemon can gain increased EXP.

And that's it, really. Was kind of hoping there was an "increased EV yield" for this, but we have Pokerus for that function. *shrugs*

... Do these apply in battles with other players? I doubt they would, but... Wouldn't be the first time Game Freak makes me facepalm.

Yeah, I believe Pokemon Amie effects are disabled during competitive battles, probably to make things all fair and good...which isn't bad in and of itself.

Yeah, because items hold no importance at all in battling whatsoever. Secondly, Delphox's biggest attraction is in it's support move pool. Light Screen, Switcheroo, Will-O-Wisp, Calm Mind, Wish, Magic Coat. Lastly, it's stats are no less noteworthy than the other starters. It's faster than Garchomp, with good Sp.Atk and Sp.Def.

Honestly, I think you're selling Delphox a bit too short.

Well, magician is pretty useless because Delphox shouldn't be using contact move, it stops him from holding a non-consumable item and it already has switcheroo. As for the support movepool, other pokemon can do the same thing as him better. He's not a horrible pokemon, but he's extremely average when compared to the other starters and their abilities or to other fire types like chandelure and Volcarona.

So, yeah a somewhat preliminary pokemon ranking tier

Perhaps the best pokemon in the (meta)game:

Tyranitar

I have a boner because they are stupidly amazing Tier:

Zygarde

Klefki

Goodra

Mega-Lucario

Scizor

Police Knight Tier:

Police Knight

Very good:

Gyarados

Excadrill

Ferrothorn

Pretty amazing:

Togekiss

Azumarill

Decent:

"My secret weapon"

Aegislash

Nobody used them, and I don't see exactly why:

Politoed and its cronies

Anyone who said Zygarde is terrible is dumb, just saying. So that includes almost every pokemon player in the world, myself included

I think I'm gonna try to test Mega!Bannete after this

How is zygarde compared to master god lovely Garchomp?

Whenever I see it, I can only think that it's a worse garchomp, which isn't bad in itself

Zygarde got Coil, and is better defensively. Ground/Dragon isn't really the best defensive type though...

He may have more use in Doubles, considering it's the only time you'll use its signature move, and his ability can have some uses.

I'm not totally sure of how it should be used...

People missed several stuff

1. Its as bulky as freaking Hippowdon, a pokemon so bulky it can take +2 CC from Lucario and survive Celebi Leaf Storm with proper EV. Thats the equivalent of 360 EFP and 420 EFP. If you think Garchomp's ability to survive random Ice move is insane, this thing is even worse

2. It have Dragon Dance, something that Garchomp only dreamt of having, and Coil that nobody relevant have

3. STAB EQ from 100 ATK Hurts no matter how you cut it. People are way too used to seeing 130 and 140's in action to the point that they forgot to do actual damage calculation. The fact that some players considered Mewtwo to be "more broken than Ubers" should be enough proof

4. Depending on EV allocations, Coil Zyg does not even fear Togekiss.

5. Extremespeed for Trolling

Basically it is the Dragonite to Garchomp Salamence. Except it started as Gen 5 Dragonite instead of Gen 4 Dragonite. I'm surprised that this thing only have 600 BST considering how stupid good it is

Well, magician is pretty useless because Delphox shouldn't be using contact move, it stops him from holding a non-consumable item and it already has switcheroo. As for the support movepool, other pokemon can do the same thing as him better. He's not a horrible pokemon, but he's extremely average when compared to the other starters and their abilities or to other fire types like chandelure and Volcarona.

From what I've read, Magician works with any attack. It would mention in the ability description if it relied on physical contact, but it just says whenever it hits with a move.

Chesnaught is a whole lot more average if you ask me, especially with all the Talonflames around. The only noteworthy moves that Bulletproof blocks is Shadow Ball and Focus Blast, and maybe Sludge Bomb.

Edited by Shuuda

The problem with Fox is the fact that its a mediocre Special attacking pokemon in an environment where you have not one, but two stop button to special attacker

I think it actually have TONS of potential, if you can handle said stop button properly. 114 Spe is cool

EDIT: Goodra is so good, but why does it have severe 4 MSS lol

I don't know why you guys are saying Delphox is bad. My Delphox is fast and powerful and OHKOs quite a bit. :/

So anyone want a battle? I'm still kinda eager to battle again. lol

I don't know why you guys are saying Delphox is bad. My Delphox is fast and powerful and OHKOs quite a bit. :/

So anyone want a battle? I'm still kinda eager to battle again. lol

Because they're talking about competitive battles, where delphox IS very mediocre.

For in game, it's fine

Delphox is even owned in the battle thingy in lumiose. The institute iirc

eh

institute is pretty scrubby tho

Zygarde got Coil, and is better defensively. Ground/Dragon isn't really the best defensive type though...

He may have more use in Doubles, considering it's the only time you'll use its signature move, and his ability can have some uses.

I'm not totally sure of how it should be used...

BWAHAHAHA

considering that 1) Xerneas and Yveltal will be banned in VGC (as will Zygarde, for some dumb reason) and 2) neither of them care about Aura Break and set up for free anyway, no