Pokemon X/Y General Thread

Quintessence

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update on the Wonder Trade Run as of catching Xerneas:

At this point, I'm relaxing the challenge. I'm not turning off the Exp. Share. The temp-trade I did with Delphox revealed perfect Def/SpAtk/Speed IVs.

The Psychic gym was also easy...though Zoroark fell in one blow against the first trainer's Exeggutor. No big loss, its nature was off anyway.

Two deaths...Fearow against Team Flare's Contrary Superpower Malamar, and Probopass against a stupid route trainer's Pinsir packing Superpower. I seem to have a bad track record with deaths against Fighting moves, and I'm not going to risk Delphox dying to a cheap Ground or Rock attack.

But also three acquisitions...Seaking, Chingling (wild = good IVs) and a replacement Fletchling for the one that was killed so early on. The last two should help me against the Fighting-types once they're caught up.

Yveltal did not set up for free on Zygurde

In fact blocking Yveltal is about the only thing Zygurde can do in relation to the others lol

for most Zygarde sets I'm seeing, the only thing they can do to Yveltal is either throw an Outrage at it or force it out with Dragon Tail

for most Zygarde sets I'm seeing, the only thing they can do to Yveltal is either throw an Outrage at it or force it out with Dragon Tail

Using Outrage on Zygarde, are you freaking shitting me

I mean, why would you use Outrage besides maybe for Garchomp and other Zygarde?

Anyway some random calcs

Bland Zygarde takes

Focus Blast

38.7% - 45.7%

Oblivion Wing:

36.1% - 42.9%

HP Ice

77.3% - 91.9%

Dark Pulse

27.2% - 32.2%

+1 Stone Edge

72.3% - 85.5%

+1 Extremespeed

29% - 34.4%

Pretty nice match ups, although the Edge(pun intended) is definitely on Yveltal

Edited by Eradicator Boner

Because smogon set should be used over anything else or something?

I prefer not locking Zyg into Outrage tbh, and Fairy existing only make it harder

Either way EdgeQuake coverage is pretty underrated in general, being unresisted besides Breloom, Chesnaught, and Zong is pretty damn good, not to mention doing well against Togekiss

Edited by Eradicator Boner

Okay, how come I'm still not stylish enough to go in the Lumiose boutique? I did a bunch of stuff, including things that raise stylishness the most, like working at the hotel and talking to Alexa. I also rode a Gogoat, took a taxi twice, made a PR video, and did Restaurant Le Nah. Maybe I should also do Restaurant Le Yeah? And how do I get a pass to ride the train?

Edited by Anacybele

The pass is given to you in the postgame. You can also repeat stuff until they let you in, I think.

Oh, I didn't know you could repeat stuff. xP

And I'm actually about to finally challenge the league now, so I'll be able to get that pass soon.

Oh, I didn't know you could repeat stuff. xP

And I'm actually about to finally challenge the league now, so I'll be able to get that pass soon.

There is a pretty cheap trick to raise stylishness extremely quickly: 1st, makes sure you have all the O-powers except the Hatching one. 2nd, Go to Lumiose's Pokeball boutique(autumnal avenue I think) and buy Premier ball 1 at a time until you have around 150-200 premier ball(using the discount O-power and reselling said balls later makes it less of a waste of money). Then go at the Café Introversion. If Mr. Bonding is there, congratulation, you have achieved Maximum style.

Edited by LuxSpes

I beat the league! Without even losing once! I think that's a first for me. I thought I was going to get beat a couple times though. I actually had trouble with Wikstrom because of his Probopass. >_<

Of course Siebold gave me some trouble as well. But I've officially completed the game! The ending was so sweet and touching too! Nearly brought a tear to my eye. ^^

I hardly expected that battle with AZ though. I mean, I'd heard that you do battle him at some point, but I never thought it would be at the game's ending. lol

I've found a good way to check whether you are allowed into the Lumiose Boutique - the price of the Kanto Starter Mega Stone. If he says it's 150,000 or less, you're probably stylish enough to get in. Also around that level of style, the salon will offer the hidden haircuts - the perm for boys and ponytail/pigtails for girls. Finally, I can look something like Anna.

I know I have to complete the Looker Missions and have a decently high style to get into Sushi High Roller. My question is, do I also have to get all of the stars at the other restaurants? Don't want to go through Le Wow's Triple and Rotation Battles again with the Protect spammers spoiling the meal.

Leaving on the Exp. Share trivialized my run. But, Mawile turned out to have four perfect IVs (Defense and Special Attack are the flawed ones). I would never have known that if I had lost it in the run.

Rigged catches and got my eight eevees

Vaporeon with hp and sp.atk ivs

Jolteon with sp atck and sp def and timid nature

Flareon with brave and atk and sp def ivs

Espeon with hasty and sp atck sp def and sp AND MAGIC BOUNCE

Umbreon with hp and sp def ivs and bold/relaxed iirc AND INNER FOCUS

Leafeon with adamant and perfect def sp and hp iirc

Glaceon with relaxed/bold and sp atck and sp def

Sylveon with calm and perfect hp and sp atck

Friend safari/10

Edited by Quintessence

I've found a good way to check whether you are allowed into the Lumiose Boutique - the price of the Kanto Starter Mega Stone. If he says it's 150,000 or less, you're probably stylish enough to get in. Also around that level of style, the salon will offer the hidden haircuts - the perm for boys and ponytail/pigtails for girls. Finally, I can look something like Anna.

I know I have to complete the Looker Missions and have a decently high style to get into Sushi High Roller. My question is, do I also have to get all of the stars at the other restaurants? Don't want to go through Le Wow's Triple and Rotation Battles again with the Protect spammers spoiling the meal.

Leaving on the Exp. Share trivialized my run. But, Mawile turned out to have four perfect IVs (Defense and Special Attack are the flawed ones). I would never have known that if I had lost it in the run.

I was able to enter the Sushi High roller after meeting Looker and gaining max style due to the 'trick' I mentioned in my above post. I didn't have to go through all the other restaurants.

Either way EdgeQuake coverage is pretty underrated in general, being unresisted besides Breloom, Chesnaught, and Zong is pretty damn good, not to mention doing well against Togekiss

also claydol and flygon

not running outrage is generally a bad idea, though. i think very rarely you want to eschew a primary STAB for coverage - the best example i can think of is GSC mewtwo where having submission is more important than having psychic.

I was able to enter the Sushi High roller after meeting Looker and gaining max style due to the 'trick' I mentioned in my above post. I didn't have to go through all the other restaurants.

Thanks.

I tested using my other file - I can go into Sushi High Roller, I don't have the Hatching O-Power, and the Kanto Mega Stone is 50,000.

I only care because the NPC-block there is probably the worst out of all the NPC-blocks in the Pokemon games

Edited by Chrom-ulent