Pokemon X/Y General Thread

Quintessence

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just tried out Wonder Trade for the first time. I did two trades. And I don't like it. At all. I got Pokemon that I already had. Very common ones too, while I traded off rares. I feel totally ripped off. I haven't even gotten that many Pokemon, I can't believe BOTH trades gave me ones I already obtained. So much for this feature. I'm never using it again. I'm sticking to the GTS.

It's completely up to chance. I've gotten everything from a Bunnelby (and even that wasn't a complete loss, because it has Pickup) to an adamant Growlithe with perfect Attack/Speed IVs.

Speaking of that Growlithe. . .Wonder Trade run done!

- Gallade, despite being Modest, did a lot of work.

- Arcanine had pretty good type coverage (Crunch/Flare Blitz/Outrage/Reversal), and was bulky enough to take hits from Mega Gardevoir.

- Floette stayed Floette because I'm running out of Shiny Stones. She gave Drasna a headache.

- Farfetch'd can OHKO Hawlucha. Acrobatics FTW!

- Tank Doublade was just as awesome as I remember her.

- Vileplume was Roserade V.2.

Other than the stupid amount of resources necessary to evolve most of my team, it worked out in the end. I wonder what would happen if Gallade was Adamant instead of Modest. . .

NEXT GIMMICK RUN: I've done GTS. I've done Wonder Trade. Now. . .I RNG the people whose Friend Safaris I have, then RNG WHICH Pokemon out of their Safari I use. Tee-hee~!

NEXT GIMMICK RUN: I've done GTS. I've done Wonder Trade. Now. . .I RNG the people whose Friend Safaris I have, then RNG WHICH Pokemon out of their Safari I use. Tee-hee~!

so what happens if none of them are available in the first half of the game

I'm not restarting, because I have way too many items I want to keep (like, my entire wardrobe). I'm literally catching whatever fancies me, then raising them to give me a bunch of money in the E4.

This time, my team is. . .

- Mawile (Lax/Sheer Force, with tank IVs)

- Muk (Serious/Sticky Hold/max Special Attack IVs. . .oh gosh, I'm being trolled. . .)

- Mienshao (It's Adamant and Reckless, I'm not complaining)

- Blissey (it's, uh, Rash with Natural Cure, and maxed IVs in the Special categories. . . :sweatdrop: )

- Haxorus (Serious, check. Rivalry, check. Max IVs in Special Attack. . .check)

- Zebstrika (Naive/Lightning Rod. . .AT LEAST IT'S FAST!)

Muk's job will be to not die in one hit against Mega Gardevoir.

EDIT: I take the first one that I can catch, ability/nature aside.

EDIT2: Now with everything relevant!

Edited by eclipse

which ones give you the non-elemental stones anyway?

time to brush up on sub-20 second times

Err the ones that not have Venasaur, Charizard and Blastoise. Iirc, the ones with Gallade, Roserade and Aegislash. That's lv. 5 Super training iirc

edit: check this out http://www.serebii.net/xy/supertraining.shtml

Edited by Quintessence

I've now seen all of the Pokemon in the Central Kalos Pokedex! Before I move onto the Coastal dex though, I'm going to finally do some battling in the Battle Maison and get some new held items for my team. Btw, did you all know that "maison" is French for house or mansion? ;)

Btw, did you all know that "maison" is French for house or mansion? ;)

As a native French speaker, it was pretty entertaining to play this game and see all the various French words that were used.

It was entertaining for me too because I love the French language and learned some of it myself in school. I was able to translate a lot of the words. Though my French is rather rusty. It's been awhile since high school, after all. lol

Predictable joke is predictable.

Also, Kyogre 3 points ahead of Rayquaza \o/

of course, but it's still good

superior legendary in front? good

maybe I can roll out my Lucario/Azumarill/Mega Gardevoir team for Battle Maison? I'm totally relying on Pokemon with guaranteed perfect IVs here :lol

Normal: Gliscor with 80 Spe(Jolly 252 Scor outspeed regardless)

.... actually thats it

Mega's are a little bit more complicated. BP Lucario did not need to outspeed Normal Gengar. 100 Benchies is self explanatory

But honestly if you did not give the EV to speed, where are you going to put it anyway?

Edited by Eradicator Boner

You want to outspeed +Spd base 110s, at the very least, since +2 Crunch probably OHKOs the Latis and +2 CC probably OHKOs all the Swords of Justice. I doubt any extra Speed beyond that is useful aside from taking on other Mega Lucarios.

Slightly related due to the poll, but does anyone feel that Kyogre and Groudon shouldn't have been affected by the perma-weather nerf? While I'm happy that Drizzle Politoad and company got nerfed, I thought that flavor-wise, legendary pokemon(that are banned in most normal plays) who bring endless rain/sun shouldn't be limited to the same condition than an unworthy toad.