Pokemon X/Y General Thread

Quintessence

Yeah, I guess it was just really bad luck.

On another note, I now have gotten over 100 different Pokemon and my 100th was a critical capture. ^^

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I guess it was just really bad luck.

On another note, I now have gotten over 100 different Pokemon and my 100th was a critical capture. ^^

They might get more frequent, since the critical capture rate augments as you catch more pokémons.

I was so happy when I saw Tackle with 100 acc, I lost battles because it missed before. And it missed a lot ;_;

I almost removed Hi Jump Kick from my Hawlucha because he was missing it too much at first, and he was starting to get behind my other poke since he would always die :c

Poor Bugs. Gamefreak really tried hard to make bugs awesome the last generation and now they got an extra type that resists them.

I don't mind steel losing two of its resistances at all. I always disliked going up against steel types past gen because they resisted a little bit too much in my opinion.

Ice could use some more love as well. They got freeze dry, but other then that there hasn't been done anything with them at all this gen aside from making hail more crappy.

Poor Bugs. Gamefreak really tried hard to make bugs awesome the last generation and now they got an extra type that resists them.

I don't mind steel losing two of its resistances at all. I always disliked going up against steel types past gen because they resisted a little bit too much in my opinion.

Ice could use some more love as well. They got freeze dry, but other then that there hasn't been done anything with them at all this gen aside from making hail more crappy.

funnily enought, the two best bugs (scizor and volcarona) like the fairy introduction.

Edited by Nobody

The only type that needs buffing is Grass, all the other suck anyway

The thing I didn't like about Steel losing resistances was that it was exactly two types that Metagross's other type is weak to, and honestly, if Steel resists Psychic, why won't it resist Ghost and Dark too? And Meteor Mash getting nerfed too. why you do this to the pokaymanz I like GF?

You'll have to explain to me how bugs were awesome last gen.

And ice definitely needs some love.

And while the nerf to steel's defenses is great I'm butthurt cause it gave Metagross and Bronzong 2 more weaknesses

funnily enought, the two best bugs (scizor and volcarona) like the fairy introduction.

(I still don't get how someone thought it was a good idea to create Mega Scizor. He's definitely not a pokemon that needed a Mega boost IMO. Same can be said for some other Megas)

And while the nerf to steel's defenses is great I'm butthurt cause it gave Metagross and Bronzong 2 more weaknesses

(I still don't get how someone thought it was a good idea to create Mega Scizor. He's definitely not a pokemon that needed a Mega boost IMO. Same can be said for some other Megas)

You're not the only one, although in my case it's only Metagross

*looks at Blaziken*

*looks at Scepitile and Swampert*

*shakes fist angrily at GF*

But really, I will never understand GF's logic

Edited by Tonton

You'll have to explain to me how bugs were awesome last gen.

Well what I meant to say was that generation 5 showed a little more love to bugs then the other generations did. In previous gens many bug types where kind of bad or crutch pokemon aside from a few exception like Scizor, Heracross and a few others. Meanwhile gen 5 introduced a lot of bug types and while I can't say much about how viable those mons are in competitive play, I can say that they are statistically better then most bugs received earlier.

Accelgor, Leavanny, Scolipede, Excavalier, Galvantula and Volcarona are all pretty decent/good and all where released in gen 5.

You're not the only one, although in my case it's only Metagross

*looks at Blaziken*

*looks at Scepitile and Swampert*

*shakes fist angrily at GF*

But really, I will never understand GF's logic

I kinda like bronzong since I used it in my first serious double team(trick room team) in PBR and he was quite good.

Well what I meant to say was that generation 5 showed a little more love to bugs then the other generations did. In previous gens many bug types where kind of bad or crutch pokemon aside from a few exception like Scizor, Heracross and a few others. Meanwhile gen 5 introduced a lot of bug types and while I can't say much about how viable those mons are in competitive play, I can say that they are statistically better then most bugs received earlier.

Accelgor, Leavanny, Scolipede, Excavalier, Galvantula and Volcarona are all pretty decent/good and all where released in gen 5.

I guess I can see that. Yes, the gen 5 Bugs were good, but overall, GF seems to completely forget them.

I guess I can see that. Yes, the gen 5 Bugs were good, but overall, GF seems to completely forget them.

Gen 1: lets ignore it. Gen 1 is basically "Alakazam tried to dominate the game but failed in front of Tauros" anyway

Gen 2: For a generation that is known as "The gen where terrible pokemon resides in", they made Heracross

Gen 3: Heracross gets 900.000 amount of buff to the point that it is banned from tournaments

Gen 4: Bug gets one of the best move in the game. Heracross gets CC and proceed to dominate DP. Scizor gets Bullet Punch and proceed to dominate the usage stats ever since. Yanmega is made

Gen 5: Scizor get the partner he was asking for since Gen 4.... and ends up dominating the usage list. GF made tons of new bug, one of which is still OU despite being 4x SR weak(lolcharizardwho)

Gen 6: One of the reason why Fairy might not be as broken as Water type: They lose to Scizor. The early game bug is not shitty(although, to be fair, this gen's early game trash are not shitty at all). Scolipede gained Speed Boost, and 3 Bugs get a Mega Evo(and only Heracross Mega is terrible anyway)

If anything, Its less "GF forgot Bugs" and more "Bug of the month stole the spotlight from everyone", and this month the bug happen to be Scizor.

Now, if only I can say the same for Ice types beside like Mamo and Cloyster

Edited by Eradicator Boner

I decided to try Multi Battles for giggles. My partner is. . .unlisted and interesting.

Excadrill@Brightpowder

Sand Force

- Earthquake

- Poison Jab

- Sandstorm

- Rock Slide

Give Ice a Flying, Water and Ghost resist and everything would be awesome. (Those three types can be associated with the cold)

Ice immunity too. you know it'd be awesome

Gen 1: lets ignore it. Gen 1 is basically "Alakazam tried to dominate the game but failed in front of Tauros" anyway

Alakazam usually beats Tauros one-on-one if you use Thunder Wave.

Gen 3: Heracross gets 900.000 amount of buff to the point that it is banned from tournaments

I've never actually seen Heracross banned from Gen 3 OU tournaments...

Man, that's a lot. You better start releasing some things or you can give me any decent shit you don't want and release the crap I give you

When the Pokébank is out, you should have a lot more boxes. You'll also have to pay for it, but that's a minor detail