Pokemon X/Y General Thread

Quintessence

Wow, it's a consumable item? Now there's absolutely no way I'm buying one of those. At least I thought that it was a key item. By the time it takes to get one, I'd probably be able to breed a 5IV pokemon with the good ability. Added to the fact that it doesn't work for Hidden Abilities, this item is completely useless and is not worth 200 BP. I'm happy I discovered this before trying to grind the BPs for it.

Yep.

The only use I can see for it would be if you have get a shiny pokemon when breeding for IVs and it actually has near perfect IVs and nature but the wrong non-hidden ability.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I caught Zapdos! Luckily, I only had to find it a few more times before it went to the Sea Spirit's Den, though it still took awhile. Another legendary bird should eventually show up next, right?

I caught Zapdos! Luckily, I only had to find it a few more times before it went to the Sea Spirit's Den, though it still took awhile. Another legendary bird should eventually show up next, right?

Too bad, it seems you only get one legendary bird, depending on your starter =(

Too bad, it seems you only get one legendary bird, depending on your starter =(

...What. I thought I heard someone say awhile back that they got all three birds. This was on another site, of course. And I'm positive they were talking about gen 6.

No, they said they caught them all. Though they didn't specify how many copies of the games they had. So I guess they might have picked different starters in three different copies.

But that's stupid. Just as stupid as being able to only get one legendary beast in RSE. I don't want any stupid Zapdos, I caught it assuming that another bird would spawn once it was caught/defeated and for its dex entry. If someone wants one, they can take mine. I'd much rather have an Articuno or Moltres. I never liked Zapdos.

As soon as I have Articuno, I would be willing to trade for something with you. Is your version X or Y?

I can just transfer the other birds later. I can get them in both LeafGreen and Platinum anyway, lol.

Edited by Tonton

No, they said they caught them all. Though they didn't specify how many copies of the games they had. So I guess they might have picked different starters in three different copies.

But that's stupid. Just as stupid as being able to only get one legendary beast in RSE. I don't want any stupid Zapdos, I caught it assuming that another bird would spawn once it was caught/defeated and for its dex entry. If someone wants one, they can take mine. I'd much rather have an Articuno or Moltres. I never liked Zapdos.

I haven't bothered looking for my game's Moltres since I'm planning on transferring the legendary birds (and, well, all of the legendaries in general) to my X Version, but if you want mine I'll go looking for it. I'd probably never bother finding it otherwise.....

You kidding? Catching those damn birds in Platinum was frustrating as HELL. The reason? They knew ROOST. >_>

I managed to get lucky and catch Zapdos with an Ultra Ball at full health. But getting all three still took forever.

Is this a mistake; I'm running Mamoswine, and I'm investing on Attack and HP EVs, instead of speed. Mamoswine's speed isn't all that great anyway, and it does have Ice shard to partially get over that issue.

Edited by Mister Sunshine Sprinkles

My Reuniclus is running trick room, so I was planning on running a team that would function well, whether it was up or not.

The problem I have with Mamoswine is that it's speed is at the middle of the road, so I spent so much time just stopping to think about what to do. Should I focus more on its bulk, or should I fully invest on speed. But I guess speed is for the better; I'll just have Mamoswine as my lead.

Shit, I got lucky. I saved right after I maxed out Attack, and before I started training up Hp.

Edited by Mister Sunshine Sprinkles

It's a bit of a pain in the ass having to open the Pokedex every time just to see that it is in the other side of Kalos >_>

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum were much better to search for roaming pokemon

You can stay in a route for hours to find rare pokemons and the legendary bird should appear tons of times.

I recall catching Abras and Zapdos appeared 9 or 10 times, until he flew to the Den.

edit: and it wasn't necessary to exit and reenter routes.

Edited by Quintessence

Yeah, pretty much

There are boring but practical stuff like Supporting pokemon who have high attack, or those like Megasaur, but those two are pretty much the poster boy

Edited by Eradicator Boner