Pokemon X/Y General Thread

Quintessence

Well, berries hadn't yet sprouted on the tree at the time, so I had no idea what color the berry would've been, as I couldn't remember which one I planted there. :P

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm aware, but you don't actually see Pokemon at your berry trees very often, so there's a pretty slim chance I'd find a female Combee there. xP

Also, I know about the Cute Charm trick, but thanks.

On another note, I now have gotten 200 different Pokemon! Wee. ^^

They seem to pop up once or twice a day (potentially).

Just keep at it and you'll have a ton of Female Combees. I'm sitting on about...5 or 6 atm.

Wild Politoed is such a troll. I miss my sleep powder and it decides to Perish song and Bounce. >_< I finally caught but it's still bugging me. Now I only need 42 more pokemon for the oval charm~

Normal Maison Singles shouldn't be too bad, managed to cheese my way though with Aurorus dual screens (I know, I know) and Mega-Blaziken/Starmie. Super Singles is terrible though >_> Like, I'm levelling up my fully EV trained Fraxure for Outrage now, and I don't think that'll be enough.

I think I've seen something similar using three Lightningrod Zapdos with Discharge against Skyla in a hack.

I'm not sure if Lightningrod works the same way, but it should be Thunderbolt instead

Discharge give +1 while Thunderbolt gives +2

Wild Politoed is such a troll. I miss my sleep powder and it decides to Perish song and Bounce. >_< I finally caught but it's still bugging me. Now I only need 42 more pokemon for the oval charm~

This is one of the Pokemon I legit thought would screw me when I was working on the Kalosdex. It got a Perish Song off then I caught it in a Dive Ball.

...At full health.

Edited by Interest

I'm not sure if Lightningrod works the same way, but it should be Thunderbolt instead

Discharge give +1 while Thunderbolt gives +2

Discharge affects team members and opponents. Thunderbolt only affects one target.

Besides I'm not sure where you're pulling off that +2. All the absorb abilities that give a stat up is +1 whether you go with Bubble or a full powered Water Spout in rain.

You can catch wild Politoed? Ugh, I wish I had known that before using my only King's Rock to get one. -_-

I had to check how many King's Rocks I had. When I realized I only had one and getting more was a bitch, I resigned myself to fishing for an hour.

Well, I'll probably just do more Battle Maison and get another one with BP. Going to have to get one somehow eventually, as Slowpoke also requires one to evolve into Slowking.

On another note, thank the gods my first Quick Ball caught this Electrode. I forgot that the damn things like using Self-Destruct. >_>

Well, I'll probably just do more Battle Maison and get another one with BP. Going to have to get one somehow eventually, as Slowpoke also requires one to evolve into Slowking.

On another note, thank the gods my first Quick Ball caught this Electrode. I forgot that the damn things like using Self-Destruct. >_>

You can't get king's rock from the maison. The same goes for Iron Coat. :/

Get something with Damp. No more kabooms.

You can't get king's rock from the maison. The same goes for Iron Coat. :/

A Compound Eyes lead is good to help find items, for example a Galvantula. Thief helps too, and its in his learnset.

One can even farm Expert Belts off of wild Sawks and Throhs.

Edited by Woodshooter

I had to check how many King's Rocks I had. When I realized I only had one and getting more was a bitch, I resigned myself to fishing for an hour.

There are a few other Pokemon that can hold a King's Rock, and most of them are easier to encounter than Politoed. Poliwhirl and Hariyama can both be found in the Friend Safari pretty easily. Like Woodshooter said above, if your lead has Compoundeyes, it will increase the chance of a wild Pokemon having a hold item. Combine that with a high-lever Thief-user, and you don't even need to waste Pokeballs.

Metal Coat and Dragon Scale can be gotten in a similar manner.

Well I finally got X today thanks to a certain someone who knows who they are.

Enjoying the beginning thus far, liking the music of this first forest too

Pickup can grant King's Rocks.

It's rare but they're around at a low level.

Hence why it's a bit of a bitch ;3

There are a few other Pokemon that can hold a King's Rock, and most of them are easier to encounter than Politoed. Poliwhirl and Hariyama can both be found in the Friend Safari pretty easily. Like Woodshooter said above, if your lead has Compoundeyes, it will increase the chance of a wild Pokemon having a hold item. Combine that with a high-lever Thief-user, and you don't even need to waste Pokeballs.

Metal Coat and Dragon Scale can be gotten in a similar manner.

Interesting to know. Guess I'll keep that in mind if I want to get moar though I already finished so.

Edited by Interest

Postgame. Kiloude City.

Alright and what determines the Pokémon in it? Complete randomness? Or does it pull a Dragon Warrior and depend on your input name

Discharge affects team members and opponents. Thunderbolt only affects one target.

Besides I'm not sure where you're pulling off that +2. All the absorb abilities that give a stat up is +1 whether you go with Bubble or a full powered Water Spout in rain.

Gen 6 Storm Drain - if a single targetting move from ally is absorbed, you get +2

Cartridge self test by going to Le Wow Triple with Gastrodon mid, Ludicolo and Greninja left using Hydro Pump

Hilariously this have not been talked about in smogon or gfaqs at all, so can't really find a source