Pokemon X/Y General Thread

Quintessence

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't tell if sarcasm lol

Definitely not sarcasm, apologies if it seemed that way. Life Orb Ambipom is always a fun poke to run. It's also a pokemon I've yet to get haha. I'll go ahead and add you! My FC is in my sig, if you'd be so kind.

Edited by DualSilverGunner

Definitely not sarcasm, apologies if it seemed that way. Life Orb Ambipom is always a fun poke to run. It's also a pokemon I've yet to get haha. I'll go ahead and add you! My FC is in my sig, if you'd be so kind.

I'll add when I can. Internet for my 3DS is sparse here at job corps

My safari is useless. It's a Ghost type that doesn't give any Pokemon that you can't already find in another SF user's safari. Lame, I know...

No where near as lame as mine. At least Ghost type is interesting and gives fairly interesting pokes. I'm freaking BUG TYPE! And I don't even give cool or strong bugs; I have Combee, Illumise and Vivillon. Try doing anything worthwhile with those.... >_>

No where near as lame as mine. At least Ghost type is interesting and gives fairly interesting pokes. I'm freaking BUG TYPE! And I don't even give cool or strong bugs; I have Combee, Illumise and Vivillon. Try doing anything worthwhile with those.... >_>

I actually have been looking for a FS with Volbeat or Illuminise .-.

I like Vespaquin or however that's spelled

@Tonton: I registered you if you really want it. Its nice to see that some people need it for completions sake, at least...

Edited by Silver Lightning

My X nuzlocke is crazy so far. I gave myself the option to wonder trade a catch, with the condition that the recieved pkmn has to be lv1 [+3 for every obtained gym badge.] so i have to keep trading until i have something that could max be lv 25.

Right now, before i have beaten gym 1. I got caterpie, bunnelby, scatterbug and pidgey. All crap natures. Kept the pie.

The others i traded, recieving an adaptability eevee, lv1 ninetale with hex, flamethrower and imprison, and a charmander. The hell...? Tempted to trade the ninetales away because op.

My safari is useless. It's a Ghost type that doesn't give any Pokemon that you can't already find in another SF user's safari. Lame, I know...

Uh? You are the only one that have Dusclops, I don't know anybody that has Dusclops, a really cool poke.

I like Vespaquin or however that's spelled

0/10

Vespiquen. Be sorry! :P:

Edited by Quintessence

Golurk and Lampent at least have good HAs (I don't know if you have them). I think the only useful thing in mine is Golurk, though. :/ Edited by Comet

Having a Vivillon Safari is helpful for anyone trying to trade for different Vivillon patterns, as you can easily catch your pattern without having to evolve. Illumise is good for the above reasons, but also because Volbeat is Human-like and Bug, so it can make a good 5 IV father for those two egg groups. I have a Timid 5 IV (-Atk) Volbeat that I use for breeding things like Abra, special Riolu, Larvesta, and Joltik. If you're going for completion, having Combee in a safari allows you to hunt for a female quickly, especially with a Cute Charmer.

You don't have the best bugs, I'll admit that, but I like the Bug type better than the Ghost type. I'm just not a ghost person. Or a bug person, but I like more Bug types than Ghost types at the moment.

On another note, I've done what I've needed to do to get that Mega Ring upgrade, so once 8PM hits, can I get Aggron's Mega Stone this way? Or is it one of those Y exclusives? I know Pokemon Bank stil isn't open yet, but it doesn't hurt to get the...Aggronite, I'm assuming it's called, so can use it right away when I bring my shiny Aggron over.

Edited by Anacybele

Having a Vivillon Safari is helpful for anyone trying to trade for different Vivillon patterns, as you can easily catch your pattern without having to evolve. Illumise is good for the above reasons, but also because Volbeat is Human-like and Bug, so it can make a good 5 IV father for those two egg groups. I have a Timid 5 IV (-Atk) Volbeat that I use for breeding things like Abra, special Riolu, Larvesta, and Joltik. If you're going for completion, having Combee in a safari allows you to hunt for a female quickly, especially with a Cute Charmer....

...Eh, I suppose. As long as its useful to people, that's good. I didn't think it was, but hey.

Also, does anyone have a Houndour they'd be willing to trade me? X exclusive, and I don't have another 3DS on hand to trade between my versions at the moment.

Also, does anyone have a Houndour they'd be willing to trade me? X exclusive, and I don't have another 3DS on hand to trade between my versions at the moment.

I don't have one at the moment, but I can catch you one. In return, can I have a Skrelp? Y exclusive. lol

Also, I noticed you changed your trainer's hair style to make it even shorter. Is this supposed to mean you got a haircut or something in real life? Just curious. :P

Sure! You can have one of my extra baby Skrelps that I bred the other day. Just poke me in game when you're ready. :)

Actually, my current hairstyle in Y is the ponytail (In X, its the twintails); the profile picture doesn't seem to show that very well, and makes it seem like I have even shorter hair, probably because its tied back. I have shoulder length hair in real life, so its just an in-game aesthetic change, since I wanted to try something new. Although I did use to have very long hair, I cut it a few years ago when it became very apparent that I wouldn't have the height to make it look normal.

Okay, just give me a few minutes. I'm also in the hour where I can find Mega Stones, so I'm also trying to hunt down some of them to add to my collection of nice stuffs. lol

And I see now! I was going to change to the pony tail too in a bit because my hair is long enough for it. lol I love my long hair, even if my shade of blonde is a bit dull and dark. I'm going to get some highlights soon though and get the front trimmed some. But I'm never making it short again, I looked like a complete dork that way.

Are you a short person though, to think that long hair wouldn't look good on you? If so, that's nonsense! I'm only about 5 feet tall and my long hair suits me, imo.

Edited by Anacybele

Ok, I'll just go do some chores in the meantime, so don't rush, since it takes a while to get all of those stones.

Haha, I'm actually a little shorter than you. And I'm very petite in stature, so it only makes me look even smaller (except for my bust. I HATE my bust size; looks too big for someone my size, even if it isn't actually that big DX), and while long hair worked for most of my younger years well enough, when I was in high school people (mostly my mom) kept complaining to me that it was too long and made me look bogged down because of it, so I cut it to get them to stop bothering me about it. But the shortest I'll go is a little above the shoulder, and no more. I will admit though that its a lot easier to take care of when its short. XP

Ah I see. I haven't gotten all the Mega Stones yet, but I can wait until tomorrow night to get the rest. I got most of them thanks to Bulbapedia's guide.

As for the appearance thing, hey, shortness still has its perks! I can still fit a lot of those pretty girl dresses we get at the department store I work at and they're often much nicer than those juniors dresses we get. But at the same time, I can fit a small size or extra small (depending on the particular outfit, sometimes they run a bit big or small) in the juniors section and we get cute spring/summer clothes in that area.

The only bad part is that I can never find pants that properly fit. They're either too long because of my short legs or too tight at the waist. >_> Sometimes I think clothing manufacturers are so inconsiderate of us petite folk! :P

Edited by Anacybele