Pokemon X/Y General Thread

Quintessence

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's your choice. Grass is ok though Ice is better. Special Defense is pretty low but again, do as you wish.

I've saved it, but there's really no point in using it. I'll just find something else.

I know Ice is best, and yes, I know it's my choice. Your tone sounds rather patonising, you know.

I'm just saying if you really want a competitive Zapdos, there are faster ways to get one than by just randomly catching the one you may get in your file, even if you might have to wait for the Pokemon Bank to get it.

Making Legendaries really viable in this game is horseshit and I don't really like it, but all of us have to deal with it until there's some sort of way to modify IVs. I'm still annoyed that I can't do anything about my Yveltal even if it's pretty good for one.

Edited by Woodshooter

Pokecheck would also be a good place to check for a Zapdos. I haven't ever personally checked but I'm sure there are plenty 6IV Zapdos with a good nature there.

The problem is, as I've said in the past, I wouldn't trust the GTS for a fair deal on a Magikarp. Frankly, having to look through thousands of "Genesect for Zapdos! Pliss! Pliss!" is even more tedious for me than catching a decent one myself.

Edited by Shuuda

To be honest, your zapdos is usable. If you really want to use it in a team, go for it. I think it can fill the gap until you can tranfer a flawless one

I doubt I'll ever be able to get my hands on a flawless one. I don't have B/W2, and I wasn't really competitive before this generation. Heck, I don't think I've got an end game file on any of my other games, aside from Soul Silver, and I believe you need two DS's to transfer from gen IV to gen V.

I do get the feeling that once the VGC rules change to allow Pokébank pokes, I'm gonna be seriously disadvantaged.

Off the current topic but I do love how Premier Balls are purchasable now. I dno why but I love their design despite just being all white there is a coolness factor to em

Also I caught my X Legendary with a Luxury Ball haha

Fruity is so insane that all of his poke are caught in pokeballs. ALL OF 'EM

EVEN ZYGARDE WITH A CAPTURE RATE OF 3!!!

Mewtwo I caught in a Master Ball, though since that's canon and Recover is a pain in the neck. (Although, I suppose I could have brought a 'mon with Heal Block.)

That, sleep, and capture power level 3 makes it a breeze.

Anyway...

ONLY POKEBALLS, FTW!

I ACCEPT NOTHING ELSE!!!

Edited by Not-an-Apple

Off the current topic but I do love how Premier Balls are purchasable now. I dno why but I love their design despite just being all white there is a coolness factor to em

Also I caught my X Legendary with a Luxury Ball haha

heal ball is better

Mewtwo I caught in a Master Ball, though since that's canon and Recover is a pain in the neck. (Although, I suppose I could have brought a 'mon with Heal Block.)

Anyway...

ONLY POKEBALLS, FTW!

I ACCEPT NOTHING ELSE!!!

I usually try to do the same if I can help it. It's rather enjoyable.

Fruity is so insane that all of his poke are caught in pokeballs. ALL OF 'EM

O catch everything with Premier Balls, same catch rate, and cooler :P:

Anyway...

ONLY POKEBALLS, FTW!

I ACCEPT NOTHING ELSE!!!

I caught Mewtwo with a Premier Ball

Premier Ball or GTFO

Oh, awesome! ^^

I'll have to wait until tomorrow afternoon because I work a morning shift, but still. I might finally get my shiny Aggron into my X. :D

It wasn't a reliable source (the link I posted has been up for a while). While it might be coming, I wouldn't count on it. Sorry for that =(

I take it the link that was redacted had to due with Pokébank being released in NA tomorrow. I wouldn't trust any source unless it's directly from Nintendo. Nintendo wouldn't just randomly release it after what happened without at least revealing when it was going to go down. News about something this large will most likely come directly from Nintendo.

I take it the link that was redacted had to due with Pokébank being released in NA tomorrow. I wouldn't trust any source unless it's directly from Nintendo. Nintendo wouldn't just randomly release it after what happened without at least revealing when it was going to go down. News about something this large will most likely come directly from Nintendo.

The link was this one:

http://www.pokemonbank.com/en-ca/how-to-download/ (it's from the pokemon site)

But I was told it has been up for a while.

Still I think there's a big probability the pokebank is coming out in 3 hours, the e-shop is on an extraordinary maintenance right now.

EDIT: e-shop is up. No pokebank =(

Edited by Smogon'sWashingMachine

I've heard talk that the earliest it will be in is possibly this Thursday when the eshop usually updates with things. And IIRC, isn't there always maintenance done on Mondays? Is there something different about this one? Either way, I really want it this week. Asia has had it to themselves long enough (even if it wasn't on the eshop all the time) and I don't think they've had any major server errors since the re-release.

It wasn't a reliable source (the link I posted has been up for a while). While it might be coming, I wouldn't count on it. Sorry for that =(

Oh. Well damn.

Still, it should be up soon because Japan got it back and there doesn't seem to be anymore issues. Though, that could change once it goes global... >.>