Pokemon X/Y General Thread

Quintessence

hai guys, I heard Arceus-Ghost is gonna wreck harder with the steel resistance removed

edit: 3 people like Pokemon with no moves confirmed

Ferrothorn and Skarmory is always a questionable check to Arceus >_>

Darkrai OTOH does not give a fuck

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, fixed the poll and added Aerodactyl as third option. Those who voted for neither option, switch to the fourth option or Aerodactyl (fossil poll). Made Aerodactyl third just to keep order in the poll and not having things messed up. Sorry for the delays.

On the other hand, Serebii has completed Mountain Kalos in the X/Y Dex, so check it out!

Link: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/

Edited by Quintessence

^Yeah, link is here: http://www.serebii.net/xy/patch.shtml

There's a Serial Code Event in Japan's Pokemon Centers and UK's Tesco supermarkets. By purchasing the game you receive said serial code for 12 Quick Balls: http://www.serebii.net/xy/serialcode.shtml

There's some Trainer Customisation: http://www.serebii.net/xy/customisation.shtml

The AbilityDex has been updated: http://www.serebii.net/abilitydex/

And Skrelp's/Dragalge's hidden ability is Adaptability! http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/691.shtml

edit: also, I assume that the 7 peep that voted neither of the fossils, like Aerodactyl, amirite

Edited by Quintessence

I actually voted for Kabuto initially because Aerodactyl wasn't available. I really like Aerodactyl more, but I don't know how to change my vote.

The poll has the "Delete my vote" option, click it and the page will be refreshed, allowing you to deliver your vote again.

Of all physical moves they had to nerf, they took one that has almost no distribution, a rather bad type and its main user is already getting nerfed due to getting two more weaknesses.

I mean you had Earthquake, Close Combat, Superpower, Stone Edge, the Double-Edge series but NOPE, Meteor Mash.

Metagross get Assault Vest in return

Worth it!

Gengar is the most overhyped pokemon of Gen 5

no really, lets face it

- Aegislash is not OHKOed by Super Effective Shadow Ball, and can Shadow Sneak its ass anyway

- Assault Metagross is basically Aegislash case, except Bullet Punch is not as deadly as Sneak

- Gengar's Shadow Ball goes from "WTF is that, does not hurt!" vs Ferrothorn into "lol 20% damage", which means in the end, you still need to use Focus Miss. Not a huge boost at all

- Jirachi will Scarf Iron Head your face anyway

- 4 Attack Gengar is questionable for a lot of the same reason why its not amazing in past gens. Scizor is a prominent pokemon who is ready to kick your ass as soon as you mispredict, Gengar's 80 BP STAB unboosted is NOT amazing enough to score a kill everytime(and this is even worse for Mega Gengar). Hidden Power nerf does not help the case at all

- Klefki kinda craps on its face for the sake of its teammates with Priority Light Screen

- Mega seems cool, but the first turn of Mega evo did not count the fact that Gengar gets 130 Speed, and the opponent can still switch out. Otherwise, its the same old "kill one pokemon and then forced out" case for Gengar(which, btw is the reason why Subsistute Gengar is the best Gengar)

Throw in the fact that Assault Vest exist, and you get it. Gengar is not that much better than he were in Gen 5.

Edited by Choujin Sentai Chesnaught

Perish Song/Shadow Ball/Sub/Protect on Mega Gengar could be really good; use Perish Song while transforming on an opponent's switch, then go with Protect and Sub. I agree that getting four-attacks Gengar to transform safely is tricky (at least for me) if you're not using U-turn or Baton Pass.

Edited by Nessie

Using Sub without Black sludge is hard, especially now that Sandstorm is not permanent anymore giving more reason to use leftovers and its proxy

Edited by Choujin Sentai Chesnaught

Using Sub without Black sludge is hard, especially now that Sandstorm is not permanent anymore giving more reason to use leftovers and its proxy

On the contrary, I can just as easily claim that Sandstorm's nerf means that Gengar can worry less about lacking Leftovers. The role of Substitute in the set I mentioned is simply to wait out the Perish Song.

Why were any moves nerfed in the first place? The only one I would've nerfed is Hail because unlike Sandstorm, only one type of Pokemon doesn't take damage from it.

More incentive to buy the next game where they buff those moves back.

Why were any moves nerfed in the first place? The only one I would've nerfed is Hail because unlike Sandstorm, only one type of Pokemon doesn't take damage from it.

Why hail? Compared to the other weathers it's generally seen as the worst. If anything it should get a buff in my opinion

Why hail? Compared to the other weathers it's generally seen as the worst. If anything it should get a buff in my opinion

Why? It does damage to more Pokemon than Sandstorm.