Pokemon X/Y General Thread

Quintessence

Why were any moves nerfed in the first place? The only one I would've nerfed is Hail because unlike Sandstorm, only one type of Pokemon doesn't take damage from it.

Every weather BUT hail was overpowered on competitive play.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Balance obviously

But lets be fair here, when people are talking about "Weather Wars" or "Weather so op nerf plz" they were actually saying "Rain is so OP nerf plz" and "War to keep Rain off the field"

Hail Sucks. Its sad, but it sucks so badly. Being weak to Scizor and Terrakion is unforgivable

Sandstorm stopped being actually relevant since Excadrill is gone. It says something when the only "Sand Abuser" that got banned after Excadrill is not banned because of its ability to abuse the weather

Sun is hard to use even against No weather balance team or Random Ass Team that slapped Tyranitar on it. The only time Sun Was any "broken" was when Blaziken and Genesect is around

Meanwhile Rain dominates BW1 even after their broken trio is nerfed, and proceeds to dominate BW2 thanks to a bunch of new toys they got, namely Analytic Starmie, Tornadus-T, and Keldeo(although you can argue that Keldeo Tyranitar is better than Keldeo Politoed)

P.S. This does not mean I think 5 Turn weather summoner is not a fantastic idea. It is. I will miss the days of trolling with Jumpluff though

Edited by Choujin Sentai Chesnaught

Why? It does damage to more Pokemon than Sandstorm.

It's the other stuff the other weathers do that make hail pretty weak in comparison. Iirc, in battle it only hurts non-ice types and gives blizzard perfect accuracy, as well as effecting hail-related abilities

In the sandstorm example, it hurts everything that isn't rock, steel, ground and any pokemon that has a sandstorm-related ability. It also gives rock types a 150% increase in special defence and a lot more pokemon abuse it via abilities. Tyranitar is also a much better pokemon that Abomasnow, which gives sandstorm that much more usability. It generally outclasses hail

Darks are immune to Future Sight right?

GG Quint

Iirc no.

If they're immune to FS, then I fail as Pokemon Trainer hahaha

edit: whoa and it can't be Protected/Detected/Reflected by magic bounce/coat

Edited by Quintessence

I've got a question, since I'm very new to breeding Pokémon. I've been breeding some Mawile and checking them with the IV checker. I've managed to get one which gets the following result.

- Outstanding potential overall.

- Most potential with HP.

- Attack is good, too.

- SpDef is just as good, though.

- Stats like those can't be beat.

Does this mean that those stats have IVs of 31?

I've got a question, since I'm very new to breeding Pokémon. I've been breeding some Mawile and checking them with the IV checker. I've managed to get one which gets the following result.

- Attack is good, too.

I wish I knew sorry, however this website is an up-to-date IV calculator

Get a friend to battle with you online and set the rule so that everyone is level 50. Just copy the stats (and relevant EVs) into the calculator and it'll tell you

I wish I knew sorry, however this website is an up-to-date IV calculator

Get a friend to battle with you online and set the rule so that everyone is level 50. Just copy the stats (and relevant EVs) into the calculator and it'll tell you

I see...

... Will you be my friend? @_@ b

- Attack is good, too.

If the guy says a stat can't be beat/can't be better/some version thereof, then yes, 31 IVs.

Though since he still says Outstanding potential overall, that probably means the rest of the IVs are not very good.

If the guy says a stat can't be beat/can't be better/some version thereof, then yes, 31 IVs.

Though since he still says Outstanding potential overall, that probably means the rest of the IVs are not very good.

Why won't they be very good?

Outstanding is the best. It means the sum of the stats is above 150, therefore the other stats are probably good.

And yes, the HP, ATK and SP.DEF of your mawvile are 31. Now you only have to get DEF and SPD as well :p

----------------------

Outstanding > relatively superior > above average > decent

Edited by Nobody

Well, I rose the Mawile level 15 via daycare and put it's stats in the calculator. According to that, it does have the 31 IV for HP, Atk, and SpDef. Also, the IV's for Def are possibly 20 - 24.

Sorry, Dusk, I'm not sure I'll need your help anymore.

Edited by Shuuda

Well, I rose the Mawile level 15 via daycare and put it's stats in the calculator. According to that, it does have the 31 IV for HP, Atk, and SpDef. Also, the IV's for Def are possibly 20 - 24.

Sorry, Dusk, I'm not sure I'll need your help anymore.

It's ok... *sniff*

That I'm more than willing to do, since I have nothing to do at the moment. Just give me a minute or two

Thanks for the match, and good game.

Edited by Shuuda

Thanks for the match, and good game.

Likewise. Felt like a fool when it came to using Garchomp. I knew Delphox had 2 more base speed but wanted to bluff me being faster. Didn't work although I did it when it was Blastoise vs Venusaur

Likewise. Felt like a fool when it came to using Garchomp. I knew Delphox had 2 more base speed but wanted to bluff me being faster. Didn't work although I did it when it was Blastoise vs Venusaur

It almost worked, because I was paranoid your Garchomp might have a plus speed nature, where as my Delphox doesn't. I was a bit worried when I spent my mega evo on Ampharos and it's Dragon Pulse did less damage than I expected.

It almost worked, because I was paranoid your Garchomp might have a plus speed nature, where as my Delphox doesn't. I was a bit worried when I spent my mega evo on Ampharos and it's Dragon Pulse did less damage than I expected.

Ha same. I was like "Oh no I hope he didn't predict my Garchomp switch" and you did >_<