Pokemon X/Y General Thread

Quintessence

Haven't noticed that until now. This can't be that big of a deal since all it changes is give you really fucking powerful elemental Hyper Beams and whatnot, but I suppose Pinsir appreciates his flying-type priority being stronger in Mega form? Return should hit like a truck too.

Sylveon and Aurorus automatically become viable ingame mons though, huh?

With lame speed and quadruple damage from fighting and ground, Aurorus is going to need a whole lot more to be considered close to viable.

derp

(that being said, I don't see how it's more viable ingame anyway)

appreciate the fewer number of Stealth Rocks for now, guys!

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With lame speed and quadruple damage from fighting and ground, Aurorus is going to need a whole lot more to be considered close to viable.

Errr... It's only 2x weak to Ground...

It's 4x weak to Steel and Fighting though....

That's interesting. It's a shame that the only pokemon that can take advantage of it is Mega-Pinsir. Most good normal type moves are physical and the other pokemons are all specially inclined.

So you just keep it away from the fighting and ground types then? Steel-type moves are a rarity.

Playing through the game for the first time, it's mind-boggling how many viable mons they put into it, just begging to be used on subsequent runs. Might turn out to be my favourite generation.

I had a fight against my rival, and when Chesnaught was out, Charizard went Mega (Y) and unleashed a Flame Burst on his unsuspecting face... it survived. Took me a few minutes to remember that Mewostick thing had put up a Light Screen beforehand.

Gen I Results

Poll: Pokemon Gen I (58 member(s) have cast votes)

Favorite Starter

Bulbasaur - 16 votes [27.59%]
Charmander - 21 votes [36.21%]
Squirtle - 17 votes [29.31%]
Neither - 4 votes [6.90%]

Favorite Eeveelution

Vaporeon - 18 votes [31.03%]
Jolteon - 22 votes [37.93%]
Flareon - 11 votes [18.97%]
Neither - 7 votes [12.07%]

Favorite Fossil

Omanyte - 10 votes [17.24%]
Kabuto - 24 votes [41.38%]
Aerodactyl - 17 votes [29.31%]
Neither - 7 votes [12.07%]

Favorite Legendary (Trio)

Articuno - 30 votes [51.72%]
Zapdos - 22 votes [37.93%]
Moltres - 4 votes [6.90%]
Neither - 2 votes [3.45%]

Favorite MegaMewtwo

X - 24 votes [41.38%]
Y - 16 votes [27.59%]
Neither - 18 votes [31.03%]

New Poll: Gen II

Contains:

1. Starter
  2. Interactable/Stationary
  3. Eon
  4. Legendary Dogs
  5. Legendaries

Wait, I missed Unown

I can't decide which legendary I like the most, both are awesome(Ho-oh with that great HG battle theme and Lugia with the movie and it's appearance in XD). Same with Espeon and Umbreon(Colosseum made me love them both equally)

I can't decide which legendary I like the most, both are awesome(Ho-oh with that great HG battle theme and Lugia with the movie and it's appearance in XD). Same with Espeon and Umbreon(Colosseum made me love them both equally)

Oh pls don't vote neither. Hint: ask shadykid :awesome:

I'm surprised by the trio result. Entei having got his own movie, I would have thought he would be more popular, but suicune seems to get more love(it's true he did appear in the Celebi movie and that the Entei in the 3rd movie wasn't a real one, if I remember correctly, that was a while ago)

Edit: No! I voted neither because there wasn't a 'both' option. I like them both equally(same with Espeon/Umbreon), so I couldn't decide which to pick, they're both awesome, helped by the fact that they're a reference to the Chinese pairing/opposition of the Dragon and Phoenix

Edited by LuxSpes

I'm surprised by the trio result. Entei having got his own movie, I would have thought he would be more popular, but suicune seems to get more love(it's true he did appear in the Celebi movie and that the Entei in the 3rd movie wasn't a real one, if I remember correctly, that was a while ago)

Entei may have had a movie, but Suicune had a game (and sometimes isn't a roamer).

Edit: No! I voted neither because there wasn't a 'both' option. I like them both equally(same with Espeon/Umbreon), so I couldn't decide which to pick, they're both awesome, helped by the fact that they're a reference to the Chinese pairing/opposition of the Dragon and Phoenix

version mascot>lolPokemonmovie

although Pixilate seems to be the worst of the bunch

Gardevoir gets hyper voice via tutor in BW2, after the 30% damage boost/STAB it's quite a bit stronger than moonblast.

It's a shame that Pixilate isn't on a physical mon, otherwise it'd be awesome since there aren't many physical fairy moves. But nope, it's just Sylveon and Mega Gardevoir and they have no business with physical moves and neither of them have Boom Burst. Hyper Voice + Pixilate isn't too bad though, since it hits through subs and now we know it has a boost. There just isn't much to say about Mega Gardevoir compared to other megas you could be running, I guess.

Aerilate Mega Pinsir is madness, though, especially if it's coming from a Moxie Pinsir who got a few kills beforehand. Boosted flying type Quick Attack? Super flying-type Thrash or Return? It's Pinsir's revenge after years of being overshadowed by Heracross.