My Sword USERS play-through.

I would say choose Reyson, because he has higher, HP, Speed and defense.

I found it a bit annoying that Reyson is made to seem massivly superior to all the other herons in this game. The developers gave him better caps and growths than the others, and his only real weakness is thrown out the window once you get the Laguz Gem. I liked how each heron had their own strengths and weaknesses earlier on. But once you get to Endgame, it's clear who the developers want you to choose...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found it a bit annoying that Reyson is made to seem massivly superior to all the other herons in this game. The developers gave him better caps and growths than the others, and his only real weakness is thrown out the window once you get the Laguz Gem. I liked how each heron had their own strengths and weaknesses earlier on. But once you get to Endgame, it's clear who the developers want you to choose...

And let's not forget how much Leanne sucks overall. 2 units refreshed even when transformed? Only 1 extra movement? WTF?

Yes... But when Ashera uses her special attacks, is she doing damage with magic or with physical strenght? 'Cause if she uses magic... then magic resistance would be better than defense.

She alternates with her big attack aura. First one does physical damage, second one does magic damage, and then it switches every time.

And let's not forget how much Leanne sucks overall. 2 units refreshed even when transformed? Only 1 extra movement? WTF?

What's so wrong with Leanne?

*She moves a little shorter than Reyson. It's never bothered me.

*Unransformed, she effects two guys - Reyson one. If focusing on my flying playthrough, I'll bring two bird laguz without Formshift (Janaff and Ulki). In the beginning of a chapter, they (including Reyson / Leanne) start with 0 transformation points. A great opportunity to place them both next to Leanne, and then make her use Valor on them.

*Transformed, Leanne two - Reyson four. So what? If I'm using, let's say Elincia and Marcia, then I can have them attack an enemy, use their Chanto to move back and place them in Leanne's effectable spaces. There's no problems with that.

She alternates with her big attack aura. First one does physical damage, second one does magic damage, and then it switches every time.

Thank you! I've wanted to know that for very long!

Edited by xanatha

I lied, sort of. I forgot that one of her AOE attacks doesn't do damage. It tries to silence everyone, which I'm fairly resistance beats because there were only 4 guys or so that actually got hit by it.

Anyway, Leanne is great and all, but Reyson is clearly the best Heron in the game in terms of end-game. Drop a Laguz Gem on him for endgame the first round and then you've got an 8 movement, 4 refreshing beast of a unit.

?_?...Reyson can cap everything using BEXP? Are you sure your not referring to BEXP abuse. <_<

he actually can cap all stats without aboose by using BEXP to gain all of his levels.

he gains enough stat ups to reach all his caps. i actually even did the math.

if you BEXP aboose of them, Reyson will reach all caps without any help. Leanne will cap by giving her a seraph robe and 2 more stat up items. Rafiel will cap by giving him 2 seraph robes.

you have to remember that on average, Reyson will gain 2.4 stat ups for every level. so by giving him BEXP, he gains more stat ups than what he should get normally.

Edited by Crystal Chanda Leir

What's so wrong with Leanne?

*She moves a little shorter than Reyson. It's never bothered me.

*Unransformed, she effects two guys - Reyson one. If focusing on my flying playthrough, I'll bring two bird laguz without Formshift (Janaff and Ulki). In the beginning of a chapter, they (including Reyson / Leanne) start with 0 transformation points. A great opportunity to place them both next to Leanne, and then make her use Valor on them.

*Transformed, Leanne two - Reyson four. So what? If I'm using, let's say Elincia and Marcia, then I can have them attack an enemy, use their Chanto to move back and place them in Leanne's effectable spaces. There's no problems with that.

*It should. She moves less than Reyson, thus making her less capable to retreat and/or reach her destination.

*Untransformed - Reyson still wins, movement-wise. Also, wtf does that prove? OK, they can move again. It doesn't affect thier transformation gauge. And it's REALLY unlikely you'll have characters lined up right next to Leanne on opposite sides.

*Transformed - Uh, 2 extra spots. That's a big difference. And Reyson STILL has a larger movement are than Leanne.

You're disregarding points that really make or break a character. Reyson is better than Leanne in every possible way. Stop letting your likes get in way of your judgement. You can like Leanne better, but Reyson is FAR superior.

*It should. She moves less than Reyson, thus making her less capable to retreat and/or reach her destination.

*Untransformed - Reyson still wins, movement-wise. Also, wtf does that prove? OK, they can move again. It doesn't affect thier transformation gauge. And it's REALLY unlikely you'll have characters lined up right next to Leanne on opposite sides.

*Transformed - Uh, 2 extra spots. That's a big difference. And Reyson STILL has a larger movement are than Leanne.

You're disregarding points that really make or break a character. Reyson is better than Leanne in every possible way. Stop letting your likes get in way of your judgement. You can like Leanne better, but Reyson is FAR superior.

Okay, you found some blind spots. I guess I'm just trying to defend Leanne because I like her better. When it's about movement, Reyson might win, but that doesn't change the fact that the one-space-different movement doesn't bother me.

But this is about movement and how many guys they can effect.

Stat wise, they're not very different. They both cap HP, Str, Skill and Lck with the same amount of points. Then Leanne's got two more in Mag and one more in Res. And Reyson's got one more in Sp and two more in defense.

Stats don't much matter for dancer/heron classes.

Well, Magic does, since they can heal with it. And I think Magic Resistance is improtant, too. There are no long range physical attacks. (Well, only Ashera.) But there are long range magical attacks.

Luck is factored into negating Criticals, Evasion, and Accuracy.

Crit%= (1/2)Skill + Bonuses - Luck

Accuracy = 2xSkill + (1/2)Luck + Weapon Hit%

Evasion = 2xSpeed + Luck

So yeah, Luck is HIGHLY useful combining with high Speed factors + Supports which trivialize the effects.

speed and luck are a relative important stat. you want them to dodge if they are ever attacked not that it would happen to anyone, right?

Really? 'Cause Leanne's better ddg then Reyson, but lower speed. (At least on my current playthrough.) Well, Reyson's lower luck. I suppose that makes a big difference.