Nintendo Characters (barring FE, Pokemon, and others) That'll Likely Never Be Playable

Randoman

Well, with the reveal of Peach and her still keeping Toad as a Standard Special, it's kind of unofficially confirmed that Toad will always remain nothing more than a human shield (in a sense) for Peach and he'll never be playable.

So anyways, I was thinking we should make a list of characters that are very likely to never be playable in Smash Bros.

However:

-we skip out on characters minor characters like Toadsworth, Cranky Kong, and Saria

-we skip out on characters that are way too large for Smash Bros. like Kraid or Giyagas

-we skip out on Pokemon, Fire Emblem, and any series with a really big cast, so the list doesn't get too long and since there's loads of characters in those games that likely won't be in Smash Bros.

-we keep it to Nintendo characters only, since the list would be too long if we included every eligible third party

-retro characters or characters from a one time IP like the Excite Biker or Wonder Red from The Wonderful 101 are okay to list. I actually encourage those kind of characters to be listed since I want to know how many lead characters and IPs don't receive playable representation in Smash Bros.

Since Balloon Fight representation has been reduced to mere cameos in terms of items and such (Flipper Item in Melee, The Fish in the Summit in Brawl, and the balloons and helmet for Villager's Up B), I'd say it's safe to say Balloon Fighter won't ever be playable.

As for Ridley, well, I guess his inclusion is debatable, but based on Sakurai's opinion of Ridley being unsuited for Smash Bros., that'll stop him from being playable unless Sakurai changes his mind or someone else takes over Smash Bros.

I'll leave the list as that for now and let you guys add to it.

Nope, that'll probably also never happen.

There's also a lot of Zelda one-offs that'll never happen. As Ghirahim, Zant, Midna and Wolf Link. But others as Vaati and Skull Kid will also probably never make it. From the reoccuring characters, I see only Impa and Tingle make it (some day). Unless they never re-appear again in another game.

Nope, that'll probably also never happen.

There's also a lot of Zelda one-offs that'll never happen. As Ghirahim, Zant, Midna and Wolf Link. But others as Vaati and Skull Kid will also probably never make it. From the reoccuring characters, I see only Impa and Tingle make it (some day). Unless they never re-appear again in another game.

More :cry:

I'm also assuming that Frederick isn't happening either. :\

Edited by Vashiane

Mark Jones from Startropics. It wasn't even released in Japan from what I remember, and I don't see it getting the same treatment FE did, though in reverse of course.

Mike Jones.

By that same reasoning, any of the Elite Beat Agents. Their game was designed to release a series outside Japan.

And unfortunately, the heroes of Advance Wars: Days of Ruin, whose game was never released in Japan. So that means Will.

Rawk Hawk.

Not sure if we'll ever see a playable Advance Wars characters. You don't really get to see the Commanding Officers participate in battle like the Fire Emblem lords.

I wouldn't discount them. We have Captain Falcon. And they actually do participate in battle in AW: DoR (see above though).

Wars is a long running franchise in Nintendo History.

Days of Ruin had fighting CO's? Awesome. Never got to finish that game. It was difficult as fuck...

Your CO could climb into any unit at HQ and fight. That unit could was stronger as a result. You built up your CO power by destroying units in the CO zone around the unit. If the CO is defeated, he returns to HQ.

Oh yeah, now you say it, I remember that! Still, that doesn't quite give the CO's abilites of their own... Unless you make them a specific unit. Or give them both AKs and RPGs as weapons, as they'd likely be infantry units. Can't imagine them riding a tank.

Geno is not coming. Geno is owned by square enix, are they REALLY going to be willing to just let Nintendo use him? No. Are they really going to create a whole new move set, etc for a character who's been practically dead for years? No. I'm really sick of those " Wish Lists " wanting Geno in SSB4. It's not going to happen. Ever.

Oh yeah, now you say it, I remember that! Still, that doesn't quite give the CO's abilites of their own... Unless you make them a specific unit. Or give them both AKs and RPGs as weapons, as they'd likely be infantry units. Can't imagine them riding a tank.

Well, any CO would be representing the series so they should use various aspects. Again, lack of fighting combat does not make them likely to be playable (see Captain Falcon). And there is still combat in their series. The Wars series is one of Nintendo's oldest unrepresented franchises helps its chances. So I don't think they should be put on the list.

Getting back to the topic, Andrew, Leon, Pigma, and Panther from the Star Wolf Team in Star Fox. They won't get in over any of the remaining members of the Star Fox Team.

Geno is not coming. Geno is owned by square enix, are they REALLY going to be willing to just let Nintendo use him? No. Are they really going to create a whole new move set, etc for a character who's been practically dead for years? No. I'm really sick of those " Wish Lists " wanting Geno in SSB4. It's not going to happen. Ever.

Yep agreed.

On that topic King k Rool is not coming either, Here's the question though: Is Nintendo really going to pull this King out of his 1000 ft watery grave, the answer is no, He is dead.

Edited by SwiftStrike

Yep agreed.

On that topic King k Rool is not coming either, Rare own him and the kremlings also Rare is now owned by microsoft, Here's the question though: Is Nintendo really going to pull this King out of his 1000 ft watery grave, the answer is no, He is dead.

King K. Rool is *not* owned by Rare...

Yep agreed.

On that topic King k Rool is not coming either, Here's the question though: Is Nintendo really going to pull this King out of his 1000 ft watery grave, the answer is no, He is dead.

Also Paper Mario is a clone and one Mario is enough. "Metal Mario joins battle"

I don't think Krystal has a chance at all, she has only been in 2-3 Starfox games, while on the other hand Wolf and Falco have been in 90% of the games.

and with Krystal they would have to go out of their way to create a new moveset.

Last one i'll list is Bowser Jr, he is annoying to no end, it's just ridiculous thinking about it, and why do people like him so much, he's not cool.

and Birdo, Waluigi and Daisy will not make it at all.

I am also sick to death of Chrom being shown in people's wishlist's on the internet where ever I go, he is not cool, RD Ike is, and if people keep saying,

OMG Ike will get replaced with Chrom for sure. Do people want that? The reason he won't be in SSB4 is because if they do they would have to create him from

scratch and a moveset, also I don't think nintendo cares about Fire Emblem that much.

Edited by SwiftStrike

King K. Rool is *not* owned by Rare...

What I meant to say was Nintendo own the rights and for some reason won't use them again. Can you tell me why he hasn't been in a new game,

I'm quite interested?

I got it mixed up so sorry...

Edited by SwiftStrike

Yep agreed.

What I meant to say was Nintendo own the rights and for some reason won't use them again. Can you tell me why he hasn't been in a new game,

I'm quite interested?

I got it mixed up so sorry...

King K. Rool appeared in the game Mario Super Sluggers, along with the Kremling Kritter in 2008. Had a minigame in Donkey Konga. Is the main villain in DK King of Swing and DK: Jungle Climber. And is a secret character in Donkey Kong Barrel Blast. So he's not in a watery grave.

Why isn't he in the new DK games? It's probably because Retro Studios has ideas for other villains. The Zelda team (along with the Flagship team from capcom) does not always use Ganon/Ganondorf. Vaati, Majora's Wrath, Bellam, and Melladus are proof of that. There has a been total of one DKC game released over the last ten years. So thats only one entry in DKC series without K. Rool as a villain (DK:TF has yet to be released).

Also Paper Mario is a clone and one Mario is enough. "Metal Mario joins battle"

I don't think Krystal has a chance at all, she has only been in 2-3 Starfox games, while on the other hand Wolf and Falco have been in 90% of the games.

and with Krystal they would have to go out of their way to create a new moveset.

Last one i'll list is Bowser Jr, he is annoying to no end, it's just ridiculous thinking about it, and why do people like him so much, he's not cool.

and Birdo, Waluigi and Daisy will not make it at all.

I am also sick to death of Chrom being shown in people's wishlist's on the internet where ever I go, he is not cool, RD Ike is, and if people keep saying,

OMG Ike will get replaced with Chrom for sure. Do people want that? The reason he won't be in SSB4 is because if they do they would have to create him from

scratch and a moveset, also I don't think nintendo cares about Fire Emblem that much.

From my understanding, this list was more for characters we can agree are really unlikely characters for Smash. These are characters I doubt anyone will agree on. And these are various assumptions made based on presumed movesets. For example, Star Fox characters movesets are based on the the functions of Arwing/Wolfen (Laser = Blaster, Boost = Fox Illusion, Boost related somersault = Fire Fox, Barrel Roll = Reflector). Krystal pilots an Arwing in both Star Fox Assault and Star Fox Command. So it would be perfectly possible for Krystal to have a similarly Arwing-based moveset. Or she could use the staff from Adventures. The fact is we don't know.

dkjc_k_rool_800.jpg

Still perfectly viable.

Not dead, Retro just prefers using their own villains for whatever reason. No Tikis in Tropical Freeze means K.Rool is still the most important villain. And he actually became playable in 3 instances after the Rare buy-out ; DK King of Swing, DK Barrel Blast and Mario Super Sluggers.

dkjc_k_rool_800.jpg

Still perfectly viable.

Not dead, Retro just prefers using their own villains for whatever reason. No Tikis in Tropical Freeze means K.Rool is still the most important villain. And he actually became playable in 3 instances after the Rare buy-out ; DK King of Swing, DK Barrel Blast and Mario Super Sluggers.

Thanks for that info I'm not a DK fan so I didn't know those facts.