Newcomer/Casual mode

Synbios

Hello everybody, I love tactic RPG but i never played before Awakening because I never liked the permanent deads. In Awakening there's the Newcomer Mode and so i started playing it and I absolutely LOVE this game. So, I'd like to play the GBA, SFC and FC games: is there a way to avoid the permanent deads? I know the Newcomer/casual mode there's only in 3DS and DS games but are there Gameshark/Action Replay/Game Genie Codes for it? If there isn't any, are there any hack available? Thank you!

FE12 doesn't have permadeath on casual mode, but all other FEs do.

But if since you mentioned hacks and codes and the like, there is a way to avoid permadeath in older FE games, it's called SHIFT+F1 -> F1.

You know, even if someone bites it you can always just restart the chapter, although that can be kind of a lot of work you have to do over again sometimes.

Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem ~Heroes of Light and Shadow~ (Japan only) and Fire Emblem Awakening are the only games in the series so far to include Casual/Newcomer mode. All other games don't even give an option, so permadeath is always on in Shadow Dragon and earlier. Although Shadow Dragon seems DESIGNED for you to let people die (you actually get sidequests and bonus characters from having 15 units or less remaining at certain checkpoints, and the characters on the whole are really bland, most of them being basically generics with custom portraits).

The series was originally designed with permanent death in mind, so it will probably always be a fixture, even if the option is given to disable it.

You could probably play FE1, FE2, FE3 without relative unconcern for permadeath save for a few difficulty spikes. Dunno if you'd want too after having played FE13, they're pretty primitive. FE7 (on the easier difficulties) FE8 (on any difficulty, but there are easier ones if HM is too annoying; remember to pick EIRIKA route), FE9 (again, easier), FE10 (ditto), and FE11 (ditto) can probably be beaten without any worry of permadeath as well, although take this with a grain of salt since I haven't been new to FE since like, forever!

Oh, and FE12 has a casual mode, so you're probably best going off with that first.

Anything pre-13 can be emulated so you can just use savestates to go back to arbitrary savepoints of your choosing. I believe FE10 has battle saves at any time on the map on any mode other than Hard, as well, but I'm not 100% sure on that since I've only played FE10 once.

Anything pre-13 can be emulated so you can just use savestates to go back to arbitrary savepoints of your choosing. I believe FE10 has battle saves at any time on the map on any mode other than Hard, as well, but I'm not 100% sure on that since I've only played FE10 once.

FE10 does take out the Battle Saves on Hard Mode yes.