Lunatic+...

Zaprong

Does it rely on how good you are or in luck?

Because well, Lunatic is really good and fun and you plan things and work out well.

But in Lunatic + you need to restart the chapter just for bad skills or for bad luck like missing a crucial hit.

I personally, think people who beat Lunatic+ are people who have patience, not necesarilly better than the players that finished Lunatic but not Lunatic+.

What do you guys think?

I do think Lunatic+ requires some more skill than Lunatic requires, because you need to prepare strategies which aren't completely luck reliant. Like using bow users or Nosferatu + Sol users.

But it's still very very luck reliant.

i don't consider myself to be as good as say.... 1% who finished the mode without grinding, so yeah it does rely on skills. Its called being able to adapt

Granted Lunatic mode is the easiest hard mode in the series so far, so I can't really judge Lunatic+ accurately. Lol Sumia solo

Edited by JSND

i don't consider myself to be as good as say.... 1% who finished the mode without grinding, so yeah it does rely on skills. Its called being able to adapt

Granted Lunatic mode is the easiest hard mode in the series so far, so I can't really judge Lunatic+ accurately. Lol Sumia solo

PoR :P

Yes, the early game is really luck based, even with the water trick. That's because you lack options. The first 6 chapters are really hard, and L+ still has some huge difficulty chapters, like chapter 12,18,19,20, and those after 20 except for 22. And they all have one thing in common, too many enemies, too little time (no Endgame, nosferatu can't solo L+, you don't even get the first one till chapter 10, and your ass gets handed to you by the high enemy density).

But other than that, the mode does something that I feel a lot of hard modes can't accomplish. It makes every new run, no matter how similar to the previous one you made, different. It's a factor of the RNG sure, because the skills are distributed randomly, but how you take down that different team is what matters.

If the early game was designed better (say, only one skill till chapter 5?), I would like the mode better.

i never made it through c3 on classic (fuck that map) but i honestly didn't have that much trouble with my casual run (and it wasn't like SACRIFICE EVERYONE it was just a more general "man fuck resetting i've been on this map for an hour") beyond taht point

There is a huge skill component to Lunatic+, it's not just a luckfest. People who reset constantly (except on Chapter 2, which is legitimate bullshit) are falling short in either technical skill or long-term strategy. A lot of "impossible" skill combinations are really just "pretty difficult", and there are folks who tend to pull the ripcord a bit too early.

Don't get me wrong, the mode could be better; earlygame is brutal, and they introduce the extra skills too quickly. But the random skills specifically designed to unravel standard vanilla Lunatic strategies is a decent start, and overall it's a good experience that really challenges your ability to adapt on the fly.

C3 is the most hellish level I've ever played.

It's not that bad IMO. I restart it until the only units on the bottom on the map that have counter are the knights and/or the archers, and then it becomes pretty easy, with a decent avatar.

Edited by Nobody

It's not that bad IMO. I restart it until the only units on the bottom on the map that have counter are the knights and/or the archers, and then it becomes pretty easy, with a decent avatar.

Of course, depending on each individual's luck, this may be a lot of resets. Playing Reset Emblem for an hour is not particularly fun.

I beat Ch 1 and Ch 3 on my first try without resetting once (Ch 2 took 6 tries, because fuck you Ch 2), so it's definitely possible without luck.

I think there probably are combinations of skillsets that would make a level impossible or close enough to impossible to make no difference (Aegis/Pavise and Aegis/Counter are the two worst combos, get them on certain enemies and you get fucked), but for the most part even difficult-looking things (oh noes so many counter) aren't impossible.

PoR

Edited by General Banzai

I beat Ch 1 and Ch 3 on my first try without resetting once (Ch 2 took 6 tries, because fuck you Ch 2), so it's definitely possible without luck.

Or you got lucky and got a doable situation in chapter 3. Chapter 1 is a fair bit less luck-dependent. I usually attempt stacked odds, myself, partly out of boredom and partly out of knowing that a crit or dual strike can turn the situation around.

And generally speaking, as more options open up to the player, Counter spam becomes less and less of a threat.