I'm on the nomination list to be the Junior Homecoming king at my school.

ZemZem

My friend (I'm so annoyed at him right now I don't think I can consider him as such.) thought it'd be funny to parade around to get people to nominate me for Homecoming king, and the fact that it actually worked baffled me. I'm really nervous right now...I hate it whenever the spotlight is on me, so I feel this might be a stressful week.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can actually sympathize, having won homecoming princess myself in Sophomore year. But I declined it because I simply could not do school dances on account of my sensitive ears not being able to take the loud music. The first and only school dance I ever went to, I regretted.

I didn't like having so much spotlight on me either. It felt overwhelming. xP

I don't like the spotlight either, but if you do become the homecoming king, I wish you the best of luck. You can do it ^^. Believe in yourself and all that cliche cheesy stuff I love to say xD

I'm sure I'll be fine...I hope. Thanks Jedi. XP

No problem, it's not easy to be confident in ones self [just look at me: barely have confidence in almost anything I do but its improving]

The more you get exposed to situations like this may actually in the end help for when you have to be front and center in the future.

Edited by Jedi

I dunno what homecoming is exactly, but I won Prom Prince during my senior year entirely due to rolling into prom wearing a duct tape tuxedo and a hardcore Afro. More pics in the yearbook than the prom queen too. I lol'd.

From one underdog to another, I salute you!

No problem, it's not easy to be confident in ones self [just look at me: barely have confidence in almost anything I do but its improving]

The more you get exposed to situations like this may actually in the end help for when you have to be front and center in the future.

Well, looks like Jedi already beat me to the punch of what I was gonna say

But yes, he's entirely right about it. As one who has done so, I can vouch for this statement

Just run with it. Make it fun, and if you win, milk it for all its worth. It might open doors for you that you've never concidered before.

People rarely look back on their lives with regrets on unique experiences and memories. They regret all of the moments and chances that they passed on. Take it from someone who knows, regrets suck.

Just run with it. Make it fun, and if you win, milk it for all its worth. It might open doors for you that you've never concidered before.

People rarely look back on their lives with regrets on unique experiences and memories. They regret all of the moments and chances that they passed on. Take it from someone who knows, regrets suck.

This also^^^^^

Well, looks like Jedi already beat me to the punch of what I was gonna say

But yes, he's entirely right about it. As one who has done so, I can vouch for this statement

I can be a Jedi-Ninja when I want to be I guess :P

Thanks for agreeing ^^; also Hawk King has good points too

Edited by Jedi

your friend is hilarious and you're overreacting.

a friend of mine wore sweats and a sweater 99% of his high school career (pretty much not an exaggeration), and won trend-setter. it was awesome.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

Thanks everyone. I...I think I'll have what it takes to win. I just hope I won't embarrass myself.

your friend is hilarious and you're overreacting.

I might be overreacting, but my friend's not remotely funny (well to me, at least). :P

Because of the whole homecoming queen drama in it.

More specifically the part where Damian rigged the nominations to nominate Janis Ian as a joke.

lol that's exactly what happened to me

Buuuuut I'll try to make the most of it.