My first serious (but terrible) attempt at drawing manga...

Fruity Insanity

Not even Leonardo Da Vinci became a master in a day

Study your basics

Don't fail Leo he worked so hard to study all those dead bodies so future artists know how to draw a damn body

He will be sad if you don't practice and don't study anatomy

Don't make Leo sad

basically even though the soul of mange is to have fucked up proportions you still need to know how to draw actually human-looking artstyles to not make something hideous and malformed

Still better.

Th-thanks.

But I don't want to learn other styles of art. I want to learn how to draw mangaaaa...!!!

There's no real way around it if you want to be a good artist. Before you learn a specialization you have to be generally adept. I mean, there are people out there who draw exclusively with anime faces and poses, but they tend to suck really, really badly because they never learned how to properly channel their expression. There's always the curious genius that slips through the cracks who just kind of did their thing, but all in all studying art is just like studying most other professions: You have to have a strong base before building a tower. This is what education does for your creative skills:

blade-of-the-immortal-80299.jpeg

This is what hitting the ground just drawing manga does for your creative skills

kuboo.png

Not even Leonardo Da Vinci became a master in a day

Study your basics

Don't fail Leo he worked so hard to study all those dead bodies so future artists know how to draw a damn body

He will be sad if you don't practice and don't study anatomy

Don't make Leo sad

Ah, I see, so that's what you meant. In which case, of course I'll study the art of drawing human anatomy. I wouldn't expect any less. I think I just misunderstood is all.

basically even though the soul of mange is to have fucked up proportions you still need to know how to draw actually human-looking artstyles to not make something hideous and malformed

I get what you're saying now~ Will do that, of course~ ...I really need to get my hands on an art book, though... Hmmm...

There's no real way around it if you want to be a good artist. Before you learn a specialization you have to be generally adept. I mean, there are people out there who draw exclusively with anime faces and poses, but they tend to suck really, really badly because they never learned how to properly channel their expression. There's always the curious genius that slips through the cracks who just kind of did their thing, but all in all studying art is just like studying most other professions: You have to have a strong base before building a tower.

That makes perfect sense. I just, uh, think I didn't understand something clearly... :P