Worst voice acting in a video game

Nobody

So, what's the worst voice acting you've ever seen in a video game?

I'd say it's probably this game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bangt7d9vGA

This makes me legitimately sad; the game that "Uru" and "Karen" and "Nikolai" are from is one of my Top 5 favorite games of all time (Shadow Hearts: Covenant). And their names are Yuri, Karin, and Nikolai :( (Uru was his Japanese name though, but they wanted to make it sound more Russian) Their voices are meant to be like this :(

I personally found the voice acting in Final Fantasy X to be alright, but I felt like it's practically mandatory to post this video in threads like this:

I know Tidus' laughing is supposed to be really forced since he's really sad, but I find the scene very amusing all the same. I can't wait to see this scene in HD for the PS3 release.

I personally found the voice acting in Final Fantasy X to be alright, but I felt like it's practically mandatory to post this video in threads like this:

I know Tidus' laughing is supposed to be really forced since he's really sad, but I find the scene very amusing all the same. I can't wait to see this scene in HD for the PS3 release.

It's also something that was lost in translation, something to do with Japanese culture... Though this video shows why I don't like to force laughs lol

I think out of the games I've played, Fire Emblem: Path of Radience certainly takes the cake for the worst voice acting. The english voice acting (the only one I can speak on behalf of) is terrible. It definitely brings the game's presentation down a few notches.

I really hate how that has become a meme. I enjoyed this scene when I played the game. The voice clip without it's context makes it sound pretty ridiculous.

But yeah. This post was practically mandatory.

The worst I've heard personally is Castlevania: Sotn. Probably one of the best games I've played, but that voice acting... wow.

"Die monster. You don't belong in this world." lol

Actually, I find the voice acting in the PSP remake of Symphony of the Night to be WAY WORSE than the original. Besides, how can anybody hate the line, "WHAT IS A MAN? A MISERABLE LITTLE PILE OF SECRETS! BUT ENOUGH TALK, HAVE AT YOU!"

Actually, I find the voice acting in the PSP remake of Symphony of the Night to be WAY WORSE than the original. Besides, how can anybody hate the line, "WHAT IS A MAN? A MISERABLE LITTLE PILE OF SECRETS! BUT ENOUGH TALK, HAVE AT YOU!"

I just looked it up. I guess it's not bad. The original bad voice acting seems so much more fitting for some reason.

Also "You have been doomed since you lost the ability love." wins from pure terrible cheesiness.

I really hate how that has become a meme. I enjoyed this scene when I played the game. The voice clip without it's context makes it sound pretty ridiculous.

But yeah. This post was practically mandatory.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm actually quite fond of this scene (due to both its humour and how it shows the importance of staying happy for others and that being down and mopey accomplishes little to nothing) and I don't blame Tidus for being that sad and having to force his laugh that much (who wouldn't be that sad learning that their long lost dad is actually the monster plaguing an unknown world that you're trapped in?). I do think the FFX Laughing Scene is really underrated and gets ripped on way too much, especially since everyone seems to bash on it while completely overlooking the circumstances that led to the scene.