Sword Art Online [may contain spoilers]

Elieson

I loved it. SAO is the ideal anime for me--not perfect, but pretty damn close. I'm a sucker for that particular type of romance, especially in the first half between Kirito and Asuna. I loved the animation, it had some pretty epic fights, I loved the opening and soundtrack... I loved practically all of it.

It's officially one of my favorite animes of all time and right now I think I feel more passionately about than even One Piece and I am a HUGE OP fan whereas I only started watching SAO recently.

I'm probably going to buy the bluray for the upcoming episodes, something I've NEVER done before, with an anime or any other show.

It's left a serious impression on me and it spoke to me a lot. It was really touching and just totally struck a chord with me.

That being said, I don't expect it to do the same to most people. I know some people felt like me and totally loved it and can't get enough--my biggest problem with the show was that it was too short--it should have been 4x as long IMO, no joke, and there was plenty to do to make it so (giving some of the side-characters more screen time, covering more floors, quests, etc., and just developing things more, I KNOW there was room for it but they did the bare minimum that they wanted to do).

So yeah I'm officially a HUGE fanboy. I'm sure people will mock me for saying "how can anyone like such a bland/cliche/uninteresting show" but well, to each their own, this was just like a perfect fit to me, kind of like how everyone has their own tastes in food, well this would be the new food I tried that instantly became my favorite food that I couldn't get enough of. XD

*hype hype hype*

I loved it. SAO is the ideal anime for me--not perfect, but pretty damn close. I'm a sucker for that particular type of romance, especially in the first half between Kirito and Asuna. I loved the animation, it had some pretty epic fights, I loved the opening and soundtrack... I loved practically all of it.

It's officially one of my favorite animes of all time and right now I think I feel more passionately about than even One Piece and I am a HUGE OP fan whereas I only started watching SAO recently.

I'm probably going to buy the bluray for the upcoming episodes, something I've NEVER done before, with an anime or any other show.

It's left a serious impression on me and it spoke to me a lot. It was really touching and just totally struck a chord with me.

That being said, I don't expect it to do the same to most people. I know some people felt like me and totally loved it and can't get enough--my biggest problem with the show was that it was too short--it should have been 4x as long IMO, no joke, and there was plenty to do to make it so (giving some of the side-characters more screen time, covering more floors, quests, etc., and just developing things more, I KNOW there was room for it but they did the bare minimum that they wanted to do).

So yeah I'm officially a HUGE fanboy. I'm sure people will mock me for saying "how can anyone like such a bland/cliche/uninteresting show" but well, to each their own, this was just like a perfect fit to me, kind of like how everyone has their own tastes in food, well this would be the new food I tried that instantly became my favorite food that I couldn't get enough of. XD

*hype hype hype*

If it helps the light novel has a bunch of side-stories I skipped about times on different floors of Aincard as well as some characters that show up in later volumes that were "there" in Aincard just in the side stories.

If you ever want to read SAO light novel in a timely manner, go to baka-tsuki now and download. It's going to be "abandoned" soon because a publisher is going to translate, and there's no telling how long that will take if you want to read it all any time soon.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Even if Sword Art Online wasn't so bad that the author decided on his own that he would completely redo it due to how shit it is, you really should never read a light novel fan translation. Light novel fan translations are pretty much the worst fan translations, and fan translations tend to be pretty shit.

I was able to obtain some RAWs of the light novels... and even then the writing wasn't butchered at all by fan translation.

At least Mother's Rosario gave me some emotional attachment.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Even if Sword Art Online wasn't so bad that the author decided on his own that he would completely redo it due to how shit it is, you really should never read a light novel fan translation. Light novel fan translations are pretty much the worst fan translations, and fan translations tend to be pretty shit.

It's better (if I'm interested) than not knowing what happens at all.