Frederick levels up too slowly? Make him a Dread Fighter!

Anacybele

Or Dread Knight, as I like to call it in Freddy's case. Cause he's still a knight at heart. ;D

Anyway, people seem to choose not to train Frederick because he levels up too slowly after awhile, especially after Second Sealing. But I just discovered that that all goes away if he's reclassed to Dread Fighter! He gained 70 exp from just one fight! This makes him SO much easier to train and he kills everything. And he tanks everything because he's Frederick. And he gets faster. He's basically a friggin beast. Yeah, his magic isn't helped much, but he doesn't need it. Lol

The point is that he gains exp faster AND gets stats he needs. And since Dread Fighter can go to lv. 30, he should cap at least some stats before needing another class change if you already got him levels in another class. If you can clear Alm's map easily, getting more Dread Scrolls should be simple if they're needed.

Paragon is the best solution to make people level up faster. Dread Fighters will probably gain a lot of experience at first, but it'll slow down. And you have to wait until they reach their level cap to reclass them if you don't wanna end up in an unpromoted class. Big pain in the butt.

Yeah, but it's a solution. Paragon can help him too, but I love this Dread Fighter class. :D

EDIT: Oh, dang, that does kinda stink. But he's Frederick, I can deal with it. Lol

Edited by Anacybele

Paragon is the best solution to make people level up faster. Dread Fighters will probably gain a lot of experience at first, but it'll slow down. And you have to wait until they reach their level cap to reclass them if you don't wanna end up in an unpromoted class. Big pain in the butt.

IIRC Dread fighter and Bride can class change at level 25.

IIRC Dread fighter and Bride can class change at level 25.

No, I believe they have to be capped at level 30 to class change into anything promoted. It works the same way as villager, dancer, manakete, and taguel.

Res +10 is something Frederick could REALLY use, though, as well as the speed boost. He loses a bit of strength and def, but he's still my tankiest and strongest unit. This is another reason I chose to make Freddy a Dread Fighter.

If you don't have DLC, just give him an early second seal after he gets Luna and turn him into a wyvern rider. He'll lose a lot of his base stats but at least he has D axes so he can use hammers right away. It's not the best use of a second seal considering Panne, Donnel, and maybe even Gaius and Miriel want it badly too (and a lot of other people but those are probably the top 4), but it's something.

ITT: Ana discovers Lost Bloodlines DLC.

:P

To be honest, i find DF to be kind of wasted on Froderick here. He has better options. Reclassing at level 10 to go Wyvern Lord, etc. Hes got enough innate junk to tweak if you have the patience.

There's no way Frederick's magic and res will ever be excellent, I know that. I just want to ake him where he won't be totally crushed by mages. And I intend to bring him back to Great Knight eventually, so he won't even use magic in the end.