Best/Worst in the Series Round 201

NinjaMonkey

Best: FE4

Worst: FE13

FE4's first chapter is pretty sweet. There is a lot of stuff going on, making it actually require quite a bit of planning.

Ayra in particular requires some thought on how to deal with her. Maybe a bit too much for a first chapter,

Also, there is quite some cool stuff happening.

You already get to use a Silencer staff and you get to witness a surprise ambush getting thwarted by an NPC army which can actually kick some ass. Music is also typical FE4, meaning it's awesome.

On the other hand, spending several turns doing nothing but walking can be a pain.

As for FE13's chapter 1. Now, the chapter definitly offers an impressive display:

The death walk the earth, mountains are shifted and it rains fire. Also a massive eye in the sky.

However, the protagonists show an irritating non-reaction to the ongoing Armageddon.

They don't even ask the person who should know what's going on for some info beyond her name and just let her walk away.

Also, enter Virion. A guy who stalks women in the woods during the night and who joins the shepherds for no reason.

The chapter also features more wacky antics from Lissa. Thankfully this is the last time this happens.

On the bright side, it's hilarious to imagine Chrom chasing after a bear with the Falchion.

Btw, what's the deal with the FE8 reinforcements?

Edited by BrightBow

FE4's first chapter is pretty sweet. There is a lot of stuff going on, making it actually require quite a bit of planning.

Ayra in particular requires some thought on how to deal with her. Maybe a bit too much for a first chapter,

Also, there is quite some cool stuff happening.

You already get to use a Silencer staff and you get to witness a surprise ambush getting thwarted by an NPC army which can actually kick some ass. Music is also typical FE4, meaning it's awesome.

On the other hand, spending several turns doing nothing but walking can be a pain.

The bold was why I voted it for worst. I'd personally expect a first chapter to be simple.

Best: FE11

Worst: FE7

I was actually thinking of FE7 prologue as worst (I mean at least FE9's was sort of amusing and they don't EXPLICTLY tell you exactly what to do) but the entire of Lyn mode is fucking awful to play through if you have any experience with the series.

Edited by Irysa

Can someone explain why the reinforcements on Chapter 1 FE8 are so bad?

Btw, what's the deal with the FE8 reinforcements?

I guess it might have something to do with the fact that you wouldn't expect enemies to get reinforcements that early on?

I know it is fow but really? Isnt a chapter one with tier three units, the only female boss and druids not an awesome chapter one?

Fog of War would be reason enough to DQ it from being the best, but at least it ain't FE4 level bad.

Best: Radiant Dawn; honorable mention to Shadow Dragon

Worst: Blazing Sword, dishonorable mention to Sacred Stones

And how could anybody NOT like chapter 4-1, even if there's Fog of War? I mean, come on, IKE USING AXES!!!

Edited by NyanKitteh

FE8's Chapter 1 reinforcements can easily be dealt with. I don't see why people voted against FE8 because of that.

Me neither. Considering it's a loldier and 2 fighters...

Edited by Levant Fortner

Best: FE5 for being more than just "bandit incursion" and having a couple points of interest (capturing enemies, special weapons, etc.)

Worst: FE7 for being another bandit chapter and being overall bland and easy.