Female Units Only LTC Challenge

General Horace

I know Carter has an ongoing Females only playthrough, but this one is a little different.

I've been talking with PKL a little bit, and I thought Males only would be easier to LTC overall in FE13 despite galeforce and stuff, because Frederick is so strong early on, and the females you get early are initially pretty poor (Sully and Sumia have rocky starts, especially without Fred to save them)

But then I thought, wow, Olivia is female, and dancers are overpowered, so maybe i'll be able to make it up and then surpass it eventually with the power of galeforce.

I originally wasn't going to actually log it, but I might as well, few people might be interested. I like the male units better in this game thought I wish it was the other way around D:

ok here are the restrictions and stuff, similar to the ones in PKL's topic

* Female units are the only ones that can see combat. No Male units can pair with Females^.
* Hard, Classic Mode Difficulty
* Avatar can only be in the Tactician class tree. She can never be the lead unit if paired with someone.
* Paralogues must be played through when they appear.
* All female units must be recruited, barring the children for obvious reasons.
* Renown is allowed up to the Bullion(L).
* Chrom is a female for the purpose of this run.
* If Chrom gets paired (probably will happen) the non Lucina kid is off limits
^ Chrom is allowed to pair with Females.
Units that I can use:
Chrom
Lissa
Sully
Miriel
Sumia
Maribelle
Panne
Cordelia
Nowai
Tharja
Anna
Olivia
Cherche
Say'ri
Tiki
Flavia
Lucina
PREMONITION
2 TURN CLEAR
FOUGHT VALIDAR
That's all folks.
2/2 total turns
PROLOGUE
4 TURN CLEAR
Without dual strikes, its definately a 5 turn, Chrom is unable to double the boss no matter what happens, and without Frederick, fails to 2HKO cleanly. Chrom and MU went up together, MU is +str -res because it allows them to ORKO brigands with dual strikes if needed, and MU isn't getting any levels anyway due to the restrictions. It helps if the brigands and or the mages proc 5 speed instead of 6, since it allows base Chrom to double with pairup. REGARDLESS
He paired up with MU and attacked the myrm, who he finished on the enemy phase, along with the two brigands (one had 5 speed so only one dual strike was needed). He levelled up and got [HP, STR, SPD].
Lissa healed him and he moved north and killed the Wind mage, and countered a Myrm on the EP. On turn three, he was healed again by Lissa (who ended up being protected from enemies due to the positioning of Frederick) and finished the two myrms on the enemy phase to level up once again [HP, STR, MAG, SKL, SPD].
On turn 4 he just whacked the boss who died on the EP due to a dual strike from MU (two shots at 33% isn't horrible). Chrom hit level 4 to end the chapter [MAG, SPD, LCK, DEF]
It feels weird doing kind of detailed descriptions after drafts lol.
UNIT       CLASS      LEVEL HP ST MG SK SP LC DF RS WEP LEVEL
CHROM      LORD       04.00 22 09 03 09 11 06 08 01 D SWORD
LISSA      CLERIC     01.94 BASE

prepare yourself for Levin sword Chrom guys

Lissa got a shiny tile in case you're wondering why her exp looks so weird.
4/6 total turns
CHAPTER 1
4 TURN CLEAR
I thought this was going to be tougher, Sully is really bad without pairup.
Chrom and MU went down and KO'd the fighter on turn one, then were attacked by the Merc on the EP. Sully showed up and KS'd the Merc for some much needed exp, while Chrom took out the archer. Sully countered a fighter on the EP, then moved north and got healed by Lissa who levelled up [MAG, SKL, SPD, DEF]. Chrom smacked the boss on turn three (Twice!) and countered a fighter and Merc and levelled up at one point [HP, STR, SKL, LCK], while Sully contiued to wage war against the figher who attacked her last turn. She finished him on turn 4, while Chrom killed the boss and hit level 6 and got a fantastic level [LCK, RES]
Chapter 2 is gonna be a pain.
CHROM      LORD       06.10 23 10 03 10 11 08 08 02 D SWORD
LISSA      CLERIC     02.34 17 01 06 05 05 08 04 04 E STAVES
SULLY      CAVALIER   02.80 20 07 01 08 08 06 07 02 D LANCES E SWORD

4/10 total turns

Edited by General Horace

Genderbent!Chrom FTW

Is he gonna be paired with Sumia or Sully?

You think I plan these things?

I think Sumia because he'll get a ton of early exp and probably second seal to Cavalier, which is pretty nice for Sumia, and it allows me to use Sully as her own unit instead of a Sumiabot replacement for Fred. I'm honestly not to sure yet though.

Valk!Miriel pls

I've.... used Miriel so little I didn't know it was a thing. She'll either be a dark knight for more combat muscle or a Sage for more rescue power (although I have Lissa, Maribelle and Anna already for that, so we'll see)

She also doesn't like me very much usually, we'll have to see how it goes.

CHAPTER 2
4 TURN CLEAR
ACTUALLY NOT THAT BAD
LEGEND traded his Elixir to Chrom, who ran north with it. Sully positioned herself on the left had side, luring in a Merc and a Soldier levelling up [HP, STR, SKL, SPD, RES], and Chrom defeated a couple fighters, and a Merc on the enemy phase.
Miriel showed up to chip the Merc Sully weakened, and Sully finished it after being healed by Lissa. Chrom Vulneraried up (didn't need to use the Elixir since he only lost 8 hp or so) and fought a couple soldiers, and levelled up [HP, STR, SKL, LCK, DEF].
Miriel finished off the soldier, while Sully got healed and headed north. Chrom Elixir'd up to ready for the EP. He fought a couple Mercs, a Soldier and a fighter (which he had to dodge to avoid death, although it was a 34% hitrate) and he hit level 8 and it was important that he hit 12 strength so he'd at least 2HKO the boss, he ended up getting speed as well so he doubled too. [sTR, SPD, LCK, DEF].
On turn 4, Lissa healed Miriel, Sully killed a Merc that Chrom didn't double last turn, and Chrom killed the boss and the remaining two enemies.
Great success.
CHROM      LORD       08.78 24 12 03 11 12 10 10 02 C SWORD
LISSA      CLERIC     02.94 17 01 06 05 05 08 04 04 E STAVES
SULLY      CAVALIER   03.79 21 08 01 09 09 06 07 03 D LANCES E SWORD
MIRIEL     MAGE       01.53 18 00 08 05 07 06 03 04 E TOME

Now i've rarely used Sumia without Frederick, so game will be hard for a while, I think.

4/14 total turns.

I need to stop 4 turning stuff.

Edited by General Horace

As a matter of interest, why is the non-Lucina kid off limits?

Since Chrom would technically get me another unit, and isn't a female anyway, I thought it would be kind of against the spirit of things to do so. Using him is "cheating" enough.

Although in all honesty, I don't think i'd recruit Cynthia/Kjelle anyway, its just extra turns.

Is Avatar!Lucina + Veteran allowed?

It is, but Chrom really shouldn't exist so I'm not going to take advantage of it. Its inevitable he's going to marry anyway.

I had a thought of replacing Chrom with Lucina when she joins, but a lot of exp will have already sank into Chrom, and he's forced anyway.

CHAPTER 3
4 TURN CLEAR
Originally I was going to take a 5 turn clear with the Javelin, but in the end I decided against it because I don't think i'll actually need it. I have Celica's Gale from Renown, and I know I joked about it before, but I do have the Levin sword as well.
Anyway, Chrom paired into Sully, and she headed to the right, and switched back to Chrom, who obtained the door key from the Merc right away, and he levelled up [HP, SKL, SPD, DEF].
The next turn, Lissa healed him, and he moved a space under the door, and switched to Sully. Miriel and Sumia killed the archer. Miriel attacked from range so Lissa could heal next turn.
Sumia moved above Chrom+Sully and traded for the door key, and opened it, allowing Sully to run through, switching back to Chrom for the enemy phase combat. Sumia countered the Knight. Lissa healed something and levelled up [HP, MAG, DEF]
Chrom attacked Raimi with the Rapier (he was 1 str off ORKO'ing), and Miriel weakend the armour for Sumia to finish. Chrom finished Raimi on the EP, and got [HP, SPD, LCK]
After the chapter, Chrom was second sealed to Cavalier, and Sumia took an energy drop.
CHROM      LORD    10/01.00 26 12 03 12 13 11 11 02 C SWORD E LANCE
LISSA      CLERIC     03.54 18 01 07 05 05 08 05 04 E STAVES
SULLY      CAVALIER   03.99 21 08 01 09 09 06 07 03 D LANCES E SWORD
MIRIEL     MAGE       01.75 18 00 08 05 07 06 03 04 E TOME
SUMIA      PEGAUSUS   01.85 18 08 03 11 13 08 05 07 D LANCE 

4/18 turns total

PARALOGUE 1
5 TURN CLEAR
I kind of wanted Sumia to get more exp, but there wasn't really a chance for her to. Such is life.
Sumia was in the top left spawn, allowing her to move as close as possible en route to the boss on turn 1, Chrom paired up with her and she swapped to him for the rest of the chapter. Sully whacked an archer to level up amazingly [HP, LCK, RES]. Miriel was left in range of the barbarian, whom she countered on the EP. Somewhere along the course of the EP Chrom levelled [HP, STR, LCK, RES] as did Sumia [HP, STR, MAG, SKL, SPD, LCK, RES].
Miriel finished the barbarian and finally hit level 2 [HP, MAG, SPD, RES], and Sully finished the archer. Lissa healed Miriel up partway and Chrom ran ahead and equipped the Levin sword to counter and archer and a hand axe bandit. He levelled up again at this point [HP, SKL, SPD, LCK].
Chrom continued moving ahead, while Lissa healed Miriel again, who continued heading north above the starting position.
Chrom killed the nearest archer in the bosspit at the start of turn 4, levelling once again [HP, STR, SPD, DEF] and Miriel put herself in range of the other archer, on the right side of the wall. Lissa healed Sully and levelled [HP, MAG, LCK].
Sully attacked a thief and hit level 5 with a disappointing level [HP, STR, LCK, RES], Miriel finished the archer, and Chrom ORKO'd the boss. I doubt the rescue staff would be worth the extra turns with my team, it would take too long to get.
UNIT       CLASS      LEVEL HP ST MG SK SP LC DF RS WEP LEVEL           SUPPORT
CHROM      LORD    10/04.68 29 14 03 13 15 13 12 03 B SWORD E LANCE     C SUMIA/SULLY/MU
LISSA      CLERIC     04.34 19 01 08 05 05 09 05 04 D STAVES            NOONE
SULLY      CAVALIER   05.09 23 09 01 09 09 08 07 05 C LANCES E SWORD    C CHROM
MIRIEL     MAGE       02.74 19 00 09 05 08 06 03 05 E TOME              C MU
SUMIA      PEGAUSUS   02.40 19 09 04 13 14 09 05 08 D LANCE             C CHROM

5/23 total turns

FINALLY NOT 4 TURNS

oh i've been forgetting Supports the whole time oops.
Edited by General Horace

what's up with all these LTC runs not using Avatar

what kind of LTC is that

It's called a restriction/challenge playthrough. You can LTC in a lot of ways than just going for the lowest TC, you know.

what's up with all these LTC runs not using Avatar

what kind of LTC is that

whats the fun of posting a thread that would be exactly the same as someone elses, turncounts, units used, and all? I doubt any LTC run would differentiate itself too much from Aeine's one from a couple months ago.

CHAPTER 4
2 TURN CLEAR
Sumia and Sully took STR and DEF tonics.
Sumia paired into Chrom and went north - she orko'd Lucina with the renown beast killer. Miriel went to the right, Sully the left. Sumia did level from killing Lucina [HP, MAG, LCK, DEF].
Sumia moved north and switched to Chrom so he was in range of the two fighters and two armours (and mages I guess) and equipped the Levin sword and went to town [HP, SKL, DEF]. Miriel killed the two mages, and levelled [sKL, SPD, LCK], they targetted her over Chrom for some reason, while Sully finished her fighter on the EP. Lissa got more exp from a shiny tile, and levelled up at some point too [HP, SKL, LCK, DEF].
CHROM      LORD    10/05.68 30 14 03 14 15 13 13 03 B SWORD E LANCE     C SUMIA/SULLY/MU
LISSA      CLERIC     05.00 20 01 08 06 05 10 06 04 D STAVES            NOONE
SULLY      CAVALIER   05.89 23 09 01 09 09 08 07 05 C LANCES E SWORD    C CHROM
MIRIEL     MAGE       03.84 19 00 10 06 09 06 03 05 D TOME              C MU
SUMIA      PEGAUSUS   03.95 20 09 05 13 14 10 06 08 D LANCE             C CHROM

2/25 turns total

CHAPTER 5
3 TURN CLEAR
Sumia is like the best
Used Str/Def tonics on Sully and Sumia, and a def tonic on Miriel.
Sumia flew north with Chrom in tow, and killed the dark mage to level up [HP, MAG, SKL, SPD, DEF, RES]. Sully and Miriel positioned themselves to each counter a fighter on the EP. Miriel killed hers and levelled [HP, SKL, SPD].
Sully finished hers off and levelled [HP, STR, SKL, SPD, LCK, DEF]. Sumia had killed all enemies in the "second tier" of the stage on the ep, and levelled again on the EP oops I forgot [sTR, MAG, SKL, LCK, RES]. Maribelle chilled in the corner of the second tier. Lissa healed something. Sumia flew to the third tier, and this is where things got dicey. She took 6 damage from anything with an axe (she was 4HKO'd) at ~52 hit from the wyvern riders, and a lot less from the fighters (i think around 40, I forget), 3 damage at 27 hit from the dark mage, 8 damage at 56 hit from the boss, and 1 damage from the myrmidons. She faced ~6 axes + the boss, so she had to dodge some, but it wasn't totally ridiculous. She levelled up from level 5 to 7 on this EP, getting [HP, STR, SKL, SPD, DEF, RES] and [HP, SKL, SPD, LCK, RES]. Miriel headed east, readying herself for the handaxe fighter that spawns on turn 3.
Sumia switched to Chrom, who Levin sworded the boss (did 15x2) and Sumia dual striked for level 8 [HP, SKL, SPD, LCK] and Chrom also levelled while killing the remaining enemies that had 1-2 range [HP, STR] and again [HP, STR, LCK]. Miriel ORKO'd the handaxe bandit, ending the chapter on the turn 3 EP. Maribelle healed Sully as well!
CHROM      LORD    10/07.81 32 16 03 14 15 14 13 03 B SWORD D LANCE     B SUMIA/SULLY/MU
LISSA      CLERIC     05.54 20 01 08 06 05 10 06 04 D STAVES            NOONE
SULLY      CAVALIER   06.89 25 10 01 10 10 09 08 05 C LANCES E SWORD    C MIRIEL C CHROM
MIRIEL     MAGE       04.21 20 00 10 07 10 06 03 05 D TOME              C SULLY C MU
SUMIA      PEGAUSUS   08.12 24 11 07 18 19 13 08 11 C LANCE             B CHROM
MARIBELLE  TROUBADOUR 03.25 18 00 05 04 06 05 03 08 D STAVES            NOONE

3/28 total turns

I gained one turn on the males here, due to Sumia's flight I'm guessing. Her combat honestly is pretty great too, and her durability is solid with a Chrom support and defence tonics for now.
Also didn't know Sully and Miriel could support - the more you know.
PARALOGUE 2
4 TURN CLEAR
Sumia is grate
Sully and Chrom pair and attack the barbarians on the bridge, Sully really wants the exp, and she doubles anyway, so shes takes it, and levels up [HP, STR, SPD] Miriel lures a different guy in from the north. Sumia flys across and kills the mage. Sumia counters a barbarian and kills him. Sully also counters a barbarian, killing him and I think another one.
Miriel is healed by Lissa, and snipes a barbarian on the other side of the river, the other is killed by Sully. Sumia kills the stupid barbarian in the hills. Miriel counter kills an archer, and levels up [HP, DEF, RES]. Sully kills the mage, levelling up again [sPD, LCK, DEF]. Sumia flies north, killing one archer, and levelling [HP, STR, SKL, SPD, LCK, DEF, RES].
Sully moves towards the boss, and switches to Chrom, who Levin swords one of the bandits and levels up [HP, SKL, DEF, RES]. Miriel kills the last archer, and Sumia kills the last archer in the north, leaving only one bandit. Victor and his dudes suicide on Chrom, who levels up again [MAG, SKL -_-]
Anna ends the map in turn 4 NPC phase.
UNIT       CLASS       LEVEL HP ST MG SK SP LC DF RS WEP LEVEL           SUPPORT
CHROM      CAVALIER 10/09.37 34 16 04 16 16 14 14 04 A SWORD D LANCE     B SUMIA, C SULLY/MU
LISSA      CLERIC      06.28 21 02 08 07 05 11 06 04 D STAVES            NOONE
SULLY      CAVALIER    08.89 26 11 01 10 12 10 10 05 C LANCES D SWORD    C CHROM/MIRIEL
MIRIEL     MAGE        05.47 21 00 10 07 10 06 04 06 D TOME              B MU, C SULLY
SUMIA      PEGAUSUS    09.83 25 12 07 19 20 14 09 12 C LANCE             B CHROM
MARIBELLE  TROUBADOUR  03.45 18 00 05 04 06 06 03 08 D STAVES            NOONE

4/32 total turns

OMG JAVELINS FINALLY
Levin sword you were a true hero to us all.