Sorin

Ha! I was implying her studies in dark magic, but that too!

Israel is a test-tube baby, created from gene therapy to be while not perfect, at least better, not to mention the upgrades done on her mind to hone her family's line of magic and make her far more powerful. Her elder sister loathed her for this, and one day her jealousy grew past her common sense and she dropped Israel when she was a baby and damaged her ocular cortex, rendering her blind.

And two years later, her parents genetically enhanced her younger brother as well in the same way, and Israel worriedly noticed her elder sister's reactions to her brother. So she cut her a deal: if her sister promised not to touch her brother, in return, she could take her anger out on Israel in any way she wanted.

And oh boy, did she do this. For thirteen entire years, Israel was her sister's punching bag-slash-guinea pig. And the result is a girl extremely detached from other people, rarely speaks in addition to not being able to see, and is prone to violent, abrupt mood swings that she barely has any control of and is the only emotion she actually understands.

If they're insane, it's usually subtle or so horrifically in your face you can't avoid it.

I wish I could introduce you to Emerson. :)

My definition of insanity is different than yours. Shadowfrost(RPG MAKER) has the character where killing is fun. Also having the ability to revive people back to life and proceeding to kill them again with his sword Shadowfrost Blade. In a sense a demon child who is considered the strongest(second) in the country he lives in. I have different views about insanity, but that is my definition of it.

• Replies 36.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aquakat

• Lance Masayoshi

• DodgeDusk

• MRDRHAWK

My definition of insanity is different than yours. Shadowfrost(RPG MAKER) has the character where killing is fun. Also having the ability to revive people back to life and proceeding to kill them again with his sword Shadowfrost Blade. In a sense a demon child who is considered the strongest(second) in the country he lives in. I have different views about insanity, but that is my definition of it.

(I think that falls under 'psychotic'? *trying to remember notes* It's DEFINITELY insanity, don't get me wrong. I'm more trying to remember what specific one it would be. Psychotic is the only thing I can think.)

(Ooo, sounds interesting!)

I feel SO bad about it sometimes... and yet it makes her so... interesting to write with and learn about.

Haha, well insanity IS doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result...

(I think that falls under 'psychotic'? *trying to remember notes* It's DEFINITELY insanity, don't get me wrong. I'm more trying to remember what specific one it would be. Psychotic is the only thing I can think.)

(I know they're the exact same thing but that's my definition of insanity. I always like insane, psychotic characters..)

"And then that meanie keeps pressing on something no one wants to talk about. Sister's sick, and all he does is press and press and ask and ask when everyone else just wants to change the subject."

"I'm sure he means well, dear..." Cassandra replied, ruffling Klotho's hair. "He's probably just trying not to offend you, oddly enough."

(I know they're the exact same thing but that's my definition of insanity. I always like insane, psychotic characters..)

(Actually, I think 'insanity' is a much broader term.)

"I'm sure he means well, dear..." Cassandra replied, ruffling Klotho's hair. "He's probably just trying not to offend you, oddly enough."

*makes a face at getting her hair ruffled* "He called me a liar and then kept on pressing the others."

*makes a face at getting her hair ruffled* "He called me a liar and then kept on pressing the others."

(Really? Hm. You learn thing everyday.. At least Shadowfrost(RPG MAKER) isn't as insane/Psychotic now. That ended after...the first game..I think.)

This is true. Very true.

Haha, quite.

Em's an odd kind of psychotic. She throughly enjoys her killings and yet is a little unnerved by far she can go at times. It's that hesistation that makes her... not completely psychotic, but she can't fully comprehend guilt either.

"I wouldn't think too much of it." Cassandra replied. "Besides, you're getting upset, and that doesn't seem like you at all."

"I wouldn't think too much of it." Cassandra replied. "Besides, you're getting upset, and that doesn't seem like you at all."

​Samson had manged to walk up to Klotho and Cassandra, and interjected "Cassandra? Who's the new girl?"

(Guess who?)

Edited by BravuraLevi

Haha, well insanity IS doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result...

I dunno.... thats more on the line with crazy, which is just high irrationality. Insanity is really foolishness but on a higher level

"Oh, right. People will leave me behind if I'm sad." *smiles* "Thank you for reminding me. I'm going to go bug Harem now. Thanks, Beautiful Crimson!" *runs off* "Let's talk again sometime!"

Haha, quite.

Em's an odd kind of psychotic. She throughly enjoys her killings and yet is a little unnerved by far she can go at times. It's that hesistation that makes her... not completely psychotic, but she can't fully comprehend guilt either.

(Sounds like she might be able to get out of crimes via the McNaughten Rule. Or maybe Irresistable Urge? [sorry, I've a test in two days, so it's all bouncing in my head])

Haha, quite.

Shadow had a problem like that. It was when killing had gotten old and good and bad were in both lines so nothing made sense. The feeling when you don't do something right when it feels good to do it.

I dunno.... thats more on the line with crazy, which is just high irrationality. Insanity is really foolishness but on a higher level

(Insanity is typically defined as the inability to comprehend one's actions and the inability to comprehend that said actions' morality. I think. Where are those notes…?)

(Legally/psychologically speaking, I think insanity is defined as being afflicted with a reasoning deficit preventing a person from realizing the nature and quality of an act, the inability to recognize that an action is 'wrong', an incapacity to appreciate the criminality of the action, and an inability to conform to the law without treatment?)

(Insanity is typically defined as the inability to comprehend one's actions and the inability to comprehend that said actions' morality. I think. Where are those notes…?)

Mine was just a basic definition off of my own inference. Not sure what you learned of it

....or that worls also

Edited by Hero-King

(Legally/psychologically speaking, I think insanity is defined as being afflicted with a reasoning deficit preventing a person from realizing the nature and quality of an act, the inability to recognize that an action is 'wrong', an incapacity to appreciate the criminality of the action, and an inability to conform to the law without treatment?)

I think Shadow was insane first. Then turned psychotic. Then turned good. Something among those lines. But for villains...I've made plenty of insane characters from the sound of this definition.