• Replies 36.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aquakat

• Lance Masayoshi

• DodgeDusk

• MRDRHAWK

Silvia's head snapped to the side at the force, and for a brief few second she didn't know what happened. Something had obviously hit her but it didn't exactly comprehend what it was... not until Kat explained why.

Her blood began to boil, her fingernails digging into her skin as she stood there, unable to do anything besides breathe in and out. In... and out. In and out.

... In. And -

Silvia tipped her head back to the left, and glared, with an intensity that even she could feel. And in this time the rage consumed her thoughts and every possibility imaginable flowed through her mind, from revenge to vengeance to torture to pain and death, so quickly she couldn't process it all at once - or even at all. They just flashed by in seconds and Silvia had to shake her head repeatedly to make them stop.

"... Alright." Silvia drew in a breath and let it out, one final time. "Alright, that makes... sense I guess..." She muttered, yanking at her a few stray strands of her hair. "I guess I get so... caught up... in what I want I ignore everything else... I guess? More like I know... It's an old habit... from a really long time ago, the constant studying made it easy to slip into that habit again..." She chuckled to herself, distinctly remembering those days when tomes were full of magic whimsy and she wanted to learn everything she could. It reminded her of Klotho, in a way, her old self, so full of wonder and fear at everything. "Maybe I went at this too... aggressively. Latched onto a purpose. I mean... it's nice, that you care enough to... Thanks, Kat..." She exhaled, kneading her fingers into her arm to massage away the dull ache forming in it.

Silvia's head snapped to the side at the force, and for a brief few second she didn't know what happened. Something had obviously hit her but it didn't exactly comprehend what it was... not until Kat explained why.

Her blood began to boil, her fingernails digging into her skin as she stood there, unable to do anything besides breathe in and out. In... and out. In and out.

... In. And -

Silvia tipped her head back to the left, and glared, with an intensity that even she could feel. And in this time the rage consumed her thoughts and every possibility imaginable flowed through her mind, from revenge to vengeance to torture to pain and death, so quickly she couldn't process it all at once - or even at all. They just flashed by in seconds and Silvia had to shake her head repeatedly to make them stop.

"... Alright." Silvia drew in a breath and let it out, one final time. "Alright, that makes... sense I guess..." She muttered, yanking at her a few stray strands of her hair. "I guess I get so... caught up... in what I want I ignore everything else... I guess? More like I know... It's an old habit... from a really long time ago, the constant studying made it easy to slip into that habit again..." She chuckled to herself, distinctly remembering those days when tomes were full of magic whimsy and she wanted to learn everything she could. It reminded her of Klotho, in a way, her old self, so full of wonder and fear at everything. "Maybe I went at this too... aggressively. Latched onto a purpose. I mean... it's nice, that you care enough to... Thanks, Kat..." She exhaled, kneading her fingers into her arm to massage away the dull ache forming in it.

​"I… didn't hit you too hard, did I?" *sighs again* "It's fine. Just sometimes you need a little sense er… slapped into you?" *smiles sheepishly* "Now, I'm not saying you can't study dark magic, or practice. I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable with you using it in BATTLE quite yet, just because you're having some… mental issues due to thousands of stressors. But study? Practice? Have at it. You're right in that it'll be very useful to know. But have someone with you, and don't stay up all night to do so. Exhaustion messes up your thinking even more and, really, this sort of magic is unforgiving with slips. So, have people near when you're studying or practicing? Those who'll be able to tell if something is wrong and…" *suddenly stops and covers her mouth to cover a gag reflex as a wave of nausea hits her* "And I think the baby is saying I'm lecturing too much. I'm sorry, darling."

​"I… didn't hit you too hard, did I?" *sighs again* "It's fine. Just sometimes you need a little sense er… slapped into you?" *smiles sheepishly* "Now, I'm not saying you can't study dark magic, or practice. I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable with you using it in BATTLE quite yet, just because you're having some… mental issues due to thousands of stressors. But study? Practice? Have at it. You're right in that it'll be very useful to know. But have someone with you, and don't stay up all night to do so. Exhaustion messes up your thinking even more and, really, this sort of magic is unforgiving with slips. So, have people near when you're studying or practicing? Those who'll be able to tell if something is wrong and…" *suddenly stops and covers her mouth to cover a gag reflex as a wave of nausea hits her* "And I think the baby is saying I'm lecturing too much. I'm sorry, darling."

...Wait huh? "D-did you just say baby? As in you are..."*begins snickering* "Pfft- Ahahahahaha, that's great. So Dusk has a romantic side eh? Gods you two... So dancing is what we call it nowadays?"

...Wait huh? "D-did you just say baby? As in you are..."*begins snickering* "Pfft- Ahahahahaha, that's great. So Dusk has a romantic side eh? Gods you two... So dancing is what we call it nowadays?"

​"Oh, Sorin, when did you get here?"

​"Oh, Sorin, when did you get here?"

...Dear gods have I become Samson? *sigh* "...I've been standing here with this magic slowly killing me to raise my pain tolerance and you notice me now? What if I was an enemy? You'd be a dead pregnant woman dear."

...Dear gods have I become Samson? *sigh* "...I've been standing here with this magic slowly killing me to raise my pain tolerance and you notice me now? What if I was an enemy? You'd be a dead pregnant woman dear."

"That's… a stupid way to raise pain tolerance. Why not something simpler like boiling water? Or, you know, torture. I've had that done to me before. Very nasty stuff there." *points at Silvia* "And I was busy with Darling here."

Silvia shook her head dully, locking eyes with the floor. "Haha... still as funny as always..." She shrugged, still kneading her fingers into her arms and wincing. Kat had a point, she HAD been extremely stressed lately, although really, it had been mostly her providing the stress, her own desperation fueling her actions. "Right... I'll... I'll do that."

Silvia pondered over a list of people to study with - Nathaniel, of course, and Sorin's recent interest in the dark arts counted him as well. "And sleep... sleep would be... so nice," she admitted, giggling a bit. "And... Oh. No, it's fine, Kat... I mean, if you want to go lie down, do so."

*stops when he sees Sorin at Kat's tent* "Oy! Sorin! You know who's been stealing my lines?"

(I don't think they're at the tents. Particularly since I'm certain they're all staying at the inn.)

Silvia shook her head dully, locking eyes with the floor. "Haha... still as funny as always..." She shrugged, still kneading her fingers into her arms and wincing. Kat had a point, she HAD been extremely stressed lately, although really, it had been mostly her providing the stress, her own desperation fueling her actions. "Right... I'll... I'll do that."

Silvia pondered over a list of people to study with - Nathaniel, of course, and Sorin's recent interest in the dark arts counted him as well. "And sleep... sleep would be... so nice," she admitted, giggling a bit. "And... Oh. No, it's fine, Kat... I mean, if you want to go lie down, do so."

"It's passed. Still, either I'm a weirdo or whoever came up with…" *glances to see Poly near* "Well 'that term' didn't know what they were talking about."

Edited by Kat

"... Y'know Kat, I did actually hear part of that while I was running past. 'The baby', eh? Either Dusk has a new pet name, or..."

"Or I'm talking about something in code, you idiot. Stop assuming things. If you do, I'll let you know a place Alicia's ticklish."

"Or I'm talking about something in code, you idiot. Stop assuming things. If you do, I'll let you know a place Alicia's ticklish."

*grins* "You say that like I'm not already aware of all of those spots."

(I don't think they're at the tents. Particularly since I'm certain they're all staying at the inn.)

"It's passed. Still, either I'm a weirdo or whoever came up with…" *glances to see Poly near* "Well 'that term' didn't know what they were talking about."

She nodded, rubbing at her eyes again. "Terms are known for being deceiving. Unfortunately, dark magic is nothing but -"

She immediately paused at Poly's statement, casting a panicked glance at Kat. "B-Because Poly... she was talking... about... me! I'm kind of like her baby, y'know."

(I REGRET NONE OF IT)

(Except Kat is refusing to let you in until she can't hide it anymore.)

*grins* "You say that like I'm not already aware of all of those spots."

"Uh-huh. I bet I know a spot YOU don't. Alicia said you didn't, at least, so either you've been up to things without her knowledge or you're lying."

(This is related to the skit Ace, Vash, and me are still working on.)

She nodded, rubbing at her eyes again. "Terms are known for being deceiving. Unfortunately, dark magic is nothing but -"

She immediately paused at Poly's statement, casting a panicked glance at Kat. "B-Because Poly... she was talking... about... me! I'm kind of like her baby, y'know."

*grinning suddenly* "Darling, he's not supposed to know about THAT pet name, remember?"

"That's… a stupid way to raise pain tolerance. Why not something simpler like boiling water? Or, you know, torture. I've had that done to me before. Very nasty stuff there." *points at Silvia* "And I was busy with Darling here."

"*sigh* You don't understand what kind of pain I'm referring to do you? ..."

*stops when he sees Sorin at Kat's tent* "Oy! Sorin! You know who's been stealing my lines?"

"Stealing lines? Naw but let's find him and beat his ass.... Kidding."

"You are a terrible liar and should stop changing the subject. Kat would have got it past me but not you. We are technically brother and sister."

"You are a terrible liar and should stop changing the subject. Kat would have got it past me but not you. We are technically brother and sister."

(Sorin, Poly's NOT to know! ><) "She's not. Lying, I mean." *sighs and subtly gives Sorin a look that screams 'play along or I WILL hurt you'* Her sleepiness is addling her and making her talk about how we spend time when we get LONELY."

Edited by Kat

"Uh-huh. I bet I know a spot YOU don't. Alicia said you didn't, at least, so either you've been up to things without her knowledge or you're lying."

*grinning suddenly* "Darling, he's not supposed to know about THAT pet name, remember?"

"You're lying. I'm her husband, I'm supposed to know... that... oh my, Kat. I think Klotho's got the wrong person nicknamed 'Harem'."

"You're lying. I'm her husband, I'm supposed to know... that... oh my, Kat. I think Klotho's got the wrong person nicknamed 'Harem'."

"Nah, Silvia helped me find it~ Ace too. We all had so much fun, you see."

"Uh huh." *turns to Sorin* "Okay, spill. What's she been on about?"

Okay, I'm getting annoyed now. Low blow time. "Khan, you remember what happened LAST TIME you pressed this much?"