Sorin

(Anon talking to himself as drama occurs)

What, prithee myself, is happiness? Is the feeling I have now, alone and under the stars, yet undeniably at peace, happiness? Or is joy more akin to the rush of battle or discovery, my veins pounding as I achieve some great goal I could have only dreamed of as a younger man? Is enjoyment of life the feeling I receive from talking with my allies, a feeling unsettled yet calm? It is certainly different from the feeling I get from being with my family. Is that feeling happiness? Or is each a different form? I don't see how that could be, as each is so drastically varied. To think I may have lived my life believing the wrong feeling to be happiness...maybe, I should discredit the idea of happiness dependent upon others. After all, I have disregarded love and romance because of the weaknesses it creates, why not a lesser variant? Hehe...I don't know. I can be the greatest genius on any planet, and still the heart is to deceitful for mortal understanding. Ain't life a bitch? Not really, life is pretty good to me. I guess I should just drop the poetry, sleep on it and follow what I can tell in the most 'right.' If I need to know, I'll figure it out eventually. Who knows, maybe I'll actually try talking to people again. It's been awhile since I've done any satire, and there's no shortage of stuff to joke at with that bunch.

• Replies 36.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aquakat

• Lance Masayoshi

• DodgeDusk

• MRDRHAWK

(Except Kat is refusing to let you in until she can't hide it anymore.)

"Uh-huh. I bet I know a spot YOU don't. Alicia said you didn't, at least, so either you've been up to things without her knowledge or you're lying."

(This is related to the skit Ace, Vash, and me are still working on.)

*grinning suddenly* "Darling, he's not supposed to know about THAT pet name, remember?"

Silvia slapped her hand to her forehead. "Of course. Ignore me, I'm clearly talking too much."

"Not particularly. I think it involved lemons and a geriatric horseman?"

(now he's just doing it to troll.)

"I guess you beat it out of your skull with a tree."

(Poly… she's aggravated and hormonal. Her next threat is castration. …Actually, that was her first threat, but I made her change it. She refuses to let you in on the secret due to the absolute teasing hell you put her through earlier.)

Silvia slapped her hand to her forehead. "Of course. Ignore me, I'm clearly talking too much."

"Yes, yes. Don't want him to find out about THAT~"

Edited by Kat

"I'm not sure if I envy Dusk, or pity him. I mean, his wife's probably leaving him for an attractive female." *snickers* "But hey, Kat, you know I'm just concerned. Although, I'm not sure why... it's not like you're pregnant or anything. ... Is that even possible for a quasi-immortal being like yourself?"

"I'm not sure if I envy Dusk, or pity him. I mean, his wife's probably leaving him for an attractive female." *snickers* "But hey, Kat, you know I'm just concerned. Although, I'm not sure why... it's not like you're pregnant or anything. ... Is that even possible for a quasi-immortal being like yourself?"

"Eh, he's okay with it. Mostly. And, while I appreciate your concern, you CONSTANTLY BUGGING ME ABOUT IT, is not helping matters." *shrugs* "You know; I never got around to asking Mila about that. Must've slipped my mind in the midst of all the killing and death."

Edited by Kat

(Anon talking to himself as drama occurs)

What, prithee myself, is happiness? Is the feeling I have now, alone and under the stars, yet undeniably at peace, happiness? Or is joy more akin to the rush of battle or discovery, my veins pounding as I achieve some great goal I could have only dreamed of as a younger man? Is enjoyment of life the feeling I receive from talking with my allies, a feeling unsettled yet calm? It is certainly different from the feeling I get from being with my family. Is that feeling happiness? Or is each a different form? I don't see how that could be, as each is so drastically varied. To think I may have lived my life believing the wrong feeling to be happiness...maybe, I should discredit the idea of happiness dependent upon others. After all, I have disregarded love and romance because of the weaknesses it creates, why not a lesser variant? Hehe...I don't know. I can be the greatest genius on any planet, and still the heart is to deceitful for mortal understanding. Ain't life a bitch? Not really, life is pretty good to me. I guess I should just drop the poetry, sleep on it and follow what I can tell in the most 'right.' If I need to know, I'll figure it out eventually. Who knows, maybe I'll actually try talking to people again. It's been awhile since I've done any satire, and there's no shortage of stuff to joke at with that bunch.

Prolly should have posted this in character dev.

I liked it though!

"What can I say? I'm protective of close friends. And sarcasm makes your brow go all... funky. I'd get that checked after this war's done."

"*sighs* Look, I AM capable of getting pregnant. I just found out in one of my lives in decidedly NOT a nice way. Catch. My. Hint?"

(Sorin, Poly's NOT to know! ><) "She's not. Lying, I mean." *sighs and subtly gives Sorin a look that screams 'play along or I WILL hurt you'* Her sleepiness is addling her and making her talk about how we spend time when we get LONELY."

'...I-I'm not scared. Just playing along.'

"Ah. Is it like that time I compared you to a dirty old man? If so, I'll not press any further. ... While you're within earshot, anyway." *smirks, as if to indicate he's joking about the last bit*

'...I-I'm not scared. Just playing along.'

*smiles at him*

"Ah. Is it like that time I compared you to a dirty old man? If so, I'll not press any further. ... While you're within earshot, anyway." *smirks, as if to indicate he's joking about the last bit*

"Yeah, that." *sighs* "Oh, this has been an insane day. Luckily, we didn't get attacked on top of it."

"... You hear that, Kat? I thought I heard moaning just now."

(Note: this is merely Poly trolling Kat)

(also, I can't believe y'all didn't notice my new sigpic)

(shame on all your famirys)

*smiles at him*

"Yeah, that." *sighs* "Oh, this has been an insane day. Luckily, we didn't get attacked on top of it."

"Actually... kinda did."

"... You hear that, Kat? I thought I heard moaning just now."

(Note: this is merely Poly trolling Kat)

(also, I can't believe y'all didn't notice my new sigpic)

(shame on all your famirys)

(I have no idea what that is…)

"Well, if it's a Risen, I hope you give it a good meal before sending it on its way."

"You know that's not funny to me, Kat. Remember? The reason I'm that you had to essentially bring my daughter back from the dead? Although... permission to use Anon as Risen bait?"

"You know that's not funny to me, Kat. Remember? The reason I'm that you had to essentially bring my daughter back from the dead? Although... permission to use Anon as Risen bait?"

"Er, oops. Sorry, I misspoke. And I'd rather you didn't. …If he makes one crack about romance and it's supposed flaws, though, have at it."

"... Meh. S'pose I'll call it even, what with the whole 'bugging you about being pregnant' thing. And... wait, is he still on about that? Ugh... I need to lock him in a dark room with Isabelle for a while, then maybe he'll shut up about it."

"... Meh. S'pose I'll call it even, what with the whole 'bugging you about being pregnant' thing. And... wait, is he still on about that? Ugh... I need to lock him in a dark room with Isabelle for a while, then maybe he'll shut up about it."

​"Poly, when did I ever state I was anything but ill? Oh, whatever. I'm not even going to bring it up. And YES, he is. Don't torture Isabelle, please."

"Er, oops. Sorry, I misspoke. And I'd rather you didn't. …If he makes one crack about romance and it's supposed flaws, though, have at it."

(You know the character has barely talked to any of you for 6 months)

Anon: *yawns* I need to remind myself to...piss off Poly again *smile* hehe...inexplicable anger...

(Kat, you're the only one showing up in my alerts.)

"... Speaking of which, Kat, any women that seem interested in Breezy in this army? I've kind of... ah... made it my mission to ship him."

Edited by Polydeuces

(Kat, you're the only one showing up in my alerts.)

"... Speaking of which, Kat, any women that seem interested in Breezy in this army? I've kind of... ah... made it my mission to ship him."

"Don't. He's grieving and has not yet reached a point where he can move on."

"Sounds like me, up until the Mount Prism mission."

"Poly, you were shipping yourself with… never mind." *shrugs* "Well then, you, of ALL PEOPLE, should know better than to try. If you attempt, I will give permission for him to fire arrows at you."

(The lack of Sorin and Silvia responses is sad.)

Edited by Kat