Sorin

Anon: You strike the tip on a rough surface which creates friction and starts a fire.

​"…I hit it against something and it goes 'boom'? That doesn't make sense."

(Note - she's thinking 'strike' like punch, not 'strike' like… well, striking a match)

• Replies 36.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aquakat

• Lance Masayoshi

• DodgeDusk

• MRDRHAWK

​"I hit it against something and it goes 'boom'? That doesn't make sense."

(Note - she's thinking 'strike' like punch, not 'strike' like well, striking a match)

Anon: *sigh* What are we going to do with you? Then again, I guess it is odd that strike is used like this only hen referring to matches. You see, when someone says 'strike a match', they mean this *strikes a match* Hey, you know-actually, never mind, we dropped that. Edited by AnonymousSpeed

Anon: *sigh* What are we going to do with you? Then again, I guess it is odd that strike is used like this only hen referring to matches. You see, when someone says 'strike a match', they mean this *strikes a match* Hey, you know-actually, never mind, we dropped that.

"? Harem, why is Lonely Pyro weird?"

Edited by Kat

Anon:...*lights arrow* just shoot the target.

"Okay." *aims carefully and hits the target, to the left of the bullseye* "So, the fire makes it move funny, and I bet if I wait too long, I'll hit too high because the fire burned off some of the weight. Right?"

"And at a serious distance too..." she said, closing one eye to survey the distance. "Now, why are you practicing this, exactly? Risen?"

*matter-of-factly* "Risen and humans are highly flammable. Particularly the latter with their clothes and hair and all."

"Okay." *aims carefully and hits the target, to the left of the bullseye* "So, the fire makes it move funny, and I bet if I wait too long, I'll hit too high because the fire burned off some of the weight. Right?"

Anon: Nice shot. I'd say the flame is more likely to ruin the arrow after awhile though.

"That's like asking why the sky is blue. It just is that way," she replied, laughing.

Anon: Well that's easy to explain, water in the atmosphere reflects blue light, thus it appears blue.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

Anon: Nice shot. I'd say the flame is more likely to ruin the arrow after awhile though.

Anon: Well that's easy to explain, water in the atmosphere reflects blue light, thus it appears blue.

"I think you missed a point, Lonely Pyro."

*matter-of-factly* "Risen and humans are highly flammable. Particularly the latter with their clothes and hair and all."

"Humans." Silvia had to shake her head vigorously to even begin to process what she had just said. "You actually... Klotho, that's not exactly something to take lightly. I mean... Risen are one thing. These are PEOPLE."

Anon: Haha! Yes yes, I know. However, I am odd like that, aren't I?

"Very much so."

"Humans." Silvia had to shake her head vigorously to even begin to process what she had just said. "You actually... Klotho, that's not exactly something to take lightly. I mean... Risen are one thing. These are PEOPLE."

"But if we don't kill these villains, then you won't be able to go home. I choose you and the Dreamers over them any day and if fire makes them easier to deal with, then I'm going to learn."

"Very much so."

"But if we don't kill these villains, then you won't be able to go home. I choose you and the Dreamers over them any day and if fire makes them easier to deal with, then I'm going to learn."

Anon:...why us? You know, not here alone, but overall.

"Very much so."

While she hated to admit it, Klotho's willingness to accept such a thing stung a little... it meant she had no REAL reason to study Mire tomes, and if she did it would just seem defiant of her. As selfish as it was, she almost, almost wanted to make her back down from her easygoing attitude about it. Almost. She just didn't have the heart to. "... Well, I can't stop you. But if it becomes too much just say something."

Anon:...why us? You know, not here alone, but overall.

"Eh? Because you're my family, silly. Why else?"

While she hated to admit it, Klotho's willingness to accept such a thing stung a little... it meant she had no REAL reason to study Mire tomes, and if she did it would just seem defiant of her. As selfish as it was, she almost, almost wanted to make her back down from her easygoing attitude about it. Almost. She just didn't have the heart to. "... Well, I can't stop you. But if it becomes too much just say something."

"I will if you do. Anyway, I've… a request?"

(…I have no idea if this is Klotho's way of getting out of a promise, her somehow knowing that Silvia has problems, or both.)

Edited by Kat

(…I have no idea if this is Klotho's way of getting out of a promise, her somehow knowing that Silvia has problems, or both.)

Anon: and if we weren't, would you still fight with us?

"Sounds a bit... ominous," Silvia mumbled under her breath, quickly snapping her gaze back up to Klotho and nodding. "Sure... tell me."

"Sounds a bit... ominous," Silvia mumbled under her breath, quickly snapping her gaze back up to Klotho and nodding. "Sure... tell me."

​"C… can I watch you practice the scare… the d-dark magic?" *looking really nervous, but stubborn*" P-please?"

Anon: Because, I never base anything off something that wasn't chosen. I did not choose my family, yet I know and care for them. That's why I look out for them, not because of a blood tie.

"You're still not making sense." *very confused* "I mean… you all are my family. I choose to believe that, and to stay with you all." *shrugs and pouts* "Stop making fun of my… lack of memory…"

​"C… can I watch you practice the scare… the d-dark magic?" *looking really nervous, but stubborn*" P-please?"

Her heart hammered in her chest like a drum, her fingers clenched at her sides as she cast just one more glance to the branch. As odd as it felt, and as wrong as it felt, she MISSED that warm euphoria that filled her when she used it, the shivers that ran lovingly up her spine... "W-Why? It clearly bothers you and I - I don't want to put you through that." Common sense was winning out here - she wasn't going to torture the poor girl, even if it was on her request.

Her heart hammered in her chest like a drum, her fingers clenched at her sides as she cast just one more glance to the branch. As odd as it felt, and as wrong as it felt, she MISSED that warm euphoria that filled her when she used it, the shivers that ran lovingly up her spine... "W-Why? It clearly bothers you and I - I don't want to put you through that." Common sense was winning out here - she wasn't going to torture the poor girl, even if it was on her request.

​"Because if I have another freak-out like back when we were attacked… Cassandra and Dan could've DIED because I was too weak. S-so, I thought that… well, m-maybe if I watched someone I trust SO MUCH use it… m-maybe I can w-work through it. At least… not freak out in a fight." *looks pleading* "I'll stay out of the way, I promise! And… and I'll have someone with me in case I freak out and need to be helped away. Um…" *pauses* "Wait, Sister said you could only practice with Sorin, Nathaniel, Ace, or Alicia nearby. D-do you w-want me to ask them first?"

(No, the lack of nicknames isn't a mistake. It's on purpose. Also, yay for Klotho prodding at Silvia's conscience?)